US House votes to authorise Biden impeachment inquiry

CharlieH

5 minutes ago, sirineou said:

The US political system is doomed and by extension so is the US

China will wipe the floor with us. Why?  

You can not have one half of the country subotazing  the other half and hope to  survive. 

This is what happens when a political system is compromised and corrupt by inherent lobbyists and special interests.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, novacova said:

This is what happens when a political system is compromised and corrupt by inherent lobbyists and special interests.

I have to agree,

The most important and time consuming function an elected politician has is to raise enough  money and be re-elected. 

IMO term limits is the only solution, but good luck having the foxes keep themselves out of the chicken coop. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, sirineou said:

The US political system is doomed and by extension so is the US

China will wipe the floor with us. Why?  

You can not have one half of the country subotazing  the other half and hope to  survive. 

Well let's face it, the Dems have been going after Trump for years so they shouldn't be too surprised when something comes back in their direction.

But I'd agree, such partisan politics ultimately does the US no favours. 

13 hours ago, illisdean said:

Impeachment inquiry is formalized by the house vote earlier today and now the microscope will go up the Biden crime families orifices, especially now that House impeachment Inquiry will likely use former FBI forensic accountants to audit the Biden family bank account records, and trace the money trail through the labyrinth of shells, cut-outs and pass-throughs -- including foreign tax havens and overseas accounts. Biden and his crime family are in for a world of hurt I suspect strongly. There may even be an official impeachment proceeding with potential of increased  democratic support as more evidence is revealed. Biden needs to really suck up to Hunter now to keep Hunter from making a deal, testifying, destroying his dad criminally all to save his worthless crack head self. Bad day to be a Biden, so many have received payments and now will be yanked up to the House by way of formal congressional subpoenas, we're talking money laundering, tax evasion, corruption, FARA, they'll need good lawyers and a daddy to pardon them all.

Jim and Sarah Biden have an interesting history.

https://www.realclearinvestigations.com/articles/2023/12/11/who_is_sara_biden_joes_in-law_emerges_as_central_figure_in_foreign_cash_deals_996942.html

Can you tell me the difference between what you allege about Biden's business practices (without any evidence) and Comer's actual shell company schemes?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Hawaiian said:

In Biden's case, it's like an Obama's third term, albeit a four year interlude.  The only thing missing are the speeches by the "great orator."

Given I know little Obama related, and less than little about his presidency, I'll have to take your word on that.

However, I did find it fascinating that so many ignored his 50% white ethnicity ( his mother was conspicuously absent from any news item I saw ) and that some of the people of Kenya apparently thought he was going to help them because his father was a Kenyan, despite his absence from his son's life after 3 years of age ( Wikipedia tells me he met Barack once at age 10 )