Banks refusing to send my money to UK??? FFS

2 hours ago, liddelljohn said:

CITI  shifted by them already and my Citibank account closed  in january this year , It was all done by CITI and UOB automatically  so now I have  no contact point for  CITI   only UOB

My experience is different than yours. I'm still using both the Citibank online website and the Citibank mobile app. All of the branding remains Citibank and the account number is the same, 

Here's a screenshot of part of the notice I received by email from UOB on November 30th:

Screenshot 2023-12-09 at 7.15.25 PM.png

On 12/8/2023 at 6:44 PM, liddelljohn said:
Asked my Thai banks to send about 440,000 baht to UK and they have flatly refused me ,, even though i have proof the money came in from abroad many times ,,,???? Im not well and this is making me furious ,, its to help my daughter ,, any ideas ????

Only last year i sent money to my brother in uk no problems ??

Other than taking it out in cash changing it to £ and carrying it back on a <deleted> plane what the <deleted> am I supposed to do ????

30 years and its getting barmier here ,, thats why i am slowly cutting my ties and assets here back to Europe , only thing I now enjoy in Thailand is my motorcycles and If I can get them and the rest of my stuff back to EU reasonably i would

Check with your bank as they have limits on the amount you can transfer depending on the type of transfer company or service you're using

banks have history of all your deposits... right ?

not over 10 years apparently.... kbank is screwing me royally...

send 200.000 euros to my FCD account in 2009... converted to thb in 2011

got FET for it..

want to buy a condo, went to the bank... local branch could not help, send me to head office in bangkok

sorry, transaction is more than 10 years old, we cannot make a paper for land department your money for a condo came from your home country...

solution ? send it back home (2.5-3% cost in bad exchange rate + fees    x  2 if I want to send it back to thailand...

great service right...

closing kbank after the end of my fixed deposit matured...

PS, in the app of kbank, they say up to 100.000 US dollars, but... they could refuse or even send, charge you the costs, block it, and buy back your USD at buy rate...  so lose again, for nothing...

deemoney... people are blinded by the flat rate, but see how much you actually get

check SELL rate from bank and they charge even more than that...

it is actually many thousands of baht of fees...not the flat rate...

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

14 hours ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

The Central Bank of Thailand limits the amounts sent offshore by bank transfer to  around the equivalent of GBP 10, 000 per day the actual ThB amount being dependent on the retail bank's buying rate at point of transfer.

A year ago my Thai wife txd the maximum amount daily several times using her bank's online App ( now dropped by the bank in favour of a Mobile app useless to old eyes!) We just filled in the online form. No personal contact with the bank.

So that is around 44000 baht which is what the OP wanted to send so maybe he's just over the limit and simply needs to send in two tranches 

23 hours ago, FruitPudding said:

So, your old one expired and they automatically issued a new one without you requesting it?

And a more expensive one with insurance.

That's crazy. How can they do that?

Did they post you the card or something? How did you get the card?

No i went in with stock standard union pay debit. They refused to give the MasterCard/visa which is listed in the website. She quietly upgraded me to siriroj union pay card which is over 800 baht a year from memory. A few papers all in Thai were passed to me to sign.

I realised after the fact that one of those was an amendment paper.

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, john donson said:

banks have history of all your deposits... right ?

not over 10 years apparently.... kbank is screwing me royally...

send 200.000 euros to my FCD account in 2009... converted to thb in 2011

got FET for it..

want to buy a condo, went to the bank... local branch could not help, send me to head office in bangkok

sorry, transaction is more than 10 years old, we cannot make a paper for land department your money for a condo came from your home country...

solution ? send it back home (2.5-3% cost in bad exchange rate + fees    x  2 if I want to send it back to thailand...

great service right...

closing kbank after the end of my fixed deposit matured...

PS, in the app of kbank, they say up to 100.000 US dollars, but... they could refuse or even send, charge you the costs, block it, and buy back your USD at buy rate...  so lose again, for nothing...

deemoney... people are blinded by the flat rate, but see how much you actually get

check SELL rate from bank and they charge even more than that...

it is actually many thousands of baht of fees...not the flat rate...

Using Deemoney  to send 440,000 baht I would lose £328 at UK end   compared to the main banks transfer rates  that is a ripoff for sure , so yes convienient   but expensive

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Etaoin Shrdlu said:

My experience is different than yours. I'm still using both the Citibank online website and the Citibank mobile app. All of the branding remains Citibank and the account number is the same, 

Here's a screenshot of part of the notice I received by email from UOB on November 30th:

Screenshot 2023-12-09 at 7.15.25 PM.png

I totally have no access to Citibank  after they completed my move to UOB ???

On 12/10/2023 at 1:03 PM, liddelljohn said:

Using Deemoney  to send 440,000 baht I would lose £328 at UK end   compared to the main banks transfer rates  that is a ripoff for sure , so yes convienient   but expensive

you almost have to send the same amount at the same time, with deemoney

and with your bank, to see how much the bank is charging you as they will not let you know the costs involved, the exchange rate they apply, other hidden costs...

why in god's name is there no real FLAT rate for things like this, it is a wire or digital transfer

but they still think they have the right to take a percentage of your money ...

I understand if there was a fixed cost

but this is theft like real estate agents that take 3-5% of the whole value of the house, not a flat rate commission which is crazy...  unless you made a ton of profits on the sale..but TIT