Visa Exempt

Good day, would like to enter Thailand via Bangkok airport on visa exempt on 29 January 2024. I left Thailand on 22 October 2023. Stayed in Thailand since May 2021 until I left in October. Stayed visa exempt, extension, covid extension and education visa. Do you think I will have issues entering in January, 3 months after leaving?

Maybe.

Depends on the airport you choose, and the IO officers mood that day.

All you can do is make sure you have 20k baht or currency equivalent (cash)
A flight out within the visa timeframe.
A hotel booking would look good.

A tourist visa may help your case also.

If they do deny you,  they pretty much always use the 'insufficent funds' reason, but its in Thai - dont sign anything to agree with this, and show them the cash, calmy making it clear you understand their methods of denial.

I am in a similar situation as OP. Stayed several years in Thailand on Tourist visa, Visa exempt and covid extensions. No ED visa or volunteer though.

I have been in my home country (Denmark) since June 2023 and will arrive at Phuket Airport January 14, so I have been out of Thailand almost 7 months. I will stay in Thailand for 8 days only (14-22 january) and I have a return ticket back to Denmark.

Do you think I will have any issues entering?

48 minutes ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

Or just getting the proper visas as you travel... ever thought along those lines???

Ridiculous post.

The guy will have been out of Thailand for 7 months when he next visits and is looking to stay for 8 days.

His alternative would be SETV.

OP have an accommodation booking to show (even if you don't intend to use it) 

Obviously have your onward flight to present and cash on you. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Ridiculous post.

The guy will have been out of Thailand for 7 months when he next visits and is looking to stay for 8 days.

His alternative would be SETV.

OP have an accommodation booking to show (even if you don't intend to use it) 

Obviously have your onward flight to present and cash on you. 

He is the one who has screwed up his visa situation... if he had complied with the regulations in the past he would have no problem entering visa exempt for 8 days... past actions have today's consequences.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

Or just getting the proper visas as you travel... ever thought along those lines???

What visa would that be when people with a tourist visa still get denied?

Why apply for a visa when you do not need one?

Btw the only times I have ever been grilled by Immigration at  BKK airport was when I was a Thailand Elite member.

• Sad 1

I know this might sound silly but try to scope out the most relaxed looking IO in the booth at the airport. But yeah, you should get a SETV at least to even attempt an entry. If you are 100 % sure you want to come back so soon, prepare yourself with all the required documents as stated in this thread, and also bring something that shows income from abroad, especially since they dont want you working here illegally.