Pattaya police explain alleged bribery in child prostitution case

webfact

5 hours ago, BestB said:

Do not understand why police are confused and do not know which agency to blame.

Firstly, when he was arrested passport was taken from him by investigating officer. That officer was supposed to hold onto passport till the final judgement in court 

moment he went to court and bail was granted, immigration was notified same day.

his visa status should have had “red notice “ on the computer. 
clearly investigating officer gave the passport back , suspect number 1 and same officer coordinated with someone in immigration to remove red notice.

where to start ? With detaining and questioning investigating officer. 

Maybe this excerpt from a report in The Thaiger will help to explain it.

Kirch was able to leave Thailand as there were no conditions attached to his bail. In a letter dated November 7 last year, the Pattaya Court permitted Kirch to travel for business reasons,

3 hours ago, JackGats said:

Thai police bashing with some German bashing added here. As usual in such cases, no one questioning pedohysteria.

Exposing underage prostitution would only be considered 'hysteria' by those who try and defend it

Hm,..I remember years ago, In Chiang Mai, I saw a Frenchman beat a Japanese tourist that walked out of Loy Kroh road loaded with bags of stuff he bought in the Night bazar. The Frenchman was high on something and visibly knew Muai Thai  and kept beating the poor Japanese guy who could not defend himself. He just managed to get in a Tuk Tuk while still been beaten and drove away,...I learned the next day that this Japanese man had died of internal bleeding !

I heard that the Frenchman was caught by the police,... and released a couple of days/weeks later,....!?!? Apparently, He flew away without a problem,...

Money Thai Bahts.jpg

5 hours ago, proton said:

They are just the same as the rest of the sex tourists and sex pats, deluded thick as mince knuckle draggers. One even claimed bar girls being scantily clad is OK because even schoolgirls wear short skirts! I bet the German cook with a certain photo of him on the wall with an important person will be made to take that down in his tatty restaurant.

You seem to know a lot about sex tourists and sex pats dont you???

3 hours ago, proton said:

All this is just a side show, the problem of bars in Pattaya offering underaged girls goes unchecked, apart form the odd token raid by the cops. The people behind it are known but cannot be named it seems.

If you want to name and shame people before they have been convicted in Court and before they have had the benefit of representation then you are correct, you won't be naming them on Asean Now.

I will remind you of Forum Rule 7:

You will not post defamatory or libelous comments. Defamation is the issuance of a statement about another person or business which causes that person or business to suffer harm or loss. A statement does not have to be false to be defamatory. Libel is when the defamatory statement is published either as a drawing, picture, painting, motion picture, film, or letters made visible by any means or by broadcasting, dissemination or propagation by any other means. Defamation is both a civil and criminal charge in Thailand and elsewhere in ASEAN.

This is a longstanding rule. We have no tolerance for people using our platform to publish their own defamatory comments.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Shocked farang said:

Prostitution in Pattaya? There must be some misunderstanding, Pattaya is a known family oriented resort and nobody has ever seen such a horrible thing as prostitution there. 

The thread is about underage prostitution.  Try to keep up!

43 minutes ago, blackcab said:

If you want to name and shame people before they have been convicted in Court and before they have had the benefit of representation then you are correct, you won't be naming them on Asean Now.

I will remind you of Forum Rule 7:

You will not post defamatory or libelous comments. Defamation is the issuance of a statement about another person or business which causes that person or business to suffer harm or loss. A statement does not have to be false to be defamatory. Libel is when the defamatory statement is published either as a drawing, picture, painting, motion picture, film, or letters made visible by any means or by broadcasting, dissemination or propagation by any other means. Defamation is both a civil and criminal charge in Thailand and elsewhere in ASEAN.

This is a longstanding rule. We have no tolerance for people using our platform to publish their own defamatory comments.

Not my defamatory allegations, the prostitution business in question was mentioned in the original AJ film, and previously on here in August, maybe it's been removed.

4 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

when you get charged red notice goes to immigration regardless of bail conditions, in addition passport remains in custody of investigating officer .

even if he was allowed to travel for business, he would have required to show it was business to investigating officer to justify getting passport. 

But it is “interesting” that bail did not have travel restrictions 

Noooo. Impossible. Thais are all good people. All smiles. A Thai woman working together with drug sex addicted British man to sell underage sex in Pattaya? No way. It would never happen. Deport all those smelly fat belly foreigners living their last days in the beautiful Kingdom of (cough, cough) Smiles.

10 hours ago, proton said:

Not my defamatory allegations, the prostitution business in question was mentioned in the original AJ film, and previously on here in August, maybe it's been removed.

AGAIN, you have been told that you are wrong. I was the one who posted the AJ link in the first place, after another poster wrote about it seeing it. 
I then posted the link. The next day @Goat reposted it in another thread, but linked to bar to a group that has nothing to do with it. He just wrote “Google the group” as if they were involved. Idiotic. In addition to this, he even got the name of the husband of the Thai woman wrong. He had the good sense to not repeat his folly, but you have been carrying on for months simply because you followed his stupidity. 
Don’t try to say it was in the AJ video, because it wasn’t. The bar named has nothing to do with the group. If you think it has, then post ANY link that you have for that as evidence. 
I’ve told you this MANY times, but it really seems as if one cannot fix stupid. 
If you think that it’s some kind of cover up, the obvious reply to that is that I would not have posted the AJ link in the first place. It’s nothing to do with them. Got it now?

11 hours ago, proton said:

We know the name of the bar involved. So where is your evidence showing that bar is in any way linked to them?

You haven’t got any. So you are defaming someone without any evidence or correct knowledge at all, aren’t you?

The bar involved is not in their group and neither in their format. 
Go online and take a look for yourself. Stop making an idiot of yourself and causing unnecessary problems for the board. 
At least, post an actual link to your spurious claims. It won’t be possible, because there isn’t one. 

11 hours ago, proton said:

They are YOUR defamatory allegations. No one else’s but yours. 
Don’t you wonder that you are the only one asserting this and that no one else, even those who watched the original report, is asserting this? Not even @Goat

17 hours ago, proton said:

I was under the impression they were the managers and the bar was owned by the UK owner of another group? All the fuss seems to be on the German getting away with underaged sex, but not on the providers of it

Who or what gave you that impression?

Really police is innocent...I remember the boyzone scandal in Pattaya South where NGO freed underage boys to be than just released on the next turnaround; or what about the underage sexbar in Naklua operated by a police couple...and there is more and more. The problem is that Thai officials can't face the reality and looking in the other direction 

16 hours ago, bigt3116 said:

Red notices go to the Interpol hq and then disseminated

Again, expert , what does Interpol notice have to do with a red mark on immigration system ?

Wise to understand the system before spreading bar stool knowledge 

21 hours ago, Accidental Tourist said:

Really police is innocent...I remember the boyzone scandal in Pattaya South where NGO freed underage boys to be than just released on the next turnaround; or what about the underage sexbar in Naklua operated by a police couple...and there is more and more. The problem is that Thai officials can't face the reality and looking in the other direction 

As Tim Newton commented and it was very evident, the focus in the 'printed' media was on the negative image this made of Pattaya and Thailand... and no mention of the heinous and vile nature of the underlying crimes. 

On 12/4/2023 at 5:21 PM, Tropicalevo said:

i was right. only usually court notifies immigration automatically as well but it does not cancel the visa, only advises person has been charged

First, the policeman in charge of the case has to inform the Foreign Division of the Royal Thai Police so that the embassies of the suspects are advised accordingly.

Second, the officer must inform the Immigration Bureau of the arrests so that the visas of the suspects are revoked and the suspects are taken into custody by immigration police once bail has been granted.

Surachate said because the officer in charge of the case failed to observe these two regulations, the two suspects were able to escape the charges. Three Pattaya cops face legal action over escape by German, American suspects | The Star

• Like 1

On 12/4/2023 at 8:55 AM, JackGats said:
On 12/4/2023 at 7:56 AM, NanLaew said:

No, because unlike you, we don't stoop to defend what in this instance is so obviously the indefensible.

Indeed, unlike me you prefer to howl with the wolves. It doesn't take a lot of balls to to that.

And you raised the odious apologist concept of "pedohysteria", very ballsy.