Thai PM returning to Phuket to oversee “tourism safety” drills

webfact

This is really good news. Phuket really needs the genius that this man possesses, his wisdom knows no bounds, his intelligence, his clarity, his vision and his planning are things that are a tremendous blessings to this nation. Every day he serves the country it improves, and there is probably not a single man in the country that could have been a better choice as a leader. This man is a sage, he's a saint, he is selfless and cares only about the common man.

He is a genius, let him dispense his wisdom at every opportunity.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

This is really good news. Phuket really needs the genius that this man possesses, his wisdom knows no bounds, his intelligence, his clarity, his vision and his planning are things that are a tremendous blessings to this nation. Every day he serves the country it improves, and there is probably not a single man in the country that could have been a better choice as a leader. This man is a sage, he's a saint, he is selfless and cares only about the common man.

He is a genius, let him dispense his wisdom at every opportunity.

I do wish you had made it obvious that you are being sarcastic, (you are aren't you?) because someone might just use those comment to support the idiot!

• Love It 1

Mixed feelings.

It's good to see one of the Bangkok political elites actually visiting the country's tourism cash cow rather than just counting the money as it fills the coffers in the Capital.

However, the reasons given for the visit seem silly and paltry compared to the real problems there that require massive remedial action from government to restore Phuket to again be one of the great tourism destinations of the world.

Well, good luck the PM is taking his job deadpan serious. I did not know that "tourism safety" is an issue in Phuket and apparently such a dangerous place that even the CEO of the country has to show up. 

Ever seen any tourism safety exercises around the Eiffel Tower in Paris, Schloss Schönbrunn in Vienna or Buckingham Palace in London. The Statue of Liberty in New York as well as the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco seem all to be less dangerous compared to Phuket. Well, as the saying goes, every day is school day! Count me out, I rather hop over to San Francisco 

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

Well, good luck the PM is taking his job deadpan serious. I did not know that "tourism safety" is an issue in Phuket and apparently such a dangerous place that even the CEO of the country has to show up. 

Ever seen any tourism safety exercises around the Eiffel Tower in Paris, Schloss Schönbrunn in Vienna or Buckingham Palace in London. The Statue of Liberty in New York as well as the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco seem all to be less dangerous compared to Phuket. Well, as the saying goes, every day is school day! Count me out, I rather hop over to San Francisco 

To me it seems this tourism safety exercise is more about tourist control and overwatch than their personal safety.

You mentioned a couple of the great cities of the world, I too would love to return to Paris and Vienna to spend more time exploring what they offer. My travel through Europe previously was too hurried. London, been there done that, and as a strong Australian republican, I have no interest in viewing the accumulated chattels of a family about whom I cannot understand the adulation. 

America, safety? Over 2000 confirmed suicides from your bridge, more than 520 mass shootings so far in 2023.  Pass.

10 hours ago, Colki said:

The real concern is that you will have an idiot falang willing to be the actor in the "drunken falang mockery" for some bizarre reason of feeling important or whatever.

Why do you find that a "real concern"?  do you think there may be "racist" undertones lol  does it state the nationality or ethnicity of the drunken tourist  or the person impersonating them?  no it does not.

Or are you just a bit "noi jai" because they didn't ask you to play the part

On 11/30/2023 at 5:03 PM, Old Croc said:

To me it seems this tourism safety exercise is more about tourist control and overwatch than their personal safety.

You mentioned a couple of the great cities of the world, I too would love to return to Paris and Vienna to spend more time exploring what they offer. My travel through Europe previously was too hurried. London, been there done that, and as a strong Australian republican, I have no interest in viewing the accumulated chattels of a family about whom I cannot understand the adulation. 

America, safety? Over 2000 confirmed suicides from your bridge, more than 520 mass shootings so far in 2023.  Pass.

Interesting input for which I thank you. The "chattels" are history and if the Brits want to keep on the "tradition" - so be it. The American problem is not the locals shooting around like there is no tomorrow. The law makers keep the national rifle association and their idiocy alive. In my country every serving soldier (i.e. male, between 20 and 50 years of age) has a machine gun at home as well as 24 rounds of ammo. All those men are professionally trained in the handling of the gun and that results in the world's possibly lowest gun fatalities. 

The bridge jumpers; well, it cannot be the state's job to prevent each and every suicide as the state is rarely at fault to start with - me thinks :saai:

1 hour ago, Sydebolle said:

Interesting input for which I thank you. The "chattels" are history and if the Brits want to keep on the "tradition" - so be it. The American problem is not the locals shooting around like there is no tomorrow. The law makers keep the national rifle association and their idiocy alive. In my country every serving soldier (i.e. male, between 20 and 50 years of age) has a machine gun at home as well as 24 rounds of ammo. All those men are professionally trained in the handling of the gun and that results in the world's possibly lowest gun fatalities. 

The bridge jumpers; well, it cannot be the state's job to prevent each and every suicide as the state is rarely at fault to start with - me thinks :saai:

I'm glad you found my offerings "interesting". I have no problems with the Brits retaining their traditions even though I find it astounding that a nation would fete unelected descendants of thieves, plunderers and slavers. My rancor stems from the fact that my country retains the inherited leader of that family as head of state. A referendum for a republic was skewed by people with strong British ties who dominated the process. 

I don't believe plunderer's families should be allowed to retain the spoils of their crimes just because it is historic. Tell that to the Greeks who are again trying to regain their "marbles" from the accumulator of stolen goods, the British museum. The Egyptians would also like their priceless artifacts returned.

America. I'm not going to engage in debate about their guns for reasons related to insanity. I will point out the ludicrous inaccuracy of your "world's lowest gun fatalities" statement. By deaths per population the US sits at about 20th. Better than places like Brazil or Mexico, but nothing to boast about. A long way from the best of the 200+ countries in the world. 

I understand the suicide and child mortality rates by guns probably do lead the "world". You would never convince me that battle scared veterans armed with weapons of war in their homes equates to safety, particularly involving themselves!

The reason I specifically mentioned "mass" shootings is because America is the world leader in that genre by a massive margin. I feel I would be much more likely to be mowed down by an automatic weapon there than anywhere in Thailand, including Phuket.

Edited by Old Croc
  • Like 1