TM 30 How long to file ?

I think the requirement may be within 24 hours, that's certainly the target for hotels.

IMO, just get it done as soon as you can after your arrival.

And maybe ask your landlord to register on the new online system - it's much easier and faster than the 'old' system - and file a report on you after you arrive.

https://tm30.immigration.go.th/tm30/#/external/security/register/reg-web

Just now, IvorBiggun2 said:

You are well within your rights to tell them to stick it.

Sure, and they consider themselves to be well within their rights to refuse your extension for no TM30 filed.

If no TM30 filed it *SHOULD* be that Imm asks for your Landlords name and address and enforces the law itself as part of the RTP whose job is to enforce Immigration laws rather than push the problem back onto you.

• Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, mokwit said:

Sure, and they consider themselves to be well within their rights to refuse your extension for no TM30 filed.

They can consider whatever they want and they are NOT within their rights to refuse your extension. You've complied with the law so...................

Edited by IvorBiggun2

4 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

They can consider whatever they want and they are NOT within their rights to refuse your extension. 

But they do. So you can get a TM30 filed, or leave/go onto overstay. The FACT is that they are making it your problem. I would have thought it was their job not ours to enforce TM30 filing.

Edited by mokwit
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, mokwit said:

But they do. So you can get a TM30 filed, or leave/go onto overstay

I once renewed my passport at immigration. They wanted 500 Baht to do so. I told them the service was free. Did I get kicked out?????

4 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

I once renewed my passport at immigration. They wanted 500 Baht to do so. I told them the service was free. Did I get kicked out?????

Tyhe requirement for a TM30 to be filed is enshrined within the Immigration act, the payment of a Bt500 fee for passport renewal is not. the two are not the same. pushing back against a request for tea money and against a requirement of the law as stipulated are not the same.

So when they ask you for a TM30 you will just tell them they are NOT within their rights to refuse your extension and everything will be fine. Good luck.

Edited by mokwit
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, CMBob said:

Typically you'll need a photocopy of the owner's chanote and ID card...plus a photo copy of your passport photo page, permission to stay (exempt stamp, tourist visa, or extension), and entry stamp.

Or a copy of your Lease thereby allowing the renter to apply for TM30 as "Possessor" of the property.

1 minute ago, Pattaya57 said:

Or a copy of your Lease thereby allowing the renter to apply for TM30 as "Possessor" of the property.

I think it depends on imm office WRT to acceptability of this. Have heard some will accept, some won't accept or accept with further proof (utility bills in your name required has been reported for CW)

Just now, mokwit said:

Ok, so when they ask you for a TM30 you will just tell them they are NOT within their rights to refuse your extension and everything will be fine. Good luck.

Two years ago after being here 16 years I did my annual marriage extension with my wife at my side. I'd never submitted a TM30 in all   the years I'd been here. No probs getting my extension but they got my missus in a conversation. She took her purse out and gave them 400 Baht. No receipt. It was only at that time that I found out she was responsible to do the TM30.

Just now, IvorBiggun2 said:

Two years ago after being here 16 years I did my annual marriage extension with my wife at my side. I'd never submitted a TM30 in all   the years I'd been here. No probs getting my extension but they got my missus in a conversation. She took her purse out and gave them 400 Baht. No receipt. It was only at that time that I found out she was responsible to do the TM30.

Great, your IMM office has flexi terms. not all do. I would guess not CW.

5 minutes ago, mokwit said:

Great, your IMM office has flexi terms. not all do. I would guess not CW.

No they're not on 'flexi terms'. It's a case of when going to your IO you grow a pair before entering the building. Buriram IO is the office I use.

Edited by IvorBiggun2

6 minutes ago, mokwit said:

I think it depends on imm office WRT to acceptability of this. Have heard some will accept, some won't accept or accept with further proof (utility bills in your name required has been reported for CW)

That's interesting as elec bill would normally stay in owners name. No-one is changing over elec bills for a 1-6 month lease

I know for my Condo the agent does the first TM30 for the new renter and then renter is responsible for any further TM30 needed during rental period. 

Just now, Pattaya57 said:

That's interesting as elec bill would normally stay in owners name. No-one is changing over elec bills for a 1-6 month lease

I know for my Condo the agent does the first TM30 for the new renter and then renter is responsible for any further TM30 needed during rental period. 

I may have misremembered - proof of payment of the bill i.e. receipt.

35 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

It is not your job to file a TM 30.

The fine is not yours to pay. It's your landlords. Why do people post absolute tosh?

OK. That is the theory.

BUT if the person wants an extension or anything else at immigration, they will have to have a TM 30.

Saying 'but it is not my job' will not help.

I had some friends who were taken to the immigration office because they did not have TM 30's. Immigration were threatening to cancel their visas. (Real threat or not, I do not know.)

Friends phoned their landlord who called me and he asked 'what do I do'. I told him and he did their TM 30 before they got to the front of the 'naughty' queue.

Phew! Close.

(Here on Samui, immigration are carrying out random checks looking for tourists with no TM 30 or expired visas.)

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

OK. That is the theory.

BUT if the person wants an extension or anything else at immigration, they will have to have a TM 30.

Saying 'but it is not my job' will not help.

I had some friends who were taken to the immigration office because they did not have TM 30's. Immigration were threatening to cancel their visas. (Real threat or not, I do not know.)

Friends phoned their landlord who called me and he asked 'what do I do'. I told him and he did their TM 30 before they got to the front of the 'naughty' queue.

Phew! Close.

(Here on Samui, immigration are carrying out random checks looking for tourists with no TM 30 or expired visas.)

Should have grown a pair and told them to shove it according to advice on this board

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1