Fury grows over Tory visa rules where ‘only the rich’ dare fall in love

CharlieH

1 hour ago, stevenl said:

You're in luck then that I provided the link to show your opinion doesn't correlate with the facts.

No need to thank me, my new years gift to you.

Actually no cigar.

From the link you kindly provided I see that there are 117,000 people waiting for a decision, but no mention of how many have been processed.

There is a 76% rate of success for THE ONES ALREADY PROCESSED, but that does not mean that the same will apply with all 117,000 and more joining the queue with the arrival of every leaky boat.

It's entirely possible that the rate of success could fall significantly lower, and my point of view will be vindicated.

BTW, Britain IMO is not obliged to provide every arrival with an income, accommodation, and health care at Britons expense IN BRITAIN. IMO they are only obligated to keep them safe and from being returned to their own country if at risk by doing so. Sending them all to such as Rwanda IMO fulfills Britain's obligations under international law ( Australia isn't being sanctioned for exactly that solution ), and I support their right to do so. If so doing makes others think better of wasting money on criminal gangs so much better.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Actually no cigar.

From the link you kindly provided I see that there are 117,000 people waiting for a decision, but no mention of how many have been processed.

There is a 76% rate of success for THE ONES ALREADY PROCESSED, but that does not mean that the same will apply with all 117,000 and more joining the queue with the arrival of every leaky boat.

It's entirely possible that the rate of success could fall significantly lower, and my point of view will be vindicated.

BTW, Britain IMO is not obliged to provide every arrival with an income, accommodation, and health care at Britons expense IN BRITAIN. IMO they are only obligated to keep them safe and from being returned to their own country if at risk by doing so. Sending them all to such as Rwanda IMO fulfills Britain's obligations under international law ( Australia isn't being sanctioned for exactly that solution ), and I support their right to do so. If so doing makes others think better of wasting money on criminal gangs so much better.

Actually, the poster said "most ARE fake". He didn't say "most will be found to be fake."

Most definitely a Hamlet moment.

• Agree 1