Living in Pattaya on 186000 a month

AdrianUk

1 hour ago, Ben Zioner said:

Well the real question now is whether you want to share your booze, for the rest of your life, with Cheap Charlies trying to teach you how to have a good life in Pattaya with less than 50k a month..

You would have done better to keep quiet. 

38 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

My comment was not addressed to you, but to the OP!

But if you want to wear the badge of permanent hooker shame and show that you are unable to get a steady relationship then go ahead and wear that badge of inadequacy!

Good! You feel better now?

I've made this comment with low-income types but I suppose it could apply to high-income types, as well.  So, once again, if your income is only _________baht a month (fill in the blank, in your case, 186,000), you can live better here on that income than many places in the West.  Welcome, and have fun.  

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

I though people with 700/800 k Baht a month (>20000 USD) would live in Miami, Cote d'Azur or wherever except Pattaya.

The poorer ones with half that money maybe in Ko Samui :cheesy:
I never stop learning.

I see that @Ralf001 has already educated you. Or perhaps you already knew but are just pretending, for the lulz or whatever.

There's rivers of money out there in Thailand that most of us in here will never get close to.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ralf001 said:

lol @ offered.

Why would such a thing make you ‘laugh out loud’? Are you a bit ‘simple’?
It was one of my choices. 
Though in actuality, I suggested an amount and they accepted. 
Was that really too much for you to process on your own? 

7 minutes ago, NextG said:

Why would such a thing make you ‘laugh out loud’? Are you a bit ‘simple’?
It was one of my choices. 
Though in actuality, I suggested an amount and they accepted. 
Was that really too much for you to process on your own? 

Offered and actual are worlds apart.

Even the dumbest mong knows this.

• Confused 2

5 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

I see that @Ralf001 has already educated you. Or perhaps you already knew but are just pretending, for the lulz or whatever.

There's rivers of money out there in Thailand that most of us in here will never get close to.

He stated Pattaya, rather than Thailand as a whole. 
Money certainly is not the measure of a man. 
It’s 🤮 when someone tries to use money/income as a measure of their standing in society. 
If they had any real friends or social circle, they wouldn’t need nor feel the need to do so at all. They do it because they have repulsive characters and money is perceived to be their only attraction. 

Much like the wave of revulsion that would ensue if the owners of CP would ask how they could personally claim the 10,000 baht handout. 
People with money don’t need to act in that manner. It’s akin to rats scuttling around. A bit disgusting. 

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

I don’t think @Ralf001 has the ability to educate anyone, other than how not to behave. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

You saying my post is BS ?

Yes!

30 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:
38 minutes ago, NextG said:

Offered and actual are worlds apart.

Even the dumbest mong knows this

If you aren’t the ‘dumbest mong’ or even if you are, according to you, you’ll be able to explain how the owner’s offer of 20k to me, differs from “actual”. 
I call BS on your part. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I guess the OP is firm on this daily  P4P idea but he should keep it discreet because he may find he could attract a real quality , sexy, attractive,educated, motivated business gal 20 yrs his junior if he has 180k/ mo.     And she wouldn't have to fake it. 

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, AdrianUk said:

My retirement is coming soon and I want to know if 186,000 baht a month is enough for rent, ladies (every day) and some booze in bars?  One of my friends says his 3 children at rugby school costs more than that.

The house I want to rent is 70,000 a month. (At siam royal view)

I cant believe anyone would want to reply to this ridiculous post

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I give thanks every single day of my life that I chose not to go the route of parenthood. When I read something like this, it makes me extra thankful. Such nonsense. Cannot even imagine having to dish out that kind of money here. That is London, or Chicago money.

I met a Russian lady here in Pattaya, married with 3 kids. It costs them 1.5m pa to educate their kids here. ASEAN Now gives a very warped idea of expats.

But I certainly agree that renting a house here for 70k pm for a single man seems surplus to requirements. A decent condo might cost half that.

And what would a live-in girl cost? Or a regular girl friend?

• Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I give thanks every single day of my life that I chose not to go the route of parenthood. When I read something like this, it makes me extra thankful. Such nonsense. Cannot even imagine having to dish out that kind of money here. That is London, or Chicago money.

My kid goes to an excellent high school and the price is 20k a semester plus living expenses. 2 semesters a year. She is a niece whom we assumed care for and I could not begin to put a price on the joy and purpose she brings into our lives. Yes, there was some effort put into it, but she was always a great kid. I have no biological kids and I do have many friends in USA with considerable assets who have kids with serious emotional and drug issues and who pretty much destroy their parents lives. I guess it can become a crap shoot but we got lucky. 

• Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, AdrianUk said:

My retirement is coming soon and I want to know if 186,000 baht a month is enough for rent, ladies (every day) and some booze in bars?  One of my friends says his 3 children at rugby school costs more than that.

The house I want to rent is 70,000 a month. (At siam royal view)

Living like a king.

If your living alone why not get a sweet ocean front condo!

If I had the dosh, no children, no wife, that's what would do.

Enjoy! 

• Like 2