Trump, allies fire back at media warnings of second-term dictatorship

CharlieH

2 hours ago, illisdean said:

Biden didn't "dictate" his way out of Afghanistan so well after 13 service members were blown up. His approvals dropped in the aftermath and have not recovered. America REMEMBERS this disaster and the photo of him checking his wrist watch while coffins were being transferred. He's done and only the daft can't see it. Such a failure, embarrassment on the world stage, wars everywhere, insecure borders creating havoc across the country and the polls show this, reflecting his low approvals.

Can anyone suggest and explain why Biden's poling so low against the likes of Trump?? LOL.

RCPBidenapproval_DEC18.thumb.jpg.1766211d32b53b284ec89f8696b69bf6.jpg

https://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/statistics/data/ronald-reagan-public-approval

Take a look at Ronald Reagan in 1983, the year before the election. His numbers were similar to Biden.

Note that Reagan won a blowout the next year.

reagan_graph.png

23 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Were you forced to get vaccinated? Did someone come to your house and drag you to the clinic?

Your sophism was expected.

I know lots of people, several of them with families, who were given the choice of getting jabbed or losing their job and effectively becoming homeless.

What you describe is active coercion. What I describe is passive coercion. Both are equally deleterious.

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

I know lots of people, several of them with families, who were given the choice of getting jabbed or losing their job and effectively becoming homeless.

What you describe is active coercion. What I describe is passive coercion. Both are equally deleterious.

I guess you are a warrior in the fight to be able to infect others.

17 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

That's because employers were worried about other employees becoming lifeless and their families suing for negligence.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

What relevance has religion to this? Is that your basis for rejecting science?

An organised dogma with appointed authorities who are the sole dispensers of truth, orders to believe the dogma ("trust the science"), ostracisation of anyone challenging it, believers who will steadfastly defend it… it seems to fit the definition of religion to me.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

An organised dogma with appointed authorities who are the sole dispensers of truth, orders to believe the dogma ("trust the science"), ostracisation of anyone challenging it, believers who will steadfastly defend it… it seems to fit the definition of religion to me.

Firstly, BS. Secondly, science does not repress anyone who challenges it, quite the opposite. It just demands more science to do so.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

Of course it is…

I would say the problem is I can't decide what gets injected or not in my body and my son's body.

You can but that state has a right to sanction or even incarcerate you. There's plenty of precedent for it, like almost every other contagious disease known to mankind. Smallpox, cholera, etc.

6 hours ago, illisdean said:

Biden didn't "dictate" his way out of Afghanistan so well after 13 service members were blown up. His approvals dropped in the aftermath and have not recovered. America REMEMBERS this disaster and the photo of him checking his wrist watch while coffins were being transferred. He's done and only the daft can't see it. Such a failure, embarrassment on the world stage, wars everywhere, insecure borders creating havoc across the country and the polls show this, reflecting his low approvals.

Can you think of anyone else who contributed to the mess in Afghanistan?

1 hour ago, rattlesnake said:

Except for the reality that accepted scientific theory can be changed by better data.

On the other hand some people cannot accept better data. Not very scientific of them.

2 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Meanwhile, Trump is paraphrasing Mein Kampf to his followers. This is a scary time, folks.

Relax, when Trump gets back into office in November, all he is going to do is continue the protectionist policies he initiated during his first term (I don't recall any wars being started during 2016-2020, let's drop the reductio ad Hitlerum, shall we?).

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

Relax, when Trump gets back into office in November, all he is going to do is continue the protectionist policies he initiated during his first term (I don't recall any wars being started during 2016-2020, let's drop the reductio ad Hitlerum, shall we?).

Hitler didn't start any wars for the first 6 years or so of his Nazi dictatorship.

When Trump goes around quoting Hitler, he has already violated Godwin's Law.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Hitler didn't start any wars for the first 6 years or so of his Nazi dictatorship.

When Trump goes around quoting Hitler, he has already violated Godwin's Law.

Trump derangement syndrome is reaching new heights.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

Ahh nope we will continue to call out the twice impeached 91 felony counts convicted sex offender draft dodging pow insulting New York City trust fund baby he is what he is

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

He didn't directly challenge Hitler or that he did has no significance? Or you just don't want to talk about it?

I agree with Trump. Immigration policies as they exist are programmed destruction of a nation, I have seen it in my home country of France.

https://www.voanews.com/a/critics-slam-trump-remarks-that-u-s-immigrants-are-poisoning-the-blood-/7403229.html

“They’re poisoning the blood of our country,” Trump told supporters Saturday during a campaign appearance in the eastern state of New Hampshire. He added: “All over the world, they’re coming into our country, from Africa, from Asia, all over the world.”

Now let's look at the Hitler excerpt:

In his best-known book, Mein Kampf, written while in prison for that insurrection attempt, Hitler wrote: “All great cultures of the past perished only because the originally creative race died out from blood poisoning.”

Have you read Mein Kampf? I have. Hitler's political vision had nothing to do with Trump's. You are not doing yourself a favour, in terms of credibility, by using two words to make such a grossly erroneous association.

• Confused 2

7 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

I agree with Trump. Immigration policies as they exist are programmed destruction of a nation, I have seen it in my home country of France.

https://www.voanews.com/a/critics-slam-trump-remarks-that-u-s-immigrants-are-poisoning-the-blood-/7403229.html

“They’re poisoning the blood of our country,” Trump told supporters Saturday during a campaign appearance in the eastern state of New Hampshire. He added: “All over the world, they’re coming into our country, from Africa, from Asia, all over the world.”

Now let's look at the Hitler excerpt:

In his best-known book, Mein Kampf, written while in prison for that insurrection attempt, Hitler wrote: “All great cultures of the past perished only because the originally creative race died out from blood poisoning.”

Have you read Mein Kampf? I have. Hitler's political vision had nothing to do with Trump's. You are not doing yourself a favour, in terms of credibility, by using two words to make such a grossly erroneous association.

Do you actually think before you post?

You are making the case that Trump is echoing Hitler *and* you are saying that Hitler and Trump were right.

It happens that I agree that illegal immigration is a bad thing. The way to stop it is to investigate the large work sites and farms where the illegals work. But Trump, having hired illegals, would never do that. Trump is part of the problem,  not the solution.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Do you actually think before you post?

You are making the case that Trump is echoing Hitler *and* you are saying that Hitler and Trump were right.

It happens that I agree that illegal immigration is a bad thing. The way to stop it is to investigate the large work sites and farms where the illegals work. But Trump, having hired illegals, would never do that. Trump is part of the problem,  not the solution.

Please quote the part where you claim I say Hitler was right.

• Confused 1