My BP has gone from high to low.

giddyup

I've been taking meds for high BP for several years, but for the last few weeks it's been quite low, like 110/60. I haven't noticed any side effects like dizziness, but wondering if I should reduce taking the meds to every second day, and yes, will probaby need to see a doctor again. I'm 81 so don't expect my BP to be the perfect 120/80

4 minutes ago, giddyup said:

I've been taking meds for high BP for several years, but for the last few weeks it's been quite low, like 110/60. I haven't noticed any side effects like dizziness, but wondering if I should reduce taking the meds to every second day, and yes, will probaby need to see a doctor again. I'm 81 so don't expect my BP to be the perfect 120/80

Jumping raises bp

As does coffee and carbs

56 minutes ago, giddyup said:

My BP is low, but it's an effect of fitness, so a good thing. In your case, better ask the doc. 

17 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

Does anyone know of over the counter Pharmacist tablets and costs one can take for minor High BP!

There are none that are FDA approved, it's not something to tweak at will by buying this or that. There are plenty of prescription meds, best to see a cardiologist and see what he thinks.

• Thumbs Up 2

110/60 is not extremely low. It is normal range.

Whether ior nto to adjust your BOP meds depends on what yo uare takinbg buyt the adjustment would nto be to every other day as these merds do nto have that long an action. More likely a reduction in daily dosage.

What exactly are your meds? (list all not just BP meds as some others can reduce BO as a side effect)

• Thumbs Up 1

From what (high) blood pressure you started having BP medicines?

Or did you had medicine preventive, due to age maybe?

Did you check regular in the past and how much it dropped down then in first situation?

And how much did it dropped down now again to the 110?

All things to know before going to doctor. You can tell him then.

110 now on your age, I think ok, good. However you said it dropped down since a few weeks.

Your measuring device still good? No cracks in plastic connections or tube? Age of device?

As said by Sheryl, (additional new) other medicines? Or you have other food? 

If you go to doctor, take your device with you, so you could do a check on measuring. Is your device still good?

You can see then if there is a difference in measuring. The doctors device SHOULD be up to date and working proper. 

The doctor should be the one to tell you what could be wrong or not. He did a medical study.

However I had to tell my doctor, the headaches I got in time was due to statines.

He didnt made that connection and also not me at first. was taking them for already 3/4 of a year.

He simply stated migraine, probably true, but it was due to statines.

Well all is just a pump/pipesystem, only the controlling is more complicated.

The doc would be the mechanic.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Sheryl said:

110/60 is not extremely low. It is normal range.

Whether ior nto to adjust your BOP meds depends on what yo uare takinbg buyt the adjustment would nto be to every other day as these merds do nto have that long an action. More likely a reduction in daily dosage.

What exactly are your meds? (list all not just BP meds as some others can reduce BO as a side effect)

I take Losartan 50mg, Kerdica 20 (1/2 tab), Cardeloc 100mg and Allopurinol 300mg (for gout).

40 minutes ago, giddyup said:

I take Losartan 50mg, Kerdica (mandipine) 20 (1/2 tab), Cardeloc 100mg and Allopurinol 300mg (for gout).

That is 2 BP meds (Losartan and Kerdica) as well as a beta blocker (Cardeloc) which also has the effect of lowering BP.

Your Losartan dosage is already low but the Kerdica dosage is at the upper end (range is 10-20 mg) so might perhaps be lowered. Discuss with your doctor.

Why are you on the Cardeloc?

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Sheryl said:

That is 2 BP meds (Losartan and Kerdica) as well as a beta blocker (Cardeloc) which also has the effect of lowering BP.

Your Losartan dosage is already low but the Kerdica dosage is at the upper end (range is 10-20 mg) so might perhaps be lowered. Discuss with your doctor.

Why are you on the Cardeloc?

This is what the doctor at Pattaya Bangkok Hospital prescribed.

You didn't mention what your original BP was, nor any changes to lifestyle, diet, etc. so it is impossible to understand what happened.

Rather than arbitrarily deciding to reduce medications to every other day, you really need to go see a doctor, either your regular GP, or a cardiologist.

And when you go see your doctor, bring the medications you are taking to verify if the dosages are correct.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, giddyup said:

This is what the doctor at Pattaya Bangkok Hospital prescribed.

Prescribed for what condition?

This is a beta blocker. Use as an anti-hypertensive is obsolete, but it still has uses for heart failure, atrial fibrillation etc. Hence my question. You are on 3 medications all with the effect of lowering BP.

• Thumbs Up 2

9 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Prescribed for what condition?

This is a beta blocker. Use as an anti-hypertensive is obsolete, but it still has uses for heart failure, atrial fibrillation etc. Hence my question. You are on 3 medications all with the effect of lowering BP.

AFAIK I have no heart problems and the initial doctor's visit was for high BP which was around 170 at the time. I have had ECG's and treadmill diagnostics and my pulse rate at rest is around 60bpm, so can't give you reason for the Cardeloc.

15 minutes ago, giddyup said:

AFAIK I have no heart problems and the initial doctor's visit was for high BP which was around 170 at the time. I have had ECG's and treadmill diagnostics and my pulse rate at rest is around 60bpm, so can't give you reason for the Cardeloc.

Forgot to mention I only take half a 100mg Cardeloc per day.

On 12/3/2023 at 12:35 PM, giddyup said:

Hell no

1 hour ago, Peterphuket said:

At the moment for me it is 124/66, and I use this chart.

Schermafbeelding 2013-06-30 om 11.37.01.png

Systolic        Diastolic        recommendation        
      <99             < 59         consult your doctor                            
   100 > 119       60 >79     Optimum  self check                            
   120 > 129       80 > 85    Normal self check                            
   130 > 139       85 > 89    Too high consult                                                   your doctor                            
   140 > 159      89 > 99     Seek Medical advice                            
   170 > 179       100 > 109   BP far too high                                          Seek Medical  advice                            

180 >             110 >       Urgently Seek Medical  advice 

These are the figures and recommendations from my Microlife BP tester.                

23 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

Does anyone know of over the counter Pharmacist tablets and costs one can take for minor High BP!

I was taking Olmetec, 20mg daily and my BP was being maintained around 135/65. However, since starting to drink 30mils of extra virgin olive oil each morning on an empty stomach and 30 mils at night, 30 minutes before bed, I've been able to come off the Olmetec with my GP's ok,  and my BP is now 110/65, resting rate 60bpm.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, TigerandDog said:

I was taking Olmetec, 20mg daily and my BP was being maintained around 135/65. However, since starting to drink 30mils of extra virgin olive oil each morning on an empty stomach and 30 mils at night, 30 minutes before bed, I've been able to come off the Olmetec with my GP's ok,  and my BP is now 110/65, resting rate 60bpm.

Hows the turds whist on the oil ?

On 12/3/2023 at 12:35 PM, giddyup said:

who told you this is low?  In my opinion, your bp is brilliant.  

• Agree 1