TM 30 How long to file ?

7 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

There is no further TM30's required if the lease hasn't been broken. 

Not correct. If Renter leaves Thailand without a re-entry permit they will need to do another TM30 for their new entry permission

Example, someone rents with single entry Tourist visa, does border hop and comes back on new tourist visa

Edited by Pattaya57

2 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

Not correct. If Renter leaves Thailand without a re-entry permit they will need to do another TM30 for their new entry permission

Example, someone rents with single entry Tourist visa, does border hop and comes back on new tourist visa

Yes because he broke the rules by leaving Thailand. Obviously a new TM 30 is required.

1 minute ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Yes because he broke the rules by leaving Thailand. Obviously a new TM 30 is required.

How has he broken the rules by leaving Thailand? What rules as everyone is allowed to leave Thailand as many times as they like during a lease

• Agree 2

11 minutes ago, dcalaska said:

My Thai lady tried filing TM30 online but it would not work. Monday I went to the Phayao immigration office to file a TM30 for my Thai lady who could not get time off from work to do it herself. I had a ''power of attorney'' and all the necessary paperwork. I arrived at 08:30 am as the doors opened. The officer said'' foreigner cannot file TM30, only a Thai person''. But she took my stack of papers and asked me to have a seat. She would ask her big boss, etc. blah blah. I waited and waited. 10am she called me to the window and said the same thing.  Only Thais can file a TM30, even though she never asked anyone else for help in the office. She handed back all my paperwork and told me to get my Thai lady to come in.

I called my Thai Lady at work and she said she would leave work early to make the long drive to Phayao immigration. She walked in ,said NOTHING, handed the stack of paperwork over and walked out with a TM30 receipt in less than 2 minutes.

Truely immigration does not make anything easy for foreigners. Each year it seems to get harder and harder to comply with regulations.

What a pathetic waste of time for her. She must be a saint to not freak out on those idiots. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

28 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

How has he broken the rules by leaving Thailand? What rules as everyone is allowed to leave Thailand as many times as they like during a lease

If you leave Thailand and re-enter later then you need a new TM 30 in your passport. All is explained  https://propertyscout.co.th/en/guides/tm30-all-there-is-to-know-landlord/

12 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

If you leave Thailand and re-enter later then you need a new TM 30 in your passport. 

Going in circles. You said you never need another TM30 if you don't break a rental lease. I gave an example of when you would need to do another TM30 and now you're telling me what I already told you lol

1 hour ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

I once renewed my passport at immigration. They wanted 500 Baht to do so. I told them the service was free. Did I get kicked out?????

Just curious Ivor, which country's passport can you renew at immigration? I have always had to go to my home country's embassy in BKK to apply for a new passport. 

Also while I am here, does anyone know about filing a TM30 if you own your own condo? 

Cheers V8M8.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, V8M8 said:

Also while I am here, does anyone know about filing a TM30 if you own your own condo? 

Cheers V8M8.

Yes, go to your local IO and submit the following:

-TM30 application Form

- copy of passport ID page

- copy of current entry stamp

- copy of your Condo Chanote

On TM30 you fill out your details twice, once as the owner and then as the lodger.

• Thanks 2

12 hours ago, teecee said:

How long do you have to file a TM30 , I rent a house and my landlord refuses to do this for me, I arrive on a Friday, which would not give me enough time to complete the task that day , thank you 

Officially 24 hours.

12 hours ago, teecee said:

How long do you have to file a TM30 , I rent a house and my landlord refuses to do this for me, I arrive on a Friday, which would not give me enough time to complete the task that day , thank you 

Just tell them u arrived that day or the day before. My landlord usually take about 2 weeks to do it but it is dated when he does it or the day before.

6 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

You are well within your rights to tell them to stick it.

It is the Landlord's or Hotels responsibility, unless you own a condo and are staying in it.

Also as you say any fine 'should' be paid by the Landlord/Hotel, but if they don't pay, who gets the problem?

Telling immigration to 'stick' anything is probably not a good idea?

18 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

It is not your job to file a TM 30.

The fine is not yours to pay. It's your landlords. Why do people post absolute tosh?

I am owner of my condo:). So I am the landlord😉The horizon of many people is like a circle with radius zero.

Edited by Tom H

18 hours ago, mokwit said:

You are right, but Immigration have made it our job.

He is not right because it was my job as landlord of my own condo:).

Actually nonsense what he wrote😉 or he just believes what he thinks and insults because he is lonely or whatever issue.

1 hour ago, Tom H said:

He is not right because it was my job as landlord of my own condo:).

We're not discussing those that own their own condo and are therefore their own landlords. We're discussing the majority of those that have landlords and are being railroaded by immigration.

Just because you are your own landlord, for lack of better term, does not mean that landlord ie. YOU, don't need to file a TM30. You do and in fact, it is rather more clear-cut when you own your own condominium that you in fact need to file your own TM30.

Edited by IvorBiggun2