Pattaya police explain alleged bribery in child prostitution case

webfact

59 minutes ago, proton said:

I was under the impression they were the managers and the bar was owned by the UK owner of another group? All the fuss seems to be on the German getting away with underaged sex, but not on the providers of it

AGAIN, you are posting this nonsense. Two completely different bars in completely different areas. 

59 minutes ago, proton said:

I was under the impression they were the managers and the bar was owned by the UK owner of another group? All the fuss seems to be on the German getting away with underaged sex, but not on the providers of it

Different aspect of the case. This is about a German who claims he paid a bribe, and has a recording of the 'discussion'.

33 minutes ago, Ironmike said:

The police corruption in Thailand is amazing I'm still trying to figure out how a Russian woman in the middle of the night drunk can run down and kill 2 young people riding home on their motor cycle it's all over cctv and now nothing has been done about that either but I bet the boys in Chalong police station pocketed a coupler million for her to walk free and they were probably at the airport waving her goodbye mine while the families of the two dead kids are still waiting for answers explain please officers. 

Just a little fantasy you made up. Feel better? We have no idea about the Russian woman you've convicted of drunk driving. For all you know, the families of the victims got big payouts.

• Confused 1

53 minutes ago, Tom H said:

German se xpats in Pattaya dont like this movie….

They are just the same as the rest of the sex tourists and sex pats, deluded thick as mince knuckle draggers. One even claimed bar girls being scantily clad is OK because even schoolgirls wear short skirts! I bet the German cook with a certain photo of him on the wall with an important person will be made to take that down in his tatty restaurant.

Edited by proton
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, TheFishman1 said:

And now for the rest of the story, the video is already been blocked but I believe the court got 500,000 and the police got 500,000 happy ending for both the court and the police corruption at its best TIT

Can't beat a happy ending.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, stoner said:

what a completely misleading article and headline. 

and i quote ......

The statement from the police did not specifically address the one million baht which is alleged to have been paid

what a bunch of cowards. 

you beat me to it.... poor and misleading reporting as there is no where in the post mentioning Pattaya police denial about the bribe or mentioning the bribe at all

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Swiss1960 said:

Police caught with pants down.. 

Deutsche Welle (DW) channel will be banned from all network providers 

another nail on the tourism coffin and TAT/Shretta wanting to clean Thai's image  555

56 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Different aspect of the case. This is about a German who claims he paid a bribe, and has a recording of the 'discussion'.

He just made up that angle anyway. He copied it off @Goat who in turn copied my posting of the Al Jazeera article and used it for a Brit-bashing post, replete with his own fabricated errors. @proton is simply repeating those errors. 
Simple is as simple does…

8 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

you beat me to it.... poor and misleading reporting as there is no where in the post mentioning Pattaya police denial about the bribe or mentioning the bribe at all

well who knows what might happen to the reporter if they told the full story, Thailand you just cannot help it, again shooting yourselves in the foot!

1 hour ago, BE88 said:

And now the main problem is that this dangerous individual, not having the red notice on the immigration police's computer, can easily return to Thailand

Actually, in the AJ report (if I remember correctly), action was initiated to extradite the German back to Thailand to face the charges.

Will have to see how that unfolds. But, if he is extradited, I doubt he will be getting a refund on the bribe.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, harrycallahan said:

Germans care? A German judge just let 8 rapists walk after the prolonged gang rape of an intoxicated 15 year old in a Hamburg park. They received the diversity discount. A ninth rapist got 2 years 9 months. 

It was only a year or so ago that the Germans changed the law on rape. Previously the woman/girl had to show signs of injury from resisting the attacker or the case was dismissed. Human traffickers routinely rape their victims in order to break their spirit before putting them to work in brothels. The girls/women rarely fight back because of the threat of injury or death. It's likely that the 9th person was the only one who caused her any injury and the other 8 just lined up behind him.

Edited by RobU
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, JackGats said:

Thai police bashing with some German bashing added here. As usual in such cases, no one questioning pedohysteria.

No, because unlike you, we don't stoop to defend what in this instance is so obviously the indefensible.

• Like 2

Pol Lt-Gen Somprasong Yentuam, commissioner of Region 2 Provincial Police Bureau, said he had ordered an investigation into the bribery allegation made in the documentary.

He said that, since several law enforcement agencies were involved in the case, the police would try to uncover what went wrong and which agency was responsible.

Total low priority:

1) He didn't even make a single vow - normally there are several vows from increasingly higher ranking officials, here: nothing

2) "The police would try to uncover" - normally they would say that they were working very hard, here: we try (a bit, maybe)

3) "which agency was responsible" - normally they would swear by Lord Buddha that the police was blameless, here: whoever picks the short straw...

52 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

No, because unlike you, we don't stoop to defend what in this instance is so obviously the indefensible.

Indeed, unlike me you prefer to howl with the wolves. It doesn't take a lot of balls to to that.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, proton said:

All this is just a side show, the problem of bars in Pattaya offering underaged girls goes unchecked, apart form the odd token raid by the cops. The people behind it are known but cannot be named it seems.

Not true. The problem is your naming the wrong people. You just followed Goat getting it wrong too. 
If you can find ANY link at all to the person you have named, then post that information. 
But you have nothing. Nothing at all, because it’s a completely different bar than @Goat imagined and you just copied his folly without doing even the tiniest bit of research of your own.