Musk tells companies pulling ads from X: ‘Go f— yourself’

CharlieH

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

He goes further than I would but the comparison to Henry Ford is apt for those that don't know the history.

That hand gesture is just as insulting as the middle-finger salute in some parts of the world.  I guess he's going for a "global offensive." 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 12/1/2023 at 7:11 AM, Skipalongcassidy said:

And consumers can shop where they want... Budlite proved that... Disney's abysmal performance is proving that as well... Boycotts by good people work.

Well, I guess that explains why Trump's mostly properties took such a hit when he was President.

Edited by placeholder
  • Sad 1

On 11/30/2023 at 10:59 AM, JonnyF said:

Criticizing certain Jewish communities behaviour does not make someone anti-semitic. Just as criticizing certain Muslim communities behaviour does not make you Islamophobic.

He is criticizing their behaviour and pointing out what he believes to be a double standard. I don't agree with his opinion, but neither do I believe he is being anti semitic. 

As so often is the case with the Left, they are what they accuse others of being. 

Musk disagrees with you.

Musk apologizes for endorsing antisemitic post, curses advertisers boycotting X for it

Elon Musk called his recent endorsement of an antisemitic conspiracy theory “foolish” and said he was “sorry for that post” on X, the social media platform he owns and renamed from Twitter.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/musk-uses-expletive-to-dismiss-concerns-of-advertisers-that-fled-x-over-hate-speech/

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

On 12/2/2023 at 12:19 AM, Jingthing said:

He goes further than I would but the comparison to Henry Ford is apt for those that don't know the history.

Sorry, I know it's wrong, but when I hear that accent I just think "right wing redneck" and can't get beyond it.

• Sad 1

Good point about Musk's antisemitism.

He's too big to fail.

i kind of get that.

I want X to burn away but his other activities obviously have some or a lot of socially redeeming value, whether Musk is an antisemite or not (he is).

How to Be Anti-Semitic and Get Away With It (msn.com)

They become too big to fail. Over the past six months, Elon Musk has publicly affirmed the deadliest anti-Semitic conspiracy theory in recent American history, claimed that Jews and Jewish organizations cause anti-Semitism, and echoed extremist conspiracy theories about the Jewish financier George Soros. As a result, the billionaire has lost a few advertisers on his social-media platform, and even got rapped by the White House. But as The New York Times reported, even as the U.S. government criticized Musk, it continued to buy things from him.

• Agree 1