Living in Pattaya on 186000 a month

AdrianUk

On 11/30/2023 at 8:35 PM, AdrianUk said:

Thank you. I'm looking forward to it.

I will mix up some beach roaders to make my money go further 

If you know how much they cost already why do you need to ask on here?

Some people could spend 200,000 in a week to support the lifestyle they think they deserve, others could make it last a year.

As always, up to you. I'm guessing, but you won't be able to bring more than 186,000 for a month, so just do it- arrive and check it out. Anticipation can be the best part of a holiday.

• Thumbs Up 1

One guy contacted me. He makes 3.2m-3.5m baht a month after taxes and spends around 500,000 a month on his life,  kids, mongering etc.  This tells me no more than 500,000 a month is needed by anyone. He wants to remain anonymous.

It seems minimum needed for a family man and monger is 150,000 a month minimum and maximum needed 500,000 a month.  So my advice to guys is budget around 400,000 a month.

Edited by AdrianUk
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, AdrianUk said:

One guy contacted me. He makes 3.2m-3.5m baht a month after taxes and spends around 500,000 a month on his life,  kids, mongering etc.  This tells me no more than 500,000 a month is needed by anyone. He wants to remain anonymous.

It seems minimum needed for a family man and monger is 150,000 a month minimum and maximum needed 500,000 a month.  So my advice to guys is budget around 400,000 a month.

When I worked in Thailand I was on 300,000 a month tax free with 2-3 months annual bonus, other than the additional cost of renting a serviced apartment in a hotel during the week for 35,000 rather than face a daily 130 km round trip drive from my home, my spending wasn't any different to the way of life I lead now on 15% of that figure. I think it helps that I recognised fairly early on that becoming overly immersed in the nighlife scene was a waste of time and money for me and not the key to future happiness. 

Good luck spending whatever budget you want,  you'll be welcomed with open arms or more appropriately in your case open legs by the recipients of your largesse, I just hope for your sake you have something to show for your lifestyle choice a few years down the line.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/11/2023 at 1:45 PM, NextG said:

But you have only 186k… why are you attempting to advise others, when you have no experience yourself?

Hard to believe that anyone doubted that it was a Troll from your very first post. 

I was just giving information based on the feedback that I have, I apologise for that.  I am not a troll, all of these people have these incomes and my income is more than that, but I want to keep my spending under 2% so my assets do not deplete and I can continue investing.

On 12/12/2023 at 8:42 AM, kinyara said:

When I worked in Thailand I was on 300,000 a month tax free with 2-3 months annual bonus, other than the additional cost of renting a serviced apartment in a hotel during the week for 35,000 rather than face a daily 130 km round trip drive from my home, my spending wasn't any different to the way of life I lead now on 15% of that figure. I think it helps that I recognised fairly early on that becoming overly immersed in the nighlife scene was a waste of time and money for me and not the key to future happiness. 

Good luck spending whatever budget you want,  you'll be welcomed with open arms or more appropriately in your case open legs by the recipients of your largesse, I just hope for your sake you have something to show for your lifestyle choice a few years down the line.

I have worked hard to get to where I am, so I am looking forward to spending/tipping.

On 1/13/2024 at 9:30 AM, AdrianUk said:

I was just giving information based on the feedback that I have, I apologise for that.  I am not a troll, all of these people have these incomes and my income is more than that, but I want to keep my spending under 2% so my assets do not deplete and I can continue investing.

I have worked hard to get to where I am, so I am looking forward to spending/tipping.

^^

Another dreamer who hasn’t set foot in the place…

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/15/2024 at 5:24 PM, NextG said:

^^

Another dreamer who hasn’t set foot in the place…

Another miserable expat that can't be happy for others that are doing well. You are probably one of those guys that goes around scratching luxury cars.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3