I found a hair in my Pizza.

bob smith

That's no good. I found glass in my food twice - once in Australia and once in New Zealand. That sucked. Both times the staff copped it and accepted responsibility. I would ponder it for a moment - if it was super gross I may politely tell the staff that, it is an understandable thing to happen, but would you mind replacing it please, but if it looked innocuous, I might not worry - it's been cooked and can easily be removed. . 

Was this in Bangers or Patts? I've been going out a bit more in Bangkok with a Pommy mate and I'm finding it to be quite poor value for money. 

Also the quality is hit and miss. One day the Lamb Hyderabadi Biryani tastes like heaven and the next it's all dried out and inedible.

This is in the ฿300-฿500 per plate range, I'm not as rich as you Bogs do can't afford to eat the 6k+ Michelin star joints.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

I'm not as rich as you Bogs do can't afford to eat the 6k+ Michelin star joints.

I dont eat in those places everyday, I also like to play the role of cheap Charlie from time to time.

Though the flashing of the Rolex usually prevents me from doing so..

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, bob smith said:

I dont eat in those places everyday, I also like to play the role of cheap Charlie from time to time.

Though the flashing of the Rolex usually prevents me from doing so..

I've yet to eat in a real fancy joint because right at this point in time I simply cannot afford it.

I wonder if they're all that they're cracked up to be? 

Eg. B*sc*tti across the road from my gaff is touted as being one of the best Italian joints in town but when I look at their lunch menu it doesn't grab me by the short and curlies. 

Maybe if they chucked in a half carafe of wine with the meal but that's not an option so a Double Quarter Pounder meal it is.

3 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

I wonder if they're all that they're cracked up to be? 

They really are mate.

Well, if lambos, rolexes and fine wines are your thing.

not to mention the hi-so white skinned beauties who frequent such places..

2 minutes ago, bignok said:

It's Thailand buddy. Try Thai food.

Another childish response, as expected.

I've been coming here since mid-1997, tried all sorts of Thai food, even live miniature shrimp and fried grasshoppers. This was on my previous travels up and down the country that you accused me of never having undertaken.

If you like it then fine, knock yourself out and pretend that you are in touch with the locals and all that lost soul nonsense you keep banging on about.

Me, I prefer foreign food to Thai food. When supervised properly, Thai cooks can prepare those cuisines very well, one of the reasons I like spending time in Bangkok and Pattaya because there is such a great range of decent non-Thai food at reasonable prices if you're not on a local's slave wage.

Or should I say was, this time around either the quality has gone down or my perception has changed after being away for seven years or so and eating very tasty food in Sydney. 

O maybe it's because I've been going to the wrong places. Happy to take serious recommendations that don't involve robbing a bank to pay for, and no I'm not interested in 69 baht slop on a plate.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Lemsta69 said:

I've been coming here since mid-1997, tried all sorts of Thai food, even live miniature shrimp and fried grasshoppers. This was on my previous travels up and down the country that you accused me of never having undertaken.

If you like it then fine, knock yourself out and pretend that you are in touch with the locals and all that lost soul nonsense you keep banging on about.

Me, I prefer foreign food to Thai food. When supervised properly, Thai cooks can prepare those cuisines very well, one of the reasons I like spending time in Bangkok and Pattaya because there is such a great range of decent non-Thai food at reasonable prices if you're not on a local's slave wage.

Or should I say was, this time around either the quality has gone down or my perception has changed after being away for seven years or so and eating very tasty food in Sydney. 

O maybe it's because I've been going to the wrong places. Happy to take serious recommendations that don't involve robbing a bank to pay for, and no I'm not interested in 69 baht slop on a plate.

a couple years back I was eating a cheeseburger in a cafe minding my own business when some old 2 week holiday tart came up to my table and said 'why dont you try some Thai food instead?' 

that really wound me up, so much so she almost got covered in beer the cheeky cow!.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Lemsta69 said:

Angry guy, western food in Thailand is always hit and miss. Seems you learnt nothing.

It's like ordering Mexican in France.

There's 2 Lanna restaurants in Bangkok that I know that has 69 baht curries. As good as any expensive one.

There's also a good steak restaurant near Don Muang.