Varicose vein treatment

sexyman

The first approach is to wear compression stockings and always elevate your legs when seated.

If that is nto enough or they are severe (or the cosmetic aspect bithgers you) then treatment options include sclerotherapy,  laser/RF or (severe cases only) ligation and stripping.

See this prior threads:

https://aseannow.com/topic/1272828-varicose-veins-traetment/

https://aseannow.com/topic/1278959-varicose-vein-treatement-hospitaldoctor/

I had my varicose veins stripped in the UK many years ago. I will try and and remember.

Pre op, shave your crown jewels. Local anesthetic, they make incision (cut) both groins (this is where they strip the veins through) Painless operation, bandaged from foot to groin, stay in hospital 3 days? Will not let you out until you can walk (with stick). F------g painful, can take week(S) for pain to go completely, may need physio on legs. Where surgical stockings for a while. Hope that helps

• Like 1

I had treatement for varicose veins many years ago at Bangkok Nursing Home hospital  Epidural and stripping the veins in one leg (the worst one). It was successful and only mild pain afterwards. The operation was carried out by a surgeon from Chula hospital moonlighting at BNH. Can't remember his name but he was very professional.

12 hours ago, Expat68 said:

I had my varicose veins stripped in the UK many years ago. I will try and and remember.

Pre op, shave your crown jewels. Local anesthetic, they make incision (cut) both groins (this is where they strip the veins through) Painless operation, bandaged from foot to groin, stay in hospital 3 days? Will not let you out until you can walk (with stick). F------g painful, can take week(S) for pain to go completely, may need physio on legs. Where surgical stockings for a while. Hope that helps

GEEZUS

• Haha 1

I had DVT (Deep Vein Thrombosis) in the left leg 2 years ago. Thailand is not the place to be if you have tree trunk legs like me. I was driving a lot and getting very cramped up.

It was still a shock to me. I was already then registered at BKK hospital in Chiang Mai. As always, I think I was expertly and kindly diagnosed and treated. The doctor explained everything clearly and at length to me. I was completely reassured by what he told me. He operated first on the right leg using a laser and a local anaesthetic. It was quite a long operation but completely painless. I went home the same day I think.

The operation on my left leg needed a general anaesthetic and an overnight stay. Only two very small scars from the operations remain visible.

Touch wood, since then I have had no problem and a few months later flew to and fro to Switzerland, although for the first time in my life I flew Business rather than Economy in order to get the enhanced legroom. A wise decision, despite the expense.

I was advised to wear stockings every day if possible. I have not been good about this. The hospital advised me to have a proper size fitting at the really excellent Fascino pharmacy (on corner by the traffic lights very close to McCormick hospital). I thoroughly recommend Fascino for products and service. There is a smaller Fascino, I think, near the university.

I have very big feet (size 47-48 here) so Fascino advised JOBST brand Medical Compression Socks 20-30 mmHg (made in the USA-about 3000 baht for the pair)

I've been having BHP prostate problems so I stopped wearing the stockings, fancying (wrongly, I suppose) that it might be making the urgency problem worse. I shall go back to wearing them next week. They are comfortable and I forget I'm wearing them. I'm also bad at elevating my feet. I still drive too much, out of necessity, and I still fall asleep in the chair watching the TV with the soles of my feet rooted to the floor.

I must stop these really stupid habits!

• Like 1