Pattaya police explain alleged bribery in child prostitution case

webfact

No prostitution in Pattaya we have read many times.. No underage girl available either and no corruption... So what is this article about?? Arrest the policeman, get a good registration of passports, so immigration can see that the man was charged are just a few things they can do and a good registration of all sexworkers and the police who do checks.. But that are all dreams

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Here's the real link to the story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/pattaya-police-explain-alleged-bribery-in-child-prostitution-case/

And we all know that if someone has posted bond, there's no way they would get out of the country legally.

I guess it's possible the guy took a van across the border and left from another country, but it's highly doubtful. If I'm not mistaken there are exit stations at the border too and his passport would have been checked.

• Like 1

Pattaya police issued a statement today in an attempt to clarify a German media report, claiming that a German tourist, who was arrested for buying sexual services from an underage girl in Pattaya bar in September last year, was released after allegedly paying a million baht bribe to police before leaving Thailand......

................the RTP said it was actually two million.

16 minutes ago, BestB said:

Do not understand why police are confused and do not know which agency to blame.

Firstly, when he was arrested passport was taken from him by investigating officer. That officer was supposed to hold onto passport till the final judgement in court 

moment he went to court and bail was granted, immigration was notified same day.

his visa status should have had “red notice “ on the computer. 

clearly investigating officer gave the passport back , suspect number 1 and same officer coordinated with someone in immigration to remove red notice.

where to start ? With detaining and questioning investigating officer. 

And now the main problem is that this dangerous individual, not having the red notice on the immigration police's computer, can easily return to Thailand

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Ironmike said:

The police corruption in Thailand is amazing I'm still trying to figure out how a Russian woman in the middle of the night drunk can run down and kill 2 young people riding home on their motor cycle it's all over cctv and now nothing has been done about that either but I bet the boys in Chalong police station pocketed a coupler million for her to walk free and they were probably at the airport waving her goodbye mine while the families of the two dead kids are still waiting for answers explain please officers. 

None of us know what happened to the Russian woman we dont even know if she was drunk for sure, 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

They only need to change one rule in Thailand and that's you dont pay the police anything, they give you a ticket and you pay it at 7/11 or some other company office like they do in other countries this way the police wont be so tempted and police salaries could be raised with the money collected. After all with the so called no prostitutes in pattaya that the police have always claimed, police income would be so low

1 hour ago, Seppius said:

So what happened to the British bar owner and his wife?

I was under the impression they were the managers and the bar was owned by the UK owner of another group? All the fuss seems to be on the German getting away with underaged sex, but not on the providers of it

• Agree 1