Transgender woman accused of 200,000 baht gold theft in Pattaya

webfact

1 hour ago, positivevibes said:

I am confused. Is this trans a woman or a man, I mean biologically?

You don't need to be chatting anyone up. The thing with a gold necklace is that it's visible from quite a distance, and someone walking towards you just needs to snatch it from your neck, and run, in the bilnk of an eye, it would be gone before you realise what's happened!

Edited by Andrew65
  • Agree 2

However, police were sceptical due to her criminal history, as she was previously arrested for theft in 2020.

And in case you didn't understand it the first time

The lack of trust in Saranpat’s statement is due to her criminal record, as she was arrested for theft in 2020.

More brilliant reporting from our friend at Thaiger.

3 hours ago, webfact said:

image.jpeg

Picture courtesy of KhaoSod

Pattaya police recorded yet another transgender magpie thief case involving some gold and an Indian man in Sin City. This time a 39 year old transgender woman was apprehended at a condominium in Pattaya’s Nong Prue district, following allegations of theft in the middle of the night. The victim, a 40 year old Indian tourist, reported the loss of a gold bracelet worth 200,000 baht.

The incident occurred around 9pm yesterday in a small alley in Pattaya’s Walking Street area. The police, led by Piyapong Ensan, Deputy Director of Pattaya City Police Station, and Thananon Athipansi, a Tourist Police officer, identified Saranpat Bowornkitnusorn from CCTV footage, leading to her arrest.

Saranpat denied the allegations, claiming she had just woken up Kolal Avisake without stealing anything. However, police were sceptical due to her criminal history, as she was previously arrested for theft in 2020. Despite her denial, the police have proceeded with the case, reported KhaoSod.

During the investigation, the police reviewed the CCTV footage and found a person with a feminine appearance committing the theft near a cannabis shop on Walking Street. The police traced the suspect’s escape route and discovered that Saranpat was staying at the mentioned condominium.

by Nattapong Westwood

Picture courtesy of KhaoSod

Full story: The Thaiger 2023-12-13

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

It seems like the Indians never learn to not carry expensive necklaces. How many times has this happened in Pattaya?

If you read the article REAL CLOSE, you might spot it was a bracelet. And the trans person was sharing his bed, woke him up when she left, and that's the end of the story. The rest appears to have just been made up by the Indian. Interesting comments following The Thaiger article where it first appeared, from a southern Asian I guess, about how trannies are often treated in India. The social stigma there would be enough to completely destroy his reputation. Same for euro and yank ex pats I guess. Still get called a faggot etc. Putin might agree.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, keith101 said:

If these idiot Indian tourists want to come here showing off their expensive gold chains etc then they are open to what happens . What they should do is buy very cheap fake stuff and it won't matter what happens if taken

The other catch is this idiot got so drunk that he passed out in the street.  I am sorry but rolling a drunk was an easy way to make money before CCTV

These stories are always a little suspect. Trans people are not the only thieves on the beach. They are also not the only prostitutes to fleece tourists.

Indian men should not be stupid enough to be sporting the bling. They would not do it at home. 

2 hours ago, positivevibes said:

I am confused. Is this trans a woman or a man, I mean biologically?

It could be both if a true Hermaphrodite !

{ ie. Having both sets of Genitalia }  !

Depends on how they are classified at birth  !

According to world statistics 0.017 % of the world is Hermaphrodite,

ie 68m people in Thailand equates to 11,365 Hermaphrodites !

4 hours ago, keith101 said:

If these idiot Indian tourists want to come here showing off their expensive gold chains etc then they are open to what happens . What they should do is buy very cheap fake stuff and it won't matter what happens if taken

Well, in India, they also have hijras.

So unless they don't have similar problems with them, Indians should be aware of it.