US House votes to authorise Biden impeachment inquiry

CharlieH

49 minutes ago, BenStark said:

Not sure what you try to prove with your graph, because January 2019 there was no covid and Trump was president, and during covid the price came down because Biden emptied the strategic reserves

My graph shows that gas prices increased pre-covid under Trump, as I wrote.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, candide said:

My graph shows that gas prices increased pre-covid under Trump, as I wrote.

Really, why not show the whole picture, from when Biden started as VP in 2008 till current, with Trump in between?

So strange that prices always come down nearing election time under liberals

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/GASREGW

image.png.1cc28559805e7f3b8b3af0a7840ef1d5.png

Edited by BenStark
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, BenStark said:

Really, why not show the whole picture, from when Biden started as VP in 2008 till current, with Trump in between?

So strange that prices always come down nearing election time under liberals

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/GASREGW

I did not show the whole picture because I replied to a claim that Trumpndecreasedvoil prices.

So it didn't decrease during Trumps mandate pre-Covid, did it? And only decreased when the pandemic started, right? The only decrease was due to the pandemic.

I don't attribute any blame to Trump for this increase pre-Covid, as everyone knows that oil prices are global and U.S prices are correlated with global prices, as in any other country. Global prices vary according to the state of global demand and global supply.

As to the peaks and lows, there is no need to resort to ridiculous conspiracy theories to explain them

- 2008/2009 low, there was an economic crisis, as during the Covid pandemic. Low demand

- 2016 low, that was the outcome of Obama's strategy to increase the U.S. energy independence, in particular with an increase of shale oil production. Increased supply (price increased after that because OPEP decided to restrict production and exports, thus reducing global supply)

- 2020 low. Covid crisis. Low demand. It also induced a production and investment decrease from oil companies, so prices started to go up,

- 2022 peak. End of the pandemic, restart of economic activity worldwide, creating a strong increase in demand, combined with global value chain issues and the effect of the war by Russia.

- 2023 decrease: GDP growth has slowed worlwide, thus reducing demand, and production has been increased worldwide since mid 2022.

- Some episodes of selling parts of the U.S. strategic reserve also had a short-term impact on prices

Edited by candide
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, candide said:

So it didn't decrease during Trumps mandate pre-Covid, did it? And only decreased when the pandemic started, right?

In the last 12 years the price has never been as high as under the liberals. During Trump it has never been as high as under Obama and Biden

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BenStark said:

In the last 12 years the price has never been as high as under the liberals. During Trump it has never been as high as under Obama and Biden

I was replying to a claim that Trump decreased oil prices. He did not decrease oil prices

And please don't truncate my post because what I wrote after that matters. Next time I report you.

Claiming to explain global oil prices only by U.S. domestic factors is meaningless And ridiculous.

Edited by candide
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, candide said:

And please don't truncate my post because what I wrote after that matters. Next time I report you.

Go for it man. See I did it again.

I don't do anything against forum rules, I only quote the part I reply to, without taking your post out of context.

All within forum rules.

Please report me NOW

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

12 minutes ago, BenStark said:
15 minutes ago, candide said:

So it didn't decrease during Trumps mandate pre-Covid, did it? And only decreased when the pandemic started, right?

And the wokeness has so much gotten the overhand of you that you don't even get your claims correct.

Oil prices DECREASED under Trump, and INCREASED when Biden entered office

1 hour ago, BenStark said:

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, BenStark said:

And the wokeness has so much gotten the overhand of you that you don't even get your claims correct.

18 minutes ago, BenStark said:

23 January 2017 $2,32, 27 January 2020 (before the pandemic started outside China) $2.57. No decrease. The decrease started with the pandemic.

And Obama did succeed to decrease global oil prices by increasing shale oil production (well, that's how experts explain it). 

As to the explanations about why the global oil prices increased and decreased, I provided some explanations in the part of my post you truncated. Feel free to reply to each explanation in an informed manner rather than evoking a simplistic and meaningless explanation.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BenStark said:

Not sure what you try to prove with your graph, because January 2019 there was no covid and Trump was president, and during covid the price came down because Biden emptied the strategic reserves

it seems you can't read a chart. 

Did you notice the increase in gas prices during the Trump administration?

• Confused 1

27 minutes ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

This is typical of your left wing democrap... only show the part of the graph that they want... the rest of the graph shows exactly what I stated to be true but he has hidden it from first view knowing that half of his audience won't bother to look at the whole thing.

Not at all! (Unless you believe that the pandemic did not cause the strong price decrease in 2020)

23 January 2017 $2,32, 27 January 2020 (before the pandemic started outside China) $2.57. No decrease. The decrease started with the pandemic.

Edited by candide
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, candide said:

Not at all! (Unless you believe that the pandemic did not cause the strong price decrease in 2020)

23 January 2017 $2,32, 27 January 2020 (before the pandemic started outside China) $2.57. No decrease. The decrease started with the pandemic.

Riddle me this...

If one of your campaign promises was to end fossil fuels, wouldn't low priced gasoline be sign of a failure?

And touting low prices at the pump would be like that guy getting run out of town  picking up a baton and pretending he's leading a parade.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, impulse said:

Riddle me this...

If one of your campaign promises was to end fossil fuels, wouldn't low priced gasoline be sign of a failure?

And touting low prices at the pump would be like that guy getting run out of town  picking up a baton and pretending he's leading a parade.

Do you have a link showing Biden promising to end fossil fuels during his time in office?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Do you have a link showing Biden promising to end fossil fuels during his time in office?

It's the just the right wing inclination to look for hidden meaning in everything. Goes all the way back to 666.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, impulse said:

Riddle me this...

As far as I know, he didn't promise to "end" fossil fuel!

However, more alternative energy and more energy saving=>less demand for fossil fuel=>lower fossil fuel price.

So low price for fossil fuel would be a sign of success of significantly reducing consumption of fossil fuel.

On middle/long term, it is true that if fossil fuel price becomes very cheap, there will less incentive for adopting green energies. 

Having said that, it takes time to develop and implement alternative energy sources, so on short term the concern is more about global oil prices, which is not a domestic issue.

Edited by candide
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

At the highest level since July 2021... hahaha... but still not as high as before sleepy joe took office... 

Only in the MAGA fairy tales...

Consumer confidence in December 2020: 88.6

December 2023: 106.7

And even pre-Covid!, the index was lower under Trump! December 2019: 102 😃

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, candide said:

As far as I know, he didn't promise to "end" fossil fuel!

However, more alternative energy and more energy saving=>less demand for fossil fuel=>lower fossil fuel price.

So low price for fossil fuel would be a sign of success of significantly reducing consumption of fossil fuel.

On middle/long term, it is true that if fossil fuel price becomes very cheap, there will less incentive for adopting green energies. 

Having said that, it takes time to develop and implement alternative energy sources, so on short term the concern is more about global oil prices, which is not a domestic issue.

https://apnews.com/united-states-presidential-election-9dfb1e4c381043bab6fd0fa6dece3974

• Confused 2
  • Love It 1

37 minutes ago, impulse said:

So no promise to end fossil fuel any time soon.

From your link

"The activist, 24-year-old Rebecca Beaulieu, later said she appreciated that Biden took her question seriously, but that he was not satisfied with Biden’s plan to eliminate net carbon emissions by 2050."

• Thanks 1

On 1/19/2024 at 4:37 PM, BenStark said:

putin's invasion of Ukraine just maybe impacted oil prices?

Oh, and when Covid hit the world kind of slowed down and didn't do as much driving, so the decline isn't because trump did anything positive.

By the way, there are some 9000 oil leases in the US currently approved and allowing drilling and exploitation. Comapnies are choosing not to drill. That is not Biden's fault.

On 12/14/2023 at 12:21 AM, illisdean said:

Impeachment inquiry is formalized by the house vote earlier today and now the microscope will go up the Biden crime families orifices, especially now that House impeachment Inquiry will likely use former FBI forensic accountants to audit the Biden family bank account records, and trace the money trail through the labyrinth of shells, cut-outs and pass-throughs -- including foreign tax havens and overseas accounts. Biden and his crime family are in for a world of hurt I suspect strongly. There may even be an official impeachment proceeding with potential of increased  democratic support as more evidence is revealed. Biden needs to really suck up to Hunter now to keep Hunter from making a deal, testifying, destroying his dad criminally all to save his worthless crack head self. Bad day to be a Biden, so many have received payments and now will be yanked up to the House by way of formal congressional subpoenas, we're talking money laundering, tax evasion, corruption, FARA, they'll need good lawyers and a daddy to pardon them all.

Jim and Sarah Biden have an interesting history.

https://www.realclearinvestigations.com/articles/2023/12/11/who_is_sara_biden_joes_in-law_emerges_as_central_figure_in_foreign_cash_deals_996942.html

Were you on drugs when you wrote this? 

Nothing is coming out of this inquiry.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

One more testimony contradicting the Committee's tale:

“He never heard mention of President Biden with respect to any of the transactions pursued by Hudson West III and is unaware of any involvement President Biden may have had with his son’s business pursuits,” Dayananda added.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/biden-family-business-associate-had-165658350.html

• Like 1
  • Agree 1