US House votes to authorise Biden impeachment inquiry

CharlieH

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

You really don't remember Trump withholding Javelin missiles from Ukraine unless they announced an investigation of Biden? Geez, your memory is bad, Trump got impeached over that one.

You mean the missiles President Obama refused to supply to Ukraine altogether per his open mic agreement with Putin for help with his reelection? 

Yeah, I think we all remember that. 

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Hawaiian said:

Thank you for pointing out the hypocrisy.  I have often commented to my friends why Obama never, or very rarely, mentions his white heritage.  This seems to be a common trait among many biracial activists promoting a race based agenda. They pick and chose whichever blood quantum serves their purpose.

I see this every day in Hawaii.  People with a fraction of Hawaiian blood claiming to be a Native Hawaiian fighting for their rights.  There are over 800 separate programs exclusively benefiting the Native Hawaiian community and they claim they are under served or being treated unfairly.

I am of mixed heritage and am proud of every drop of DNA I have.

It pleases me that my children have the same attitude.

Thaibeachlovers, when I poke fun of your nationality, it is all in jest.

Thank you for pointing that out.

Does Obama have his beachfront property anywhere near you?

4 hours ago, illisdean said:

Whats amazing is that there is no evidence of insurrection by the President. Was Trump ever charged with insurrection? Maybe in your mind there is, so show some proof of Trump "inciting a violent insurrection", and why has he not been charged and when will he be charged for this?

I think you need to remember Trump used the term "peacefully" in his comment on J6 and fact conveniently overlooked by many, are you one too that chooses to forget or ignore that? 

Jamie Raskin is a big a liar and fabricator as Adam Schiff. 

I will have what he drinking it’s obviously powerful stuff ……….wow……….

• Like 2

On 12/14/2023 at 4:35 PM, Hawaiian said:

Term limits are supposedly to prevent the establishment of a dynasty.

In Biden's case, it's like an Obama's third term, albeit a four year interlude.  The only thing missing are the speeches by the "great orator."

As far as I know the president is limited to two terms.  

On 12/14/2023 at 4:16 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

Were not all the investigations of Trump fishing expeditions too? None of them caught the big fish.

They cough enough fish for trump to be in a thick legal stew, or keeping with the theme should I say  bouillabaisse :laugh:

• Confused 1

On 12/14/2023 at 4:14 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

What you and the poster you quoted reference are part of the reason enough Americans hate Washington enough to elect someone like Trump.

If Washington wasn't so bad, Trump would never have got past the primaries.

I have to agree, “A drowning man will clutch at straws.”

I am in the States right now for Christmas, and if it was not for my daughter I would never come to the US If it wasn't for her ,or if I had to.

The place is a <deleted> show if you ask me . I don't miss anything other than the food, 

12 hours ago, sirineou said:

I have to agree, “A drowning man will clutch at straws.”

I am in the States right now for Christmas, and if it was not for my daughter I would never come to the US If it wasn't for her ,or if I had to.

The place is a <deleted> show if you ask me . I don't miss anything other than the food, 

At least you can escape back to a better place. You are a lucky guy and I envy you.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

At least you can escape back to a better place. You are a lucky guy and I envy you.

Not sure if it is a better place. 

Certainly in some things it is . But in many others are not'

My daughter got a speeding ticket on I 95  driving north through Georgia. It was $200 (7,000 bht)!!!

You remember the Sala I build in my "meanwhile back at the farm" thread? No way would I bee able to build this in the US, I would need professionally drown , and engineer stamped Plans , to submit for building permit. Then inspection before I pour the foundation and before I painted the steek, It would have cost me more for the plans and permit in the US, than it cost me to build the whole thing  in Thailand.   etc etc.

Overall I am happier in Thailand and would be happy when I am back. IMO the positives in Thailand vastly outweigh the  negatives

Having said all that, it is nice to see my daughter and friend, and I would need to go on a diet when I get back to lose all the weight I gained from all this great farang food. :laugh:

Tomorrow we are going to Woodys for a rack of baby-back ribs, with a side order of baked beans , county vegetables, and fries. 

On 12/18/2023 at 5:46 PM, sirineou said:

Not sure if it is a better place. 

Certainly in some things it is . But in many others are not'

My daughter got a speeding ticket on I 95  driving north through Georgia. It was $200 (7,000 bht)!!!

You remember the Sala I build in my "meanwhile back at the farm" thread? No way would I bee able to build this in the US, I would need professionally drown , and engineer stamped Plans , to submit for building permit. Then inspection before I pour the foundation and before I painted the steek, It would have cost me more for the plans and permit in the US, than it cost me to build the whole thing  in Thailand.   etc etc.

Overall I am happier in Thailand and would be happy when I am back. IMO the positives in Thailand vastly outweigh the  negatives

Having said all that, it is nice to see my daughter and friend, and I would need to go on a diet when I get back to lose all the weight I gained from all this great farang food. :laugh:

Tomorrow we are going to Woodys for a rack of baby-back ribs, with a side order of baked beans , county vegetables, and fries. 

You misunderstand. The better place is Thailand and you can escape from the US to live there

No way I'll ever consider the US as a better place.

• Love It 1

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You misunderstand. The better place is Thailand and you can escape from the US to live there

No way I'll ever consider the US as a better place.

As much as I bash the USA, it is a much better place than TH ... BUT ... it will cost you.  And TBH, not really a value for $$$ thought.  But if you have the funds.  USA is better.  IMHO

If wanting to stay, I would have had to buy 5-10 more house to rent out, to keep up with the cost of living there.  To live surfside & travel around the country a few months a year, is not cheap in the USA.

A bargain here/TH :coffee1:

• Agree 1