US House votes to authorise Biden impeachment inquiry

CharlieH

On 12/17/2023 at 8:29 AM, Danderman123 said:

All other impeachment inquiries state what offenses are suspected to have committed, and then investigate them.

This one starts out with nothing.

Classic Banana Republic stuff.

Kind of like this:

"Hey, TBL, the police have opened up an inquiry about you"

You: "What are they investigating?"

"They don't know, but they are hoping to find something".

Almost every police interview is a fishing expedition, which is why you should never talk to them.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

34 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Almost every police interview is a fishing expedition, which is why you should never talk to them.

Yep, informal inquiries are like that.

But official police investigations have a predicate, some illegal act to be investigated.

Whereas the Biden inquiry has nothing. Zero.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You misunderstand. The better place is Thailand and you can escape from the US to live there

No way I'll ever consider the US as a better place.

Sorry

I forgot that at the time you are not in Thailand. My bad :smile:

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, KhunLA said:

As much as I bash the USA, it is a much better place than TH ... BUT ... it will cost you.  And TBH, not really a value for $$$ thought.  But if you have the funds.  USA is better.  IMHO

If wanting to stay, I would have had to buy 5-10 more house to rent out, to keep up with the cost of living there.  To live surfside & travel around the country a few months a year, is not cheap in the USA.

A bargain here/TH :coffee1:

For a moment I thought the reply was from sirineou, so I was somewhat puzzled by the reply.

I confess that I have never resided in the US, though I passed through it when a toddler, so I am unqualified to pass judgement on it personally, but going by the comments from other posters I think I'm safe to say I have no reason to go there.

Otherwise, I have visited and lived in many countries, and other than Antarctica ( I know it's not a country, but definitely the best place in the world to live in ) the only country I really want to live in is Thailand. I've praised that fortunate country enough on this forum not to need to repeat the reasons.

However, this is way off topic, so I'll leave it at that.

7 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Yep, informal inquiries are like that.

But official police investigations have a predicate, some illegal act to be investigated.

Whereas the Biden inquiry has nothing. Zero.

LOL. IMO no politician has nothing that would see him/ her in trouble if exposed. They are just very good at hiding the bad stuff.

• Confused 1

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, candide said:

Now even Comer de facto admits it was just a smear campaign against Biden...

Comer insists his job was ‘never to impeach’ as GOP doubts grow about Biden impeachment vote

https://www.yahoo.com/news/comer-insists-job-never-impeach-160025134.html

In both parties, there are always people who are "worried" or "concerned" or "troubled" and they are the ones who talk to the press.

Comer will continue his inquiry into nothing until November 2024.

Do you remember any Benghazi inquiries after the 2016 election?

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

The Trump fluffers who think this impeachment inquiry is going to result in impeachment are going to be disappointed.

Just like you waited forever for Trump's health plan.

Or for Mexico to pay for the Wall.

Suckers.

Or the "BUILD BACK BETTER" crowd who can't afford groceries anymore... "SUCKERS"

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Under Biden, wages are up, manufacturing is up, inflation is down, and infrastructure is being built.

I would suggest that you are misinformed.

I would suggest that you have not been paying attention... typical democrap thinking is that things are great because there has been some improvement from what they were... the problem with your logic is that things may be improving but they are no where near where they were before democrap policy (bidenomics) took them from a healthy robust position to a nearly fatal disaster... name one commodity that has risen only 3.1% (the touted inflation rate) since joe has been in office... 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, illisdean said:

here are reasons (a plethora of reasons) why Biden polls so low on all key metrics and why his job approvals are about as popular as a turd in the punch bowl.

Wake up and give your head a shake and honestly admit Trump makes Biden look like the imbecile he truly is, because Biden is truly an imbecile. Stop lying about your affinity for the more corrupt and inept and useless president in US history. Read the polls and enjoy them, in terms of MAGA domination.

Bidenomics is a flop/failure  (any American voters KNOW that Trump destroys everything Biden including on the economy)

Overdraft fees could drop to as low as $3 under new Biden proposal

Trump never did anything to help people, except for billionaires.

You are going to be stuck later in the year, when all you have are lies to support your Orange Jesus.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, illisdean said:

What infrastructure would you be referring to? The 500,000 EV charging stations?

Yeah, WOW Look at those improvements in airports, high-speed Internet, clean water and reliable transit and rail! Does anyone have a clue what they are? Joe also spent $7.5 billion to build one electric vehicle charging station. There was an economic recovery? In what country?  Americans can’t afford groceries or gas, new cars, new homes, or pretty much anything else, but Joe “cracked down on junk fees?”

Did you know we have an American Climate Corps? Do they create one or what? Do they have uniforms? Do you care?

Where are all the $7.5b in EV charging station?

SEJ Report on EV Charging stns

I know where they are, they're all in Ohio, all one (1) of them.

Biden has you fooled into believing there iis no inflation, there isn't, unless you buy groceries, cars, pay rent, go shopping, buy a house, etc...

There are many reasons why Biden polls so poorly and economy is ground zero amongst voters concerns and they perceive Biden's economic performance as inferior to Trumps great economic achievements. The polls show this and if you don't believe it, try reading the polls continually showing Trump besting Biden on ALL metrics, except maybe abortion.

Here's a map showing infrastructure projects all over the US

Biden's infrastructure law has begun 40,000 projects.

Since you clearly can't do your own research, perhaps you should give up making ridiculous claims here.

The point of this forum is to inform one another. We don't need jokers who just invent lies to post here.

What's your motivation for lying here, especially when your lies are easily disproven?

Edited by Danderman123
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

I would suggest that you have not been paying attention... typical democrap thinking is that things are great because there has been some improvement from what they were... the problem with your logic is that things may be improving but they are no where near where they were before democrap policy (bidenomics) took them from a healthy robust position to a nearly fatal disaster... name one commodity that has risen only 3.1% (the touted inflation rate) since joe has been in office... 

Tell me about a commodity that didn't raise in price during the Trump administration (not counting Covid).

14 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Tell me about a commodity that didn't raise in price during the Trump administration (not counting Covid).

Let's just take the COLA during both, so far:

Trump: 

image.png.dd782b82e00df93b0297644a4df93099.png

Biden:

image.png.5de504f25f3f0b60f21c28c837f4b5c2.png

THANK YOU

image.png.c2e391785fa837b2c56d25f45792db68.png

Edited by KhunLA
  • Thanks 1

On 12/16/2023 at 9:57 PM, placeholder said:

In fact Trump was so disturbed by the invasion of the Capitol that he sat before the TV as though transfixed according to those present in the White House. So disturbed was he that he refused to call in the National Guard, even though, before the Capitol was invaded, the protestors called for lynching Mike Pence, who was in the Capitol. And Trump showed on consciousness of guilt by lying afterwards and claiming that he hadn't watched the invasion of the Capitol.

Links required - as you so often remind us.

9 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Let's just take the COLA during both, so far:

Trump: 

image.png.dd782b82e00df93b0297644a4df93099.png

Biden:

image.png.5de504f25f3f0b60f21c28c837f4b5c2.png

THANK YOU

image.png.c2e391785fa837b2c56d25f45792db68.png

I guess you don't understand that the 2021 COLA increase was due to the economy collapsing in 2020 under Trump.

Since Trump screwed up the economy so badly, it took time for Biden to get it under control.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, candide said:

Gasoline price came down during Covid pandemic, because of low demand.

Pre-Covid, gasoline price significantly increased under Trump ( except a short episode in January 2019).

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/GASREGW

Screenshot_20240119-081948.png.b57f7b0dc9de65a9e68186c64817c36f.png

Not sure what you try to prove with your graph, because January 2019 there was no covid and Trump was president, and during covid the price came down because Biden emptied the strategic reserves

• Thanks 1