Blow to Biden as poll shows Trump in lead for 2024 presidential election

CharlieH

10 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Utterly horrendous choices, the American people should be given better alternatives, Biden should quit the campaign and be replaced with someone younger who has a better shot. The Biden/Harris ticket is horrendous, some like Biden, nobody likes Harris and Biden is way too old.

Trump is a terrible choice, he's way too corrupt, a wannabe fascist, and morally bankrupt. Perhaps the days of decent people running for that office in America are long gone, perhaps the nation is long gone. 

You could trace the line of degeneration back to Nixon at least. However the really cancerous rot of the US body politic set in and became firmly rooted with the puerile thug 43 and his backers and henchmen.

A lot of what's happening in the world today is the still reverberating ripples of the. historic 1989 tectonic shifts. And it will continue for at least another 20-50 years.

But the world would be much much better today if 43 hadn't been in place when the US, and by implication the world, actually needed a statesman.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Skeptic7 said:

Just to be clear to all the up-Trumps-ass-idiot brigade ..

Trump is an ignorant, self-absorbed lunatic. Incapable of changing his own drawers, so much as being in charge of anything. SHAME on half the once great USA for being conned by this piece of 💩

Lunatic, how so? 47% of registered voters got Trump in the lead over the demented vegetable and leading on the important issues as per the recent polling. They know something you don't know or do you have some secret intel on Trump?

https://www.wsj.com/politics/elections/trump-takes-2024-lead-as-biden-approval-hits-new-low-wsj-poll-finds-fb4fca0c?mod=hp_lead_pos1

https://s.wsj.net/public/resources/documents/WSJ_Poll_Dec_2023.pdf

WSJ_Q-3417.thumb.jpg.b90999f803d56aaccd67c55a6e0718ee.jpgTrumpvsBiden.jpg.80875ece9200492ce15988a54a2ac171.jpg

Edited by illisdean
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Biden's made a mess of the security along the southern border leading to a new immigration crisis every day for Americans. Child, sex trafficking, fentanyl and other drugs crossing along the insecure border. Voters have noticed this and compare the current disaster to the orderly and secure southern border borders during the Trump era. Majority also view Biden is mentally unsound to serve. 

Bidenscognitivedecline.jpg.732a2e6a62b9444e2737d01adc13e6d5.jpgBideImmigrationfailure.jpg.46c0c96caa5d84325111562ff7c8ddb7.jpg

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, swm59nj said:

If things stand the way they are.  The only alternative is Biden.  Who is not that great.  But better than having Trump.  But if Trump actually ends up running.  I have a feeling he will win.  

I always wonder who the 30% of pollees are who think Biden is great or even "not bad" as you do.  It's rather amazing that it doesn't phase you people at all that he obviously has been funneled millions of dollars from US enemies for him and his family for more than a decade.  Comparing someone who is blatantly receiving bribes should not be on your radar for a candidate at all and comparing him to any other candidate is totally irrelevant.  You can say he hasn't been charged or convicted of anything and you would be right but remiss to ignore that the FBI and DOJ obviously are doing everything they can to keep that from happening while manipulating a two their justice system.  Know this. If anyone else was accused with even the currently known evidence, they would be charged and convicted and jailed.  You, me or anyone else not sitting in the Oval Office.  If your are "ok" with that you have serious serious issues.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I was a supporter of Pete, and thought that he had a real future, until he completely dropped the ball with the airline fiasco. After offering the airlines tens of billions of dollars in relief money during covid, as soon as covid was finished the airlines began gouging the public like never before. Did Pete step up as the head of the Department of Transportation? No he didn't say a peep, he was Silent Pete, he was complicit, and only after people raised a huge fuss did he finally level a couple of very mild criticisms toward the airlines.

He forever lost all credibility during that period. 

There was also his slow response to the East Palestine, Ohio train derailment.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I was a supporter of Pete, and thought that he had a real future, until he completely dropped the ball with the airline fiasco. After offering the airlines tens of billions of dollars in relief money during covid, as soon as covid was finished the airlines began gouging the public like never before. Did Pete step up as the head of the Department of Transportation? No he didn't say a peep, he was Silent Pete, he was complicit, and only after people raised a huge fuss did he finally level a couple of very mild criticisms toward the airlines.

He forever lost all credibility during that period. 

There was also his slow response to the East Palestine, Ohio train derailment.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

If these two old senile goof balls are the only people running for President, the USA is in serious

trouble.  Is there not anyone under 75 years old that could be the next President?

I thought the USA would make a law to retire anyone over 75 years old, and not allow them to run for the Presidency/

Wake up America...

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 12/10/2023 at 6:34 PM, CharlieH said:

Donald Trump has nudged ahead of Joe Biden in national polling for the 2024 presidential election, a survey published on Saturday revealed, a day after the US president branded his predecessor as “despicable” at an event in California.

Biden is beat, he'll fake some disease to pull from the race. 

• Haha 1

On 12/11/2023 at 4:21 PM, WDSmart said:

But, yes, see can agree to disagree if we don't see things the same way. That's alright with me; however, MAGA supporters are on the other side of that line as far as I'm concerned.

I'm not an American, ergo by definition not MAGA. However, the US is the biggest fish in the water, and NZ relies 100% on America to survive without invasion, so it concerns me when I see the direction Biden is taking the country and how HRC would have taken it. When the only alternative to HRC or Harris ( the next but one POTUS if Biden wins ) is Trump, I'm for Trump. I'd rather be for someone else, but if the system doesn't allow for it, one plays the cards one has. Harris or Trump? No contest for me- Trump is the preferred candidate.

• Sad 2

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I'm not an American, ergo by definition not MAGA. However, the US is the biggest fish in the water, and NZ relies 100% on America to survive without invasion, so it concerns me when I see the direction Biden is taking the country and how HRC would have taken it. When the only alternative to HRC or Harris ( the next but one POTUS if Biden wins ) is Trump, I'm for Trump. I'd rather be for someone else, but if the system doesn't allow for it, one plays the cards one has. Harris or Trump? No contest for me- Trump is the preferred candidate.

I am an American and an American from the USA. (I'll explain that if you don't understand it.) And, on this and other forums, I've seen that we agree with each other on most issues, so I'm very surprised to read your comment above.

I don't understand why you think Biden has taken [or Hillary would have taken] the US in some direction that would be [have been] detrimental to New Zealand. What are you talking about? And, after explaining that, tell me why you think a second Trump presidency would be good for New Zealand in any way.

And, if you could, also tell me what it is that you think Biden has done or not done during his presidency that makes you oppose a second term for him. And I invite anyone else on this forum to answer this, also. I just don't understand why so many people think he's done such a bad job. I don't think he's been a great president, but I also don't see where he's done anything so wrong as to have so many people think he's not suitable for a second term.

Thanks...

26 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

I just don't understand why so many people think he's done such a bad job.

They just repeat the right-wing propaganda over and over. The m.o. (from Bannon, and earlier from Goebbels) is to repeat lies so often that people will start to believe them.

Actually, this m.o. seems to currently work rather well for the right-wing.

• Like 2

On 12/11/2023 at 7:39 PM, illisdean said:

Lunatic, how so? 47% of registered voters got Trump in the lead over the demented vegetable and leading on the important issues as per the recent polling. They know something you don't know or do you have some secret intel on Trump?

https://www.wsj.com/politics/elections/trump-takes-2024-lead-as-biden-approval-hits-new-low-wsj-poll-finds-fb4fca0c?mod=hp_lead_pos1

https://s.wsj.net/public/resources/documents/WSJ_Poll_Dec_2023.pdf

WSJ_Q-3417.thumb.jpg.b90999f803d56aaccd67c55a6e0718ee.jpgTrumpvsBiden.jpg.80875ece9200492ce15988a54a2ac171.jpg

One of the most idiotic replies I have ever come across Did you get any schooling whatsoever in your lifetime?

Intellectual deplorables like that explains why it is so easy for Fox to brainwash millions of brain dead Zombies to follow the orange retard on his death march towards the abyss. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

32 minutes ago, candide said:

They just repeat the right-wing propaganda over and over. The m.o. (from Bannon, and earlier from Goebbels) is to repeat lies so often that people will start to believe them.

Actually, this m.o. seems to currently work rather well for the right-wing.

Again, I don't understand. Are you saying that Biden is right-wing? That's not what I see. He's not far left-wing like I am, but leans that way. He's certainly not right-wing. Trump is someone I would definitely call right-wing. 

And Bannon and Goebbels? Surely you must be referring to Trump, not Biden.

But I do agree with your last statement. This kind of neo-fascist approach does seem to work well in rousing up the extreme groups in the Republican (right-wing) Party. 

2 hours ago, WDSmart said:

Again, I don't understand. Are you saying that Biden is right-wing? That's not what I see. He's not far left-wing like I am, but leans that way. He's certainly not right-wing. Trump is someone I would definitely call right-wing. 

And Bannon and Goebbels? Surely you must be referring to Trump, not Biden.

But I do agree with your last statement. This kind of neo-fascist approach does seem to work well in rousing up the extreme groups in the Republican (right-wing) Party. 

I was talking about the right-wing propaganda about Biden and other subjects (ex. Elections have been stolen, etc...). 

I think that when Trump started to claim elections have been stolen, the Republicans have initially been surprised to see how the obvious big lie was accepted by their electorate. Since then, it's "no limit".

14 hours ago, WDSmart said:

I don't understand why you think Biden has taken [or Hillary would have taken] the US in some direction that would be [have been] detrimental to New Zealand. What are you talking about? And, after explaining that, tell me why you think a second Trump presidency would be good for New Zealand in any way.

APEC. Biden and HRC are/ were for it, Trump removed the US from it.

Trump has vowed to remove the US from it again if elected.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/trump-vows-kill-asia-trade-deal-being-pursued-by-biden-if-elected-2023-11-19/

Don't expect a lengthy explanation of why I despise APEC, but that's just one reason. I have more.

He didn't start any wars while POTUS and I would trust him to repeat that in a second term more than I trust Biden not to start a war. Biden has moved 2 carriers to support israel which is a huge indicator that he is willing to start a wider war.

Not starting wars is always a good reason to vote for a politician, especially for the boys that would die in it.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, WDSmart said:

And, if you could, also tell me what it is that you think Biden has done or not done during his presidency that makes you oppose a second term for him.

He didn't sort the southern border, stopped the wall being completed and made it easier for illegals to keep entering. Cancelled the Keystone XL pipeline.

However the BIGGEST reason against him having a second term is that he is IMO unlikely to complete it and if Harris is still VP would by default see her as POTUS. If you don't understand why that would be a bad idea, refer to her abject failure to secure a nomination in the primaries.

• Thanks 1