Ideas for a gift

arjayel

Hi all, new member here.

I'd be grateful for any advice for a suitable gift for a Thai lady with 2 daughters (age 13 and 16). I was thinking about some kind of experience, spa day type thing that they can all do together. Any ideas and advice welcomed, thank you

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

It seems to me that the best solution for you would be something made with your own hands. This will show your desire to spend your time with these people.

Spa day sounds great, most women I know would absolutely love this as a gift. If you want to do more, maybe some trinkets or a couple of books for the kids? They're young enough not to scoff at books as gifts, just look for something appropriate for their age or pick something from your personal collection.

Posted (edited)
On 12/16/2023 at 3:35 PM, arjayel said:

Girlfriend. She's very close with her children so just looking for ideas for things they can enjoy together. Anything fun, relaxing, enjoyable would be good, they all work hard.

A normal massage saloon will do, and then take them ta a fresh sea food restaurant, thats all they need. Luxurious spas is waste of money for most average Thais, and they more happy to get normal thai massage at any (edit note decent) massage saloon. 

Edited by Hummin
  • Like 1

A spa day sounds like an amazing idea, especially for some quality bonding time. Last year, I gifted a spa package to a friend, and she absolutely loved it. She came back so refreshed and had a great time. 
Another idea could be something a bit more personal. For example, I recently went for customised gifts for couple for a friend and her partner, and they really appreciated it. You could also get a customized experience package, like a special spa day tailored to their preferences. It adds a personal touch and makes it even more special.

2 hours ago, PoorSucker said:

Handbag.

I agree that some women love them. But it seems there are so many details about which brand and model and whatever that it seems to be very easy to select the wrong bag.

If you really want to do that, go with her to a shop and let her select - and bring a lot of money. 

45 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I agree that some women love them. But it seems there are so many details about which brand and model and whatever that it seems to be very easy to select the wrong bag.

If you really want to do that, go with her to a shop and let her select - and bring a lot of money. 

H&M has nice stuff, but I'm from Sweden. 😆