Senate Republicans block funding bill that included aid for Ukraine and Israel

CharlieH

2 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I like the idea of opposing additional funding for Israel they just don't need it they're going to commit genocide let them do it on their own however Ukraine is a different story and so is Taiwan. Standing up to King Vlad and Xi are important steps. 

Taiwan producer of 80% of the world's chips, watch what happens when USA gets it own production up and running. Loyalty, protecting democracy? The denial of funding to Ukraine give you the answer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Tug said:

That’s our republicans doing Putin’s bidding via fealty to trump it’s disgraceful. They are using the guise of funding a wall along the entire border instead of legislating  laws to give the feds the power to in force border security 

Again, I see we agree. I certainly support the needed military and humanitarian assistance. That said, a serious Congressional overhaul of immigration policies is long overdue. Sadly, I am not seeing any serious addressing of the issue that both parties have kicked down the road for decades.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IAMHERE said:

Simple solution; break it into two separate bills.

No simple solution. Separate bills still does not present us with a comprehensive overhaul of US immigration policies and the Republicans will not agree to further aid to Ukraine … they will ride the “taxpayers money going to aid foreigners when further tax cuts are needed for Americans” (without noting the target of any tax cuts circa 2017.

42 minutes ago, kennw said:

So much for the USA reputation and often promoted bastion  of democracy. Why should any Asian country side with the USA for its security now? The door is now wide open for China. And its trade deals.  

Although not limited to Asian countries. We have abandoned democratic reform efforts for a long time.