American warship, multiple commercial vessels come under attack in Red Sea

CharlieH

8 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Ever heard of sarcasm?

Let Danderman speak for himself. And if he meant Yemen, then I got news for both of you.

Israel has never set foot in the country.

Say what you mean and mean what you say applies here.

Edited by Hawaiian
Additional comment.
  • Confused 1

On 12/4/2023 at 8:31 PM, novacova said:

Maybe it’s about time for your country to get a bloody nose. 

If you’re aching for a major conflict, then it will affect everyone including yourself 

His "country" is America... he is one of those who has never done anything but reap the benefits and has turned his hatred loose on his "country" to make up for his failures.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hawaiian said:

Let Danderman speak for himself. And if he meant Yemen, then I got news for both of you.

So the answer is no, sarcasm is a foreign comment to you.
If you want to ask Danderman a question, send him a PM. Questions on the open forum are for everyone to see and respond to.

• Thumbs Up 1

Destroying Houthi missile launch sites should not entail "bombing thousands of Yemenis to death." 

Taking out command centers, it’s a terrorist organization therefore open season on them. 

2 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

My post was a joke.

I was trying to point out that the Houthis are making unprovoked attacks on Israel.

Sorry, I did not understand it as such.  Credit to you that you see the attacks as unprovoked.  They are firing missiles blindly and indiscriminately at targets about a thousand miles away in sympathy with Hamas.  Both are proxies of Iran, doing the dirty work of their Shia master.  And both groups will eventually be destroyed; the Houthis by the Saudis if the U.S. doesn't do it first and Hamas by the Israelis.

Edited by Hawaiian
Additional comment.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Hawaiian said:

Quote from source :

https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/20210112-israel-adds-yemen-to-its-active-combat-fronts/

The transformation of Yemen into a new arena with Israel means that it will be joining the Iranian “circle of fire” against Israel, especially since the latter has been operating in the Red Sea for years, preventing the smuggling of Iranian weapons and protecting Israeli cargo ships.

Israeli submarines are operating 1,000 kilometres from Tel Aviv, and it is true that they do not sail underwater in the Gulf, but they operate off the Yemeni coast, and they are on alert. This is especially after Iran’s movements in the region, as it may try to attack them from Yemen or Iraq.

It is no longer a secret that the UAE and Israel are planning to establish joint intelligence bases on the island of Socotra, 350 kilometres from the coast of Yemen, to collect information on maritime transport in the Gulf of Aden, the Horn of Africa and Egypt.

• Confused 2

36 minutes ago, Thorgal said:

Quote from source :

https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/20210112-israel-adds-yemen-to-its-active-combat-fronts/

The transformation of Yemen into a new arena with Israel means that it will be joining the Iranian “circle of fire” against Israel, especially since the latter has been operating in the Red Sea for years, preventing the smuggling of Iranian weapons and protecting Israeli cargo ships.

Israeli submarines are operating 1,000 kilometres from Tel Aviv, and it is true that they do not sail underwater in the Gulf, but they operate off the Yemeni coast, and they are on alert. This is especially after Iran’s movements in the region, as it may try to attack them from Yemen or Iraq.

It is no longer a secret that the UAE and Israel are planning to establish joint intelligence bases on the island of Socotra, 350 kilometres from the coast of Yemen, to collect information on maritime transport in the Gulf of Aden, the Horn of Africa and Egypt.

Imagine that. Israel is taking precautions to defend itself against Iranian supported terrorists.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

53 minutes ago, Thorgal said:

Quote from source :

Are you implying Israeli's patrolling the Red Sea is the same as "set(ting) foot in the country"?  Kind of stretching it, like you frequently do.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Are you implying Israeli's patrolling the Red Sea is the same as "set(ting) foot in the country"?  Kind of stretching it, like you frequently do.

Yes. 

Parking your naval forces "only for patrolling" at Pearl Harbor comes to my mind.

The same with the Cuban crisis.

• Confused 3

7 minutes ago, Thorgal said:

Yes. 

Parking your naval forces "only for patrolling" at Pearl Harbor comes to my mind.

That article was three years ago, hows it doing now? Does that Pro Hamas Middle East Monitor update the situation?

3 hours ago, Thorgal said:

Yes. 

Maybe I am having a Biden moment because I am having difficulty understanding your analogy.  As a U.S. Navy veteran from Hawaii I have served on ships homeported both at Pearl Harbor and San Diego.  The navy destroyers I served on were assigned to Formosa Patrol and as a radioman copied messages containing "serious warnings" from "Red China."  We sailed in international waters and I don't recall it considered as setting foot on the Chinese mainland.  Our R&R and replenishment port was the Taiwanese port of Kaoshiung. 

Again, I have difficulty seeing where you are coming from.  Care to explain to this old salt?

Edited by Hawaiian
Correction

3 minutes ago, liddelljohn said:

So long as more religious  Fanatics of all kinds die  who cares   , we are better off without them all  ,religion is the worst thing humans invented ,,, there are enough problems in the world without fantasy bull<deleted>

While it may not be politically correct, and who cares, I totally agree with you.  The saying "Money is the root of all evil," has its equal in "Religion is behind all the problems in the world."

Religions, like many forms of government are created to control the masses.

2 hours ago, Hawaiian said:

Maybe I am having a Biden moment because I am having difficulty understanding your analogy.  As a U.S. Navy veteran from Hawaii I have served on ships homeported both at Pearl Harbor and San Diego.  The navy destroyers I served on were assigned to Formosa Patrol and as a radioman copied messages containing "serious warnings" from "Red China."  We sailed in international waters and I don't recall it considered as setting foot on the Chinese mainland.  Our R&R and replenishment port was the Taiwanese port of Kaoshiung. 

Again, I have difficulty seeing where you are coming from.  Care to explain to this old salt?

There's nothing to understand, he's just doing his usual bit of trolling.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Morch said:

There's nothing to understand, he's just doing his usual bit of trolling.

Thanks.  I made the mistake of taking his post seriously.

I miss the good, old days of Thaivisa when we seldom had to deal with this tripe.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hawaiian said:

Thanks.  I made the mistake of taking his post seriously.

I miss the good, old days of Thaivisa when we seldom had to deal with this tripe.

I joined about the same time as yourself, don't recall there ever being a time where this wasn't so.

But yeah, much more of that nowadays.

18 hours ago, liddelljohn said:

So long as more religious  Fanatics of all kinds die  who cares   , we are better off without them all  ,religion is the worst thing humans invented ,,, there are enough problems in the world without fantasy bull<deleted>

That would include Jewish religious fanatics as well I presume?

23 hours ago, Hawaiian said:

Given so many countries now "disagree" with israel massacres of innocent children and want to hurt it in return, it may become necessary for israel to expand it's navy and areas to patrol.

• Confused 1

On 12/8/2023 at 1:37 PM, Hawaiian said:

A "brilliant" strategy.  One to be expected, judging from your other comments.

If someone is shooting at you would you continue dodging their bullets or would you fire back in an attempt to stop the shooter?

Destroying Houthi missile launch sites should not entail "bombing thousands of Yemenis to death."  More of your hyperbole.

Since you asked, if someone was shooting at me I'd try and shoot them. I wouldn't bomb 7,000 kids to death just because they got in the way. Would you?

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

47 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Since you asked, if someone was shooting at me I'd try and shoot them. I wouldn't bomb 7,000 kids to death just because they got in the way. Would you?

I suggest you find someone else foolish enough to engage in conversation with you.  Go back under your bridge.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

@thaibeachlovers

You are aware that Hamas did more than 'shooting' on 7/10, right? Was it not reported on AJ?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Given so many countries now "disagree" with israel massacres of innocent children and want to hurt it in return, it may become necessary for israel to expand it's navy and areas to patrol.

@thaibeachlovers

Countries 'disagreeing' with Israel does not imply attacks on civilian ships owned by Israelis, in international water.

That may be one your fantasies, though.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Hawaiian said:

I suggest you find someone else foolish enough to engage in conversation with you.  Go back under your bridge.

Excellent riposte old chap, I love the way you have with words. Any proof of the "facts" you posted yet? No- thought so, as so much easier to attack the poster than find proof that doesn't exist.

I won't put you on ignore as I need a bit of humour in my day.

Bye bye for now.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

24 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Excellent riposte old chap, I love the way you have with words. Any proof of the "facts" you posted yet? No- thought so, as so much easier to attack the poster than find proof that doesn't exist.

I won't put you on ignore as I need a bit of humour in my day.

Bye bye for now.

@thaibeachlovers

I wasn't aware you  have the slightest interest in facts. Is this something new?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1