Jump to content

My BP has gone from high to low.


Recommended Posts

I've been taking meds for high BP for several years, but for the last few weeks it's been quite low, like 110/60. I haven't noticed any side effects like dizziness, but wondering if I should reduce taking the meds to every second day, and yes, will probaby need to see a doctor again. I'm 81 so don't expect my BP to be the perfect 120/80

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, giddyup said:

I've been taking meds for high BP for several years, but for the last few weeks it's been quite low, like 110/60. I haven't noticed any side effects like dizziness, but wondering if I should reduce taking the meds to every second day, and yes, will probaby need to see a doctor again. I'm 81 so don't expect my BP to be the perfect 120/80

Jumping raises bp

As does coffee and carbs

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, giddyup said:

I've been taking meds for high BP for several years, but for the last few weeks it's been quite low, like 110/60. I haven't noticed any side effects like dizziness, but wondering if I should reduce taking the meds to every second day, and yes, will probaby need to see a doctor again. I'm 81 so don't expect my BP to be the perfect 120/80

My BP is low, but it's an effect of fitness, so a good thing. In your case, better ask the doc. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

Does anyone know of over the counter Pharmacist tablets and costs one can take for minor High BP!

There are none that are FDA approved, it's not something to tweak at will by buying this or that. There are plenty of prescription meds, best to see a cardiologist and see what he thinks.

  • Thumbs Up 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

110/60 is not extremely low. It is normal range.

 

Whether ior nto to adjust your BOP meds depends on what yo uare takinbg buyt the adjustment would nto be to every other day as these merds do nto have that long an action. More likely a reduction in daily dosage.

 

What exactly are your meds? (list all not just BP meds as some others can reduce BO as a side effect)

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

From what (high) blood pressure you started having BP medicines?

Or did you had medicine preventive, due to age maybe?

Did you check regular in the past and how much it dropped down then in first situation?

And how much did it dropped down now again to the 110?

All things to know before going to doctor. You can tell him then.

110 now on your age, I think ok, good. However you said it dropped down since a few weeks.

 

Your measuring device still good? No cracks in plastic connections or tube? Age of device?

As said by Sheryl, (additional new) other medicines? Or you have other food? 

If you go to doctor, take your device with you, so you could do a check on measuring. Is your device still good?

You can see then if there is a difference in measuring. The doctors device SHOULD be up to date and working proper. 

The doctor should be the one to tell you what could be wrong or not. He did a medical study.

However I had to tell my doctor, the headaches I got in time was due to statines.

He didnt made that connection and also not me at first. was taking them for already 3/4 of a year.

He simply stated migraine, probably true, but it was due to statines.

Well all is just a pump/pipesystem, only the controlling is more complicated.

The doc would be the mechanic.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Sheryl said:

110/60 is not extremely low. It is normal range.

 

Whether ior nto to adjust your BOP meds depends on what yo uare takinbg buyt the adjustment would nto be to every other day as these merds do nto have that long an action. More likely a reduction in daily dosage.

 

What exactly are your meds? (list all not just BP meds as some others can reduce BO as a side effect)

I take Losartan 50mg, Kerdica 20 (1/2 tab), Cardeloc 100mg and Allopurinol 300mg (for gout).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, giddyup said:

I take Losartan 50mg, Kerdica (mandipine) 20 (1/2 tab), Cardeloc 100mg and Allopurinol 300mg (for gout).

 

That is 2 BP meds (Losartan and Kerdica) as well as a beta blocker (Cardeloc) which also has the effect of lowering BP.

 

Your Losartan dosage is already low but the Kerdica dosage is at the upper end (range is 10-20 mg) so might perhaps be lowered. Discuss with your doctor.

 

Why are you on the Cardeloc?

 

 

 

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Sheryl said:

 

That is 2 BP meds (Losartan and Kerdica) as well as a beta blocker (Cardeloc) which also has the effect of lowering BP.

 

Your Losartan dosage is already low but the Kerdica dosage is at the upper end (range is 10-20 mg) so might perhaps be lowered. Discuss with your doctor.

 

Why are you on the Cardeloc?

 

 

 

This is what the doctor at Pattaya Bangkok Hospital prescribed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You didn't mention what your original BP was, nor any changes to lifestyle, diet, etc. so it is impossible to understand what happened.

Rather than arbitrarily deciding to reduce medications to every other day, you really need to go see a doctor, either your regular GP, or a cardiologist.

And when you go see your doctor, bring the medications you are taking to verify if the dosages are correct.

 

  • Thumbs Up 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, giddyup said:

This is what the doctor at Pattaya Bangkok Hospital prescribed.

Prescribed for what condition?

 

This is a beta blocker. Use as an anti-hypertensive is obsolete, but it still has uses for heart failure, atrial fibrillation etc. Hence my question. You are on 3 medications all with the effect of lowering BP.

  • Thumbs Up 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Prescribed for what condition?

 

This is a beta blocker. Use as an anti-hypertensive is obsolete, but it still has uses for heart failure, atrial fibrillation etc. Hence my question. You are on 3 medications all with the effect of lowering BP.

AFAIK I have no heart problems and the initial doctor's visit was for high BP which was around 170 at the time. I have had ECG's and treadmill diagnostics and my pulse rate at rest is around 60bpm, so can't give you reason for the Cardeloc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, giddyup said:

AFAIK I have no heart problems and the initial doctor's visit was for high BP which was around 170 at the time. I have had ECG's and treadmill diagnostics and my pulse rate at rest is around 60bpm, so can't give you reason for the Cardeloc.

Forgot to mention I only take half a 100mg Cardeloc per day.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/3/2023 at 12:35 PM, giddyup said:

I've been taking meds for high BP for several years, but for the last few weeks it's been quite low, like 110/60. I haven't noticed any side effects like dizziness, but wondering if I should reduce taking the meds to every second day, and yes, will probaby need to see a doctor again. I'm 81 so don't expect my BP to be the perfect 120/80

Hell no

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Peterphuket said:

At the moment for me it is 124/66, and I use this chart.

Schermafbeelding 2013-06-30 om 11.37.01.png

    Systolic        Diastolic        recommendation        
      <99             < 59         consult your doctor                            
   100 > 119       60 >79     Optimum  self check                            
   120 > 129       80 > 85    Normal self check                            
   130 > 139       85 > 89    Too high consult                                                   your doctor                            
   140 > 159      89 > 99     Seek Medical advice                            
   170 > 179       100 > 109   BP far too high                                          Seek Medical  advice                            

  180 >             110 >       Urgently Seek Medical  advice 

 

These are the figures and recommendations from my Microlife BP tester.                
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

Does anyone know of over the counter Pharmacist tablets and costs one can take for minor High BP!

I was taking Olmetec, 20mg daily and my BP was being maintained around 135/65. However, since starting to drink 30mils of extra virgin olive oil each morning on an empty stomach and 30 mils at night, 30 minutes before bed, I've been able to come off the Olmetec with my GP's ok,  and my BP is now 110/65, resting rate 60bpm.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, TigerandDog said:

I was taking Olmetec, 20mg daily and my BP was being maintained around 135/65. However, since starting to drink 30mils of extra virgin olive oil each morning on an empty stomach and 30 mils at night, 30 minutes before bed, I've been able to come off the Olmetec with my GP's ok,  and my BP is now 110/65, resting rate 60bpm.

 

 

Hows the turds whist on the oil ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/3/2023 at 12:35 PM, giddyup said:

I've been taking meds for high BP for several years, but for the last few weeks it's been quite low, like 110/60. I haven't noticed any side effects like dizziness, but wondering if I should reduce taking the meds to every second day, and yes, will probaby need to see a doctor again. I'm 81 so don't expect my BP to be the perfect 120/80

who told you this is low?  In my opinion, your bp is brilliant.  

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...