iPGCE Nottingham, Derby, or Tes to get TL?

Michelala

Hello everyone,

I'm considering an iPGCE and choosing between Nottingham, Derby, and Tes. I've heard many completed it with Nottingham, so I assume it's recognized by TCT (Kurusapha) for a Thai teaching license.

I'm leaning towards Derby or Tes as it’s more affordable. Has anyone completed their iPGCE with Derby or Tes and successfully obtained a Thai teaching license? Does completion of iPGCE with Derby or Tes give you the eligibility to take the licensure exam from TCT? I'd love to hear your experience.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/29/2023 at 7:14 PM, Michelala said:

Hello everyone,

I'm considering an iPGCE and choosing between Nottingham, Derby, and Tes. I've heard many completed it with Nottingham, so I assume it's recognized by TCT (Kurusapha) for a Thai teaching license.

I'm leaning towards Derby or Tes as it’s more affordable. Has anyone completed their iPGCE with Derby or Tes and successfully obtained a Thai teaching license? Does completion of iPGCE with Derby or Tes give you the eligibility to take the licensure exam from TCT? I'd love to hear your experience.

Thanks!

It's all completely up in the air as Khurusapa are going through changes. The iPGCE from Notts used to get one a permanent license until fairly recently, but not anymore. Khurusapa have launched their own 7 module course that will get one a permanent license at the end of it, but it will be up to your school to enrol you on it and they only open for applicants once a year. Like everything in Thailand, it's as clear as mud.