Israel and Hamas fight house-to-house battles across Gaza

CharlieH

53 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Do you think it over the top?

36 children died in the Oct 7 attack. Around 10,000 children have died in Gaza.

I think it is unbelievable how any rational person can defend Israel's Genocide, or even deny it.

Certainly. 

I also find Islamic extremism over the top, in general, and what Hamas did on October 7th was also over the top.

3 minutes ago, FruitPudding said:

Certainly. 

I also find Islamic extremism over the top, in general, and what Hamas did on October 7th was also over the top.

If one party continues to escalate attrocities there will be none of them left soon.

I imagine there are a lot of very angry Gazans.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

1 minute ago, Neeranam said:

If one party continues to escalate attrocities there will be none of them left soon.

I imagine there are a lot of very angry Gazans.

Hamas sure did escalate things on 7/10.

I know that there are a lot of very angry Israelis.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

16 minutes ago, FruitPudding said:

That's what the Palestinians want. It refers to Israeli genocide.

It seems it's what Netanyhu wants and has been doing for the last few months.

Many Israelis want peace.

Many Palestinians want peace.

The main culprits for breaking peace talks are, IMHO:- 

1- Israeli settlements in the occupied territories

These settlements not only violate international law but also serve as a constant source of tension, eroding trust between parties and impeding meaningful negotiations.

2 - expansion of settlements complicates the prospect of establishing a contiguous Palestinian state, a key component of any viable peace agreement

3- Israeli government policies, including the annexation of disputed territories and the imposition of barriers to Palestinian movement

4- internal divisions in Palestine leadership, conflicting interests, and inconsistency. The Palestinian Authority's insistence on preconditions, such as the halt of Israeli settlements and the recognition of East Jerusalem as the capital of a future Palestinian state.

5- sporadic outbreaks of violence and acts of terrorism perpetrated by extremist factions within Palestinian territories

This has been fueling resentment and perpetuating the cycle of conflict.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 12/7/2023 at 1:52 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

It's getting to the stage that western governments are unable to turn a blind eye to the carnage and have to demand a ceasefire with delivery of aid, despite their desire to support israel, or appear complicit.

The question then is what will they do if israel ignores them, ignores the UN, and carries on?

Sadly, I was wrong on that. Two months on and western governments still support the israeli government's IMO attrocities.

On a more positive note, the protests against the conflict continue to grow around the world, and a court in Holland has banned the export of aircraft parts used to support the bombing of innocent people in Gaza. Hopefully more courts in more western countries will also ban military assistance to israel.

• Sad 2

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

They need to live apart, and the israelis need to get out of land they have no right to be on and allow a Palestinian state.

What do the Palestinians need to do in order for that to be possible?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just imagine minding your own business in Gaza before this war started. Getting on with life, working, buying a plot of land, building a house. Then Hamas the terrorists come along and decide to build a tunnel under it. Before you know it the IDF on their battles across Gaza then discover it and blow it up.

This family did just that, and Hamas built the tunnel under their house to store weapons etc in case Israel invaded.

"Since Hamas’s violent takeover of Gaza in 2007, the bustling and beautiful streets I knew have been dominated by terrorist chaos."

Hamas Built Tunnels Beneath My Family’s Home in Gaza. Now It Lies in Ruin

We lived in my father Imad’s family building and saved money for nearly 18 years until we were able to build our own house in the north of Gaza. The first sign that Hamas was building tunnels underneath our house came in July 2013, while the house was under construction. Our soon-to-be new neighbor, Um Yazid Salha, got in touch with my mother Saadia to ask why my brother Hamza and I always come to the site after midnight. The two-story construction site was surrounded by a wall and two gates.

https://time.com/6693896/hamas-tunnels-gaza-home-ruin/

https://archive.ph/AJryb

• Like 1

Statement & video of the rat in his tunnel

“Hamas leaders, wherever they are hiding, should know they are on borrowed time.”

Watch the full statement by IDF Spokesperson RAdm. Daniel Hagari:

• Thanks 1