Wise digital credit card

6 minutes ago, poppysdad said:

Not embarrassing at all, I simply read that as 28th November so those with small brains and probably other parts too and gigantic ego’s might simply point out what it means rather trying to belittle someone for a change. 

Except that credit and debit cards never show a day of the month for expiry, only the month and year.

As @richard_smith237says, it is a little bit funny.

• Thumbs Up 2

Firstly I do have a sense of humour but I don’t suffer fools either if I’m wrong about something I apologise and get on with things. I’m my dealings with anything dated it has always been day month year (different order in some countries) with 4 digits for the year so 11/28 to me means 28th November. 

• Confused 4
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, poppysdad said:

Firstly I do have a sense of humour but I don’t suffer fools either if I’m wrong about something I apologise and get on with things. I’m my dealings with anything dated it has always been day month year (different order in some countries) with 4 digits for the year so 11/28 to me means 28th November. 

you are american ?

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, poppysdad said:

No…. you don’t have a sense of humour. You’ve completely missed how ridiculous you are being here. 

It might have been different if you’d not ever had a card before, but clearly you have. 
Laugh it off and move on. 
Quite wrong to call members who have put you right; “small brains” etc That’s you 🤗

It is funny, but not in a nasty way. Just banter amongst friends. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

38 minutes ago, poppysdad said:

Firstly I do have a sense of humour

Your responses thus far suggest the polar opposite...  

38 minutes ago, poppysdad said:

but I don’t suffer fools either if I’m wrong about something I apologise and get on with things.

I’m my dealings with anything dated it has always been day month year (different order in some countries) with 4 digits for the year so 11/28 to me means 28th November. 

You're digging that hole.. 

Do the US credit cards use a 4 digit date format for the year ????  (assuming you are from the US because you thought the date was reversed)

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Come on... Its a bit funny isn't it ???...   learn to laugh at yourself instead of 'digging that hole'.... 

Is there any Credit Card in the world that has anything other than a MM/YY expiry date format ???

Don't know about CC cards but my USAA Visa debit card uses MM/DD/YY

1 hour ago, poppysdad said:

But with all this nonsense and tit for tat about dates why hasn't anyone mentioned the OP never had a digital credit card to start as Wise doesn't have credit cards, just debit cards in select countries.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, poppysdad said:

Just delete the post.

Few people will bother to remember you.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, BenStark said:
1 hour ago, lopburi3 said:

Don't know about CC cards but my USAA Visa debit card uses MM/DD/YY

So your US debit card shows the day it will expire, and not just month and year?

Even though I've never seen a card with MM/DD/YY....    He has no reason to lie about it. 

It would be easy enough for him to back that up though....  

With a photo of his card (Name and Primary number redacted of course)... 

Not embarrassing at all, I simply read that as 28th November so those with small brains and probably other parts too and gigantic ego’s might simply point out what it means rather trying to belittle someone for a change. 

Why?  You were trying, but failing miserably, to belittle Wise!  

"...those with small brains..."

Er, QED. 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I’m my dealings with anything dated it has always been day month year (different order in some countries) with 4 digits for the year so 11/28 to me means 28th November. 

The thing is, even in your dealings, there has never been a credit card with that date format.

• Confused 1

A little bit of applied logic might have saved you from public embarrassed.  Deep deep down did you really believe the card had a two day lifespan?  If so, you should never cross a street without consulting a second independent source.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Even though I've never seen a card with MM/DD/YY....    He has no reason to lie about it. 

It would be easy enough for him to back that up though....  

With a photo of his card (Name and Primary number redacted of course)... 

I do not intend to post CC information online.  But my card is exactly as below which is easily found in Google search.

https://colnect.com/en/bank_cards/bank_card/56049-Usaa-USAA-United_States_of_America

image.png.948ca39c6be35554b9c711073ae06718.png

Edited by lopburi3
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

That's not a credit card which is what is being discussed, as per the OP.

He’s not demonstrating a digital one as per the mysterious Wise card, he’s just illustrating the date format. Purely  as an example.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, ArnieP said:
34 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

That's not a credit card which is what is being discussed, as per the OP.

He’s not demonstrating a digital one as per the mysterious Wise card, he’s just illustrating the date format. Purely  as an example.

I know what he was trying to do but he got it wrong with his "example". He showed the date format on that debit card, it is an alleged credit card that is the subject of this thread.