face masks

kingstonkid

On 12/12/2023 at 10:33 PM, kingstonkid said:

Is it my imagination or are more Thais wearing them these days?

It's not your imagination. It's due to the resurgence of Covid according to the ones I've talked to. In fact, a couple of people expressed surprise that I'm not doing the same.

18 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

There's something I'm missing. Muslim women have worn masks in public for Millennia. According to the anti-vax cult their children should all have distorted upbringings. Are Muslims zombies? Or just the women?

I wouldn't touch that topic with a 10-ft pole. 

14 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I wouldn't touch that topic with a 10-ft pole. 

In the UK it was claimed  (unsurprisingly) that covid  was a "racist virus"     as it disproportionately affected them   So its fair to assume that their masks didn't help much either   The beards don't help when wearing masks,  the men had similar problems

5 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

I give anyone in a face mask a wide berth, they may have TB and are still contagious very prevalent in Thailand. 

Yeah, the shopping malls are havens of TB. I never realized all those girls with alluring eyes were in fact cesspools of disease.

• Confused 1

49 minutes ago, charleskerins said:

I'll go with the CDC    

• Masking is a critical public health tool for preventing spread of COVID-19, and it is important to remember that any mask is better than no mask.
  • To protect yourself and others from COVID-19, CDC continues to recommend that you wear the most protective mask you can that fits well and that you will wear consistently.
  • Masks and respirators are effective at reducing transmission of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, when worn consistently and correctly.
  • Some masks and respirators offer higher levels of protection than others, and some may be harder to tolerate or wear consistently than others. It is most important to wear a well-fitting mask or respirator correctly that is comfortable for you and that provides good protection.

In the link you posted yesterday to the mayo clinic, the CDC advice quoted there was, well a little different

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends wearing masks if you choose to, and in specific places and situations.

In areas that have many people with COVID-19 in the hospital, the CDC recommends wearing a face mask indoors in public.

recommends wearing a mask if you choose to :cheesy:     ok you go with that then

Just now, ozimoron said:

Yeah, the shopping malls are havens of TB. I never realized all those girls with alluring eyes were in fact cesspools of disease.

Trust me it is something you don't want to get, at least 3 weeks in an isolation room and a year of taking bucketful's of meds every day. 

2 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Trust me it is something you don't want to get, at least 3 weeks in an isolation room and a year of taking bucketful's of meds every day. 

I'm quite sure but the prevalence of TB among the population is not connected with the number or individuals wearing masks in any numbers that can make a difference. Your paranoia of mask wearers is contrived and dare I say politically motivated. 

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

Whether a complete stranger or anybody else for that matter wears a mask does not affect me in anyway, Its entirely up to them, I just remain skeptical of how much protection they actually provide.  For the umpteenth time I wore mine as instructed, how does that make me an antimasker?     Is it just because i was not scared enough to berate those who's beliefs were different to mine?

I was not replying to your post. Relax.

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

It is simply inane to see somebody walking outside in an area that's uncrowded with a mask on, it feels like an atmosphere of the zombie apocalypse, and it does create a sense of fear and dread in the population.

It's just not necessary at this point unless it is within a hospital or used for pollution. And I happen to enjoy warm coats in the winter time. 

No, "It is simply inane to watch somebody walking outside in an area.......... "

Too much time on your hands lately?

To be clear, it  creates a sense of fear and dread in you. Please do not take it upon yourself to describe the thoughts of the general Thai population.

You are simply projecting your own concerns onto a population that you are not culturally part of.

You were in such a hurry to publish your own bias against masks that you drafted the rest of the country into your imaginary army.

I like coats in cold weather too, as do most people.

Read my comment again to see that you are jousting at a windmill.

I generally like your comments on these forums, but you've got pooh on your shoes this time.

• Haha 2

On 12/16/2023 at 11:15 AM, Bday Prang said:

So why are they wearing one in the first place ?

Mask wearing is actually used to PREVENT the spread.

Very helpful to stop aerosols from spewing from your mouth and lungs.  

"Will a mask prevent you from spreading the flu if you’re currently ill?"

" The answer here is also yes. In fact, almost any mask will reduce the spread of influenza droplets so if you know you’re sick, it’s a good idea to keep others safer by wearing a mask."

https://www.familiesfightingflu.org/do-surgical-masks-prevent-flu/#:~:text=The answer here is also,safer by wearing a mask.

That's why you shouldn't get your advice from conspiracy theorists, 100% of the time there wrong. 

• Agree 1

On 12/14/2023 at 6:33 AM, hotchilli said:

I see the re-emergence of masks in my area by locals, especially noticeable is all my local 7-11 outlet staff  at 3 different shops are now wearing them.

Every 7Eleven staff member has worn masks at all Pattaya outlets I've visited since 2020 and they never came off. I was wondering if they ever will come off.

4 hours ago, JensenZ said:

Every 7Eleven staff member has worn masks at all Pattaya outlets I've visited since 2020 and they never came off. I was wondering if they ever will come off.

Ours 7-11 masks came off for a few months this year, now back on since November.

• Agree 1