Prikpot Website Down - Has the Thai government just let the shoe drop?

connda

I've noticed that the Prikpot website is down with this message.  Not sure if this is due to any recent government changes in the licensing and sale of cannabis?
I wonder if this is the bleeding edge of new regulations about to take affect as they state they are down for "Administrative Purposes."
Anyone hear anything in the grape-vine?

Screenshotfrom2023-12-0312-38-00.png.a7b7deaadc86829db719333257335ad3.png

4 hours ago, LOWERCASEGUY said:

I can't speak for PrikPot but online ordering has been illegal for over a year.  Many shops keep taking online orders but I have noticed more and more have shuttered their online sales or moved everything over to a less visible platforms like LINE or Telegram. 

Yep. Stock up though cos one way or another it will be ,made more tricky to buy.

Edited by V8M8
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Don't think the proposed new law will take effect.I may be wrong but I see a U-turn coming

The country is saturated in weed,business is thriving and it can be purchased anywhere,from numerous physical shops throughout the kingdom to online shops by the tons,Facebook marketplace,WhatsApp,line,telegram need I go on?A mega money spinner,something I find hard to see the govt relinquishing.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

28 minutes ago, phitsanulokjohn said:

Don't think the proposed new law will take effect.I may be wrong but I see a U-turn coming

The country is saturated in weed,business is thriving and it can be purchased anywhere,from numerous physical shops throughout the kingdom to online shops by the tons,Facebook marketplace,WhatsApp,line,telegram need I go on?A mega money spinner,something I find hard to see the govt relinquishing.

extend alcohol opening hours and visas yet shut down weed  ? 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

Weed aside, I'll never understand why online ordering of booze is illegal here. It's not like people are going to drink any less just because they have to physically go get the bottle - it's just less convenient and achieves nothing. But the Thai alcohol Karens can pretend they've done something...

I was told it is because of the prohibited hours law (2pm to 5pm) and they cannot stop orders being placed, or delivereies being made, in those times.  Yeh - makes no sense - but that is why I thought it is probably right.

I still see some other online shops taking orders so maybe its just a one-off thing for PrikPot. We just go cleaned out of our last bags yesterday from our best customer taking all our remaining high-grade. Could be in prep for new years or some paranoia about a possible clampdown. Our upcoming harvest we have high hopes for way higher prices then today otherwise will likely be growing only on a seasonal basis like we are in right now. Prices are still way way too low to make this work, even for outdoor after costs. 

No, I spoke to them in fact I ordered on their new website yesterday. Eventually you might have to have membership and show passport to buy online. Walk in shops just can’t smoke on premises you have to take it home and smoke it only. 

Edited by JimboB4
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, JimboB4 said:

No, I spoke to them in fact I ordered on their new website yesterday. Eventually you might have to have membership and show passport to buy online. Walk in shops just can’t smoke on premises you have to take it home and smoke it only. 

In other words you might have to be registered on their website and show passport but not yet. 

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, JimboB4 said:

Other than that there will be no other changes. It 

• Confused 2

10 minutes ago, JimboB4 said:

But yes the website was down due to government changes however I was still able to order after messaging them and getting access to their new website. Only changes are no smoking inside the shop, and may have to show passport when ordering online probably later next year. And might have to register on their website. Website actually is available now and you can order but you might have to email them or ask them on Line first, the changes I named above may go into effect next year, and that’s the worst of it, so not bad overall. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/3/2023 at 12:43 PM, connda said:

I've noticed that the Prikpot website is down with this message.  Not sure if this is due to any recent government changes in the licensing and sale of cannabis?
I wonder if this is the bleeding edge of new regulations about to take affect as they state they are down for "Administrative Purposes."

See my other posts for more information but I spoke to Prikpot just less than two days ago and even ordered from them actually a few days ago in fact received the package today. Yes website is down because of government changes but changes are not going to be that bad, nothing to worry about. Eventually we might have to register on their website and show passport and no smoking on the premises inside indoor shops. Other than that no change. So nothing that will stop of age people from buying it. 

When I emailed him he gave me the link for the working website. 

Edited by JimboB4
  • Thumbs Up 1

And no smoking inside indoor shops, in fact I noticed that they have already started implementing that rule. Lately whenever I go no one is smoking and no one is hi. 

12 hours ago, phitsanulokjohn said:

No u turn coming. That’s obvious at this point. 

15 hours ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

Weed aside, I'll never understand why online ordering of booze is illegal here. It's not like people are going to drink any less just because they have to physically go get the bottle - it's just less convenient and achieves nothing. But the Thai alcohol Karens can pretend they've done something...

Is it illegal? I've signed up to but actually not used a couple of sites that appear to take online orders. Anyway Thailand's booze laws are almost akin to prohibition if they were actually enforced across the board. So the big supermarkets enforce as do 7/11s, but round the corner you can get beer and Thai whisky from the small places. Unfortunately such places don't sell wine as the average Thai doesn't drink wine, by wine I mean the genuine stuff not the fruit "wines" and coolers, my booze of choice, even though heavily taxed here as it's all imported.

• Thumbs Up 1

Looks like the website is back up, re-jiggered to be more in line with potential medical-only legal requirements and Know Your Customer rules, in the future. Also, using Broccoli instead of bud, which for some reason is a trend.

Pending legislation, see long article on BP 3 Dec, seems very confusing right now, DTAM/MoPH hope to pass something by "mid-year" 2024.

• Like 1

BTW here’s the website link that I ordered from yesterday. Try it now especially the nay sayers :) 

https://prikpot.com/?cmp_bypass=customer-accesss

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/3/2023 at 7:38 PM, LOWERCASEGUY said:

I can't speak for PrikPot but online ordering has been illegal for over a year.  Many shops keep taking online orders but I have noticed more and more have shuttered their online sales or moved everything over to a less visible platforms like LINE or Telegram. 

Again not true. :) check it out it’s only government regulations to verify age over 20 that’s it. Here’s the correct website. ;) 

https://prikpot.com/?cmp_bypass=customer-accesss