Living in Pattaya on 186000 a month

AdrianUk

I hope that your post is genuine and not a troll.  It's nice to hear from people who have done well and can now enjoy the fruits of their labour (or inheritance). 

Hedonic creep dictates that you'll live a similar life to someone on half of that income, just with better versions of the same.  The place you rent will be nicer, your women will be younger and prettier, you'll drink better booze and eat better food.  The trouble starts if you go full on Caligula and increase your intake of those pleasurable consumables.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

I didn't read where the OP said how much he earns per month, and that amount may not be his total take every month.  Some people like to invest in the their future and don't spend their entire earnings each month.  Some may have that much each month as disposable income.

• Sad 2

On 11/30/2023 at 2:19 PM, AdrianUk said:

My retirement is coming soon and I want to know if 186,000 baht a month is enough for rent, ladies (every day) and some booze in bars?  One of my friends says his 3 children at rugby school costs more than that.

The house I want to rent is 70,000 a month. (At siam royal view)

70,000 you need to have your head examine!

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

My retirement is coming soon and I want to know if 186,000 baht a month is enough for rent, ladies (every day) and some booze in bars?  One of my friends says his 3 children at rugby school costs more than that.

It won't be enough.

186k - 70k = 116k per month. That is 3,866 THB per day. Food, transport, a few drinks, and half of that is gone. And for the other half you don't entertainment for a night - at least not good quality. And obviously to select a girl that often includes going to bars, having drinks, etc.

Option 1: Try to find a nice enough girlfriend and support her to make her happy.

Option 2: Don't do it every day.

In general: Lots of Thais, and not only Thais, will think that is an amount which you can't possibly spent in one month. You can. And it's not difficult. 

On 11/30/2023 at 2:37 PM, bob smith said:

sometimes it's buy 2 get one free, especially round Christmas and depending on how desperate the curb crawlers are.

that's what a mate of mine tells me, anyway :giggle:

How is le tour Thailand going.

As to thi thread Wondering if it is troll 

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Don't forget the cost of staff to look after the house   

I would suggest buying a condo 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 11/30/2023 at 8:19 AM, AdrianUk said:

That's 116,000 baht a month after rent, or 3,800 baht per day in average. Depending of the price of ladies and drinks – and how much you spend for health insurance, food, electric, water, laundry, domestic help, transport and more – it might both be enough and way too little. Life-style is pretty much like a rubber band.

• Like 1

The last few times I went downtown to eat in the soi buakao area I hated it. Could not wait to get out of there. It does have a lot of eateries thus why I went there.

It's about the area, not how much money you have. You are still going to be partying in a grungy area with weak people even if you have a large bank account somewhere. Money is not going to fix that unless you like the area.

Edited by JimTripper

On 11/30/2023 at 1:19 AM, AdrianUk said:

if 186,000 baht a month is enough for rent, ladies (every day)

Don't get ladies every day. I keep four ladies to satisfy my physical and sexual needs. I found it cheaper. I used to keep one sugar baby in the US, and now I can afford four in Thailand for the same price. 

• Thumbs Up 1

57 minutes ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

Don't get ladies every day. I keep four ladies to satisfy my physical and sexual needs. I found it cheaper. I used to keep one sugar baby in the US, and now I can afford four in Thailand for the same price. 

Can you explain keep? and is it an exclusive deal?  And approximate cost/per head and are these 6's or 8's?  Asking for OP. 

So I'm thinking living in that gated estate is important to the OP.  And surely his reputation cant be that of a farang bringing a new gal home everyday.  So he will also require a crash pad.   But if he is crashing there everynight does he need his 70k estate  house? 

In a few years OP may want to settle down and could find a quality partner with his resources but quality women will be interested in his past and his reputation.   There are forums where this info is diseminated i have heard.  At a minimum There is the cursed FB. 

Edited by Elkski

On 11/30/2023 at 9:30 AM, KhunBENQ said:

I though people with 700/800 k Baht a month (>20000 USD) would live in Miami, Cote d'Azur or wherever except Pattaya.

The poorer ones with half that money maybe in Ko Samui :cheesy:
I never stop learning.

There is one thing most people tend to forget and that is that up to 2024 you paid no income tax on your foreign earning like capital gains. So if you make 30K USD in France you have 17K left for yourself if you live in Thailand you have 30K USD still and your money lasts you two times as long in the land of the free, so pretty easy decision if you are a free man and can chose where to live.

9 hours ago, Elkski said:

Can you explain keep? and is it an exclusive deal?  And approximate cost/per head and are these 6's or 8's?  Asking for OP. 

Yes, it is an exclusive deal, but what they do in their free time is not in my control. I pay them, but I don't control them. We have a verbal agreement that each one will spend at least one night with me in a week for unlimited shots and other kinky sex stuff. They are all below 30 and 8.

• Like 1

On 11/30/2023 at 12:19 AM, AdrianUk said:

Sounds like your friend paid too much, he should have bought his children before they went to rugby school, they would have cost less.

As long as you don't buy any children of your own, it sounds like 186k baht with a 70k monthly rent ought to be enough. 

On 11/30/2023 at 2:56 PM, AdrianUk said:

Years ago a friend of mine did an experiment on here.  He wrote his true income anonymously and his budget. I think it was around 800,000 a month.  He was called a troll and swiftly banned. 

This is why people don't post their income if its reasonable.

Most guys on here are retired and some are living on just a meager pension of 60K baht a month. 

If you are not retired, have an expat wife and want an expat life in Bangkok, then you need anywhere from 200-300K ++ per month.
For each child you will need another 100K baht a month just for school, so add 150K per kid to cover them.

600K baht per month for a family with 2 kids is not unreasonable.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

13 hours ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

Do these ladies know they are four in number? Sounds like the mother of all cat-fights to me.

On 11/30/2023 at 8:30 AM, KhunBENQ said:

I though people with 700/800 k Baht a month (>20000 USD) would live in Miami, Cote d'Azur or wherever except Pattaya.

The poorer ones with half that money maybe in Ko Samui :cheesy:
I never stop learning.

One of the oddities of this Forum is that members are always posting about how 'the rich' live or what the rich like or where they want to be, as if 'the rich' are some monolithic entity.

"A friend" of mine is rich by any measure. He lives well below his means in Thailand. He enjoys Thailand for the time being, and may one day move on to another place, as there's always something new to experience. He has no budget, so buys what he wants, eats what he wants, does what he wants. Sometimes what he does/buys/wants costs a lot, sometimes it's pretty simple. If you saw 'my friend' you would never guess what he's got, though he might look more than skint, as he's quite fit and dresses neatly all the time. He smiles a lot, too.

The great benefit of wealth, or so 'my friend' says, is that it takes away almost all the stress most people experience in life. It allows them to live as they choose, which may not be in the Hamptons or Pebble Beach or Monaco. Heck, such people might not even be particularly demanding, as they're just happy with what life has allowed them to have. To raise the subject in a recent thread, if there's a fly on their pizza, they just pull it off and---unless it was a long one that spread across the entire dish---they'll eat what wasn't touched by the hair. If it spread across the whole dish, they will discretely point it out to service staff and ask for a replacement. No attention drawn. They know stuff like that happens even in a Michelin Star restaurant.

• Like 1