Why Do Men From Scotland Come to Thailand to Find a Girlfriend?

GammaGlobulin

11 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I prefer a smart woman, who is Asian. Almost inevitably in the West, that same brain that gives you that stimulation, also tends to give you so much grief, it is not worth it, on any level. Always a debate, Always a competition. No thanks. I enjoy all of her other qualities, that make my day so delightful and fulfilling. I learned long ago that an intellectual woman, who can match me intellectually, also tends to be a combative woman, and the chance of harmony is low. I for one, love a harmonious house, where my woman is joyful and light hearted, with a great sense of humor, and an amazing attitude toward life, and us. Just my point of view. Whatever works for you, stick with it.

Again, nope. Of course I’ve met some difficult women. But I’ve also met intelligent, attractive, wealthy etc

I could post pictures and video that would put most of the pictures people pull off the Internet to shame. But mine are real people. Someone might record a classical piece on piano for me. Take me to a concert where I’m not paying. Something interesting and stimulating. Not going to happen with your Thai friends. 
They are a compromise. Not of interest to me… at all. 

Edited by NextG
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

They are easier and cheaper and more readily available and not too fussy  about whom they have sex with , its debatable  as to whether that's better or not 

To be fair, it’s the easy, cheaper and readily available ones who fit that description. I don’t want to generalise, like so many here do, about Asian/Western woman. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, NextG said:

Again, nope. Of course I’ve met some difficult women. But I’ve also met intelligent, attractive, wealthy etc

I could post pictures and video that would post most of the pictures people pull off the Internet to shame. But mine are real people. Someone might record a classical piece on piano for me. Take me to a concert where I’m not paying. Something interesting and stimulating. Not going to happen with your Thai friends. 
They are a compromise. Not of interest to me… at all. 

If I had 1000 baht for every poster here that claimed they had women paying for them, I'd be driving the latest 7-series BMW.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I prefer a smart woman, who is Asian. Almost inevitably in the West, that same brain that gives you that stimulation, also tends to give you so much grief, it is not worth it, on any level. Always a debate, Always a competition. No thanks. I enjoy all of her other qualities, that make my day so delightful and fulfilling. I learned long ago that an intellectual woman, who can match me intellectually, also tends to be a combative woman, and the chance of harmony is low. I for one, love a harmonious house, where my woman is joyful and light hearted, with a great sense of humor, and an amazing attitude toward life, and us. Just my point of view. Whatever works for you, stick with it.

I agree with you for when it comes to harmony. It’s also possible to strike that balance with women who are not Asian 😊

The biggest problem I have usually, is jealousy; sometimes to the point of paranoia. I cannot accept that. There has to be trust in a relationship or it won’t work. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

If I had 1000 baht for every poster here that claimed they had women paying for them, I'd be driving the latest 7-series BMW.

What a dull cliché. Does that mean that you will give 1000 baht to everyone who told the truth? I guess not. 
You think because it doesn’t happen to you, that it doesn’t happen. 
In my life, it is absolutely normal. It’s not that I would accept that it happens every time, but sometimes I just allow it to happen. 
You’ve just created an existence wherein it doesn’t happen. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, NextG said:

To be fair, it’s the easy, cheaper and readily available ones who fit that description. I don’t want to generalise, like so many here do, about Asian/Western woman. 

LOL, you just did.

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

LOL, you just did.

LOL… how old are you? 
Show me where I generalised.
In stating that the ‘easy, cheaper and readily available girls” are ‘easy, cheaper and readily available’? 
It’s a truism. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, jvs said:

Time for a poll!

Everyone who thinks NextG is a troll give me a like!

I don’t think anyone here of any standing would think that I’m a Troll. 
That would be somewhat ironic when so many complain about the world being too ‘politically correct’. So why complain when people speak plainly? Saying what they mean and meaning what they say. 
I speak from my perspective and you from yours. That’s how it works. To a lot of people, your penchant for tiny, childlike women would raise eyebrows. That’s just a fact, whether you like it or not. 

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, NextG said:

What a dull cliché. Does that mean that you will give 1000 baht to everyone who told the truth? I guess not. 
You think because it doesn’t happen to you, that it doesn’t happen. 
In my life, it is absolutely normal. It’s not that I would accept that it happens every time, but sometimes I just allow it to happen. 
You’ve just created an existence wherein it doesn’t happen. 

The point I am making is anyone occupying a Pattaya bar stool can claim anything they want, and there is no way of validating what they say from behind a keyboard.

Which is why I am taking your post with a shovelful of salt.

It's absolutely normal for women to pay for you? Mule fritters.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, NextG said:

LOL… how old are you? 
Show me where I generalised.
In stating that the ‘easy, cheaper and readily available girls” are ‘easy, cheaper and readily available’? 
It’s a truism. 

Old enough to know a BS artist.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

The point I am making is anyone occupying a Pattaya bar stool can claim anything they want, and there is no way of validating what they say from behind a keyboard.

Which is why I am taking your post with a shovelful of salt.

It's absolutely normal for women to pay for you? Mule fritters.

I think the previous time that I sat on a Pattaya bar stool may have been in 2006, for a friend’s birthday. He paid for that, for a girl to accompany me to the cinema and for a meal afterwards. A double date. I stayed friends with the girl for many years afterwards. She would visit. No money requested nor given. 
Yes, it’s absolutely normal when you have absolutely normal relationships. 
When you have financially based relationships, money perhaps flows in just one way. I tell the truth. 

Edited by NextG
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, NextG said:

To a lot of people, your penchant for tiny, childlike women would raise eyebrows. That’s just a fact, whether you like it or not

I could understand your point if you were talking about tiny women who are just 18 or 19.

Cos they do look young - not childlike - but still.

But you seem to be talking about all petite Thai women.

Including ones in their mid-late 20s, 30s, and 40s?? Seriously?

The only eyebrows raised would be how they keep their figure at that age.

13 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Surely, the women in Scotland are better.

Therefore, why do some men come all the way to Thailand just to find love?

It must be a purely matter of taste that Scottish women are better than other women...:whistling:

I've been to Scotland – and many other countries – but I found out that I prefers Asian women...:wub:

I presume – as I'm not Scottish – that the reason might be the same as why numerous other men comes to Land-of-Smiles to find love. Some of the common answers I've heard through the years are: In general, the women are more feminine; from young folks that the girls are less demanding about "the perfect boyfriend" than Western girls; from middle-age to elder men that it's easier to find love here than at home, especially a younger partner – might be useful to have one to take good care of an elder man – and a young model is especially needed if you wish to expand your family.

And finally, from a commercial point of view (which might due to legend not apply for Scottish men...:biggrin:): It's easier for some to find a spouse from Thailand than finding one at home, as you can find one that loves you – or something that seems exactly like that – based on being provider for a family.

It might be a combination of above – and a lot of other good points – when men from Scotland and other parts of the World finds a partner from Thailand and other South East Asian countries...:thumbsup:

14 minutes ago, FruitPudding said:

I could understand your point if you were talking about tiny women who are just 18 or 19.

Cos they do look young - not childlike - but still.

But you seem to be talking about all petite Thai women.

Including ones in their mid-late 20s, 30s, and 40s?? Seriously?

The only eyebrows raised would be how they keep their figure at that age.

That’s how you think. Don’t assume that it’s the same from everyone else’s perspective.

Allow me to give you a really obvious example…

In the NDR/AJ/DW video report being mentioned in the news of late, there is a man trundling down Walking Street perhaps, with a tiny woman in tow. Now it’s very likely that she is of age. But how many people watching would rationalise in that way? They see a girl perhaps not even reaching the waist of a man and reach the obvious conclusion. 
It doesn’t matter if she’s in her 20’s. It matters that you picked such a tiny woman. 
40620B2F-CF85-47AA-9723-F4B52184D29B.png.1510cea1fa0a1a440ae1add13c6f7c4e.pngCB5B2C0A-722D-41B4-8F51-B0070EA0B049.png.dbd64dc92986c384dfc35791484e7e00.png

Edited by NextG
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

I'm either terribly shallow, or else driven by instinct. It's probably a little of both.

I enjoyed dating in the US. Some lovely women, and my colleagues on Wall Street (my obvious pool) were doing well enough financially that there was no push for money. They didn't need my money. Relationships went beyond financial need. Admittedly, it's a bit rough and tumble in that world, so successful women had to assume many traits that have been viewed as traditionally masculine. Maybe that is why I pulled up stakes and left.

I took residence in a host of countries where I could do the same work. Japan kept me for many years, and as the internet became more reliable, other countries beckoned. Lovely women in all of these lands, though most not as flush as the women back home. With time, my preference was for women younger than myself (this is where the shallowness comes in, though I do think it's also instinct). I understand that with the passing years, my wallet would likely become more attractive than me, so I have always tried to be discreet and not wear my good fortune on my sleeve. No doubt I'm dead wrong, but I've also always been of the view I should bring the best 'me' into any relationship, which means both emotional and physical. I dress well and hit the gym regularly, so maintain my university build to this day. I try to keep up on a host of topics, too, so that I might have something in common with any woman I meet. I also laugh a lot and love life.

Now living in Thailand, I find the women quite appealing. That 'sanuk' thing puts them over the top. Many are appealing physically, of course, but from time to time I meet one that is much more than a beauty. My shallowness continues to have me leaning toward women who are younger than me (though it might be that instinctual search for fertile women). It seems to work here, a guy a decade or more older than his date is okay. That might make me a loser and keep me out of hi-so Thai society, but that is not something I would seek even if it was wide open to me. I live according to the blueprint I have drawn for myself, and since one gets no bonus points for following societal convention, the only person or thing I will have to answer to on my last day of life is myself. I'm sure my memories will bring a smile on that day.

8 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

I'm either terribly shallow, or else driven by instinct. It's probably a little of both.

I enjoyed dating in the US. Some lovely women, and my colleagues on Wall Street (my obvious pool) were doing well enough financially that there was no push for money. They didn't need my money. Relationships went beyond financial need. Admittedly, it's a bit rough and tumble in that world, so successful women had to assume many traits that have been viewed as traditionally masculine. Maybe that is why I pulled up stakes and left.

I took residence in a host of countries where I could do the same work. Japan kept me for many years, and as the internet became more reliable, other countries beckoned. Lovely women in all of these lands, though most not as flush as the women back home. With time, my preference was for women younger than myself (this is where the shallowness comes in, though I do think it's also instinct). I understand that with the passing years, my wallet would likely become more attractive than me, so I have always tried to be discreet and not wear my good fortune on my sleeve. No doubt I'm dead wrong, but I've also always been of the view I should bring the best 'me' into any relationship, which means both emotional and physical. I dress well and hit the gym regularly, so maintain my university build to this day. I try to keep up on a host of topics, too, so that I might have something in common with any woman I meet. I also laugh a lot and love life.

Now living in Thailand, I find the women quite appealing. That 'sanuk' thing puts them over the top. Many are appealing physically, of course, but from time to time I meet one that is much more than a beauty. My shallowness continues to have me leaning toward women who are younger than me (though it might be that instinctual search for fertile women). It seems to work here, a guy a decade or more older than his date is okay. That might make me a loser and keep me out of hi-so Thai society, but that is not something I would seek even if it was wide open to me. I live according to the blueprint I have drawn for myself, and since one gets no bonus points for following societal convention, the only person or thing I will have to answer to on my last day of life is myself. I'm sure my memories will bring a smile on that day.

A guy a decade older than his date appears  perfectly respectable. It’s not so much about the age, but if you actually have something in common other than sexual attraction(for you) and your money(for her). 
If you actually can create a healthy and happy relationship, the age gap is almost irrelevant. Ten, twenty, thirty years… up to you. 

• Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, NextG said:

I think the previous time that I sat on a Pattaya bar stool may have been in 2006, for a friend’s birthday. He paid for that, for a girl to accompany me to the cinema and for a meal afterwards. A double date. I stayed friends with the girl for many years afterwards. She would visit. No money requested nor given. 
Yes, it’s absolutely normal when you have absolutely normal relationships. 
When you have financially based relationships, money perhaps flows in just one way. I tell the truth. 

What a joke,you do not pay for women but you let a friend pay for your rented woman?

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, NextG said:

Then you are still immature. I tell the truth. Make a note and ask me the same in ten years time. The story will be exactly the same. 

That only establishes you may have a good memory, not whether you are telling the truth.

Unfortunate choice of words when you use the term 'story'.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, jvs said:

What a joke,you do not pay for women but you let a friend pay for your rented woman?

Yes. Because he knew that I would neither enter a bar, nor pay for any company. 
Actually, it was my birthday and I was quite annoyed that he planned to spend it with his Thai friend. It was my upset that prompted him to make the suggestion that we all go out together. So I had to pick a girl. 
The difference is that I didn’t expect to have sex with her. He was willing to pay for that, but I only wanted him to be there for my birthday. The only way was that double date. 
I just tell the truth; no problem. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, NextG said:

A guy a decade older than his date appears  perfectly respectable. It’s not so much about the age, but if you actually have something in common other than sexual attraction(for you) and your money(for her). 
If you actually can create a healthy and happy relationship, the age gap is almost irrelevant. Ten, twenty, thirty years… up to you

So, why are you making a big deal out of height and weight?

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, NextG said:

I don’t think anyone here of any standing would think that I’m a Troll. 
That would be somewhat ironic when so many complain about the world being too ‘politically correct’. So why complain when people speak plainly? Saying what they mean and meaning what they say. 
I speak from my perspective and you from yours. That’s how it works. To a lot of people, your penchant for tiny, childlike women would raise eyebrows. That’s just a fact, whether you like it or not. 

I have never been accused of being pc either,usually i say what i mean and i mean what i say,unlike you.

I do not care for your hidden insults.

In my younger days i would have come look for you so you could tell me to my face.

Now i am much older and would no longer think about doing anything like that.

Which is good ,for some.

How ever i still like small women and i will probably do so for the rest of my life.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

That only establishes you may have a good memory, not whether you are telling the truth.

Unfortunate choice of words when you use the term 'story'.

Why so desperate to disbelieve me?

I don’t care if you believe or not. But I tell to illustrate that there are lives and perspectives beyond your view and your understanding. 

1 minute ago, NextG said:

Yes. Because he knew that I would neither enter a bar, nor pay for any company. 
Actually, it was my birthday and I was quite annoyed that he planned to spend it with his Thai friend. It was my upset that prompted him to make the suggestion that we all go out together. So I had to pick a girl. 
The difference is that I didn’t expect to have sex with her. He was willing to pay for that, but I only wanted him to be there for my birthday. The only way was that double date. 
I just tell the truth; no problem. 

So you are gay?

That explains a lot of things .

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, FruitPudding said:

So, why are you making a big deal out of height and weight?

What does ‘age gap’ and ‘happy and healthy relationship’ have to do with “height and weight”?

Don’t be silly now. Discuss sensibly. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, jvs said:

So you are gay?

That explains a lot of things .

“I had to pick a girl” means that I’m gay?? Are you a moron?

Friend is my peer. Girl was my date. No wonder you couldn’t find a decent woman in your own country… thick as a brick. 

• Like 1