Lisa Blackpink Visits 'Jae Fai' Michelin-Starred Street Food Restaurant

webfact

image.jpeg

BANGKOK, Dec 18 (TNA) – Thai-born K-pop singer Lalisa “Lisa” Manoban dined at “Jai Fai” Thai street food restaurant, which has clinched the Michelin star for the seventh consecutive year.

The atmosphere captured in the images shows Lisa Blackpink, engaging in conversation with Jae Fai, the chef and owner of the restaurant.

At the front of the restaurant, a group of fans eagerly awaited to welcome and greet the famous idol.

The Instagram account chef.cares shared the clip, revealing the moment when Lisa and her mother, along with the team and executives from the Korean-style instant noodle brand Nongshim (Shin Ramyun), enjoyed a meal at Jae Fai’s restaurant. Additionally, the wife and daughter of the chairman of Samsung Korea were also present at the table.

Full story: TNA-MCOT 2023-12-18

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Haha 1

It was a publicity stunt for some noodles that Jay Fai is promoting. Hence Lisa did a song called Money , the national religion of Thailand.

Drop some money, dropping all my money
Drop some money, all this bread so yummy, yeah
Drop some money, dropping all my money
Drop some money, all this bread so yummy, yeah
My money moves, money, I choose
Celine, my shoes, walking on you
My money rules
My money moves, money, I choose
Watch how my Wons and Yens and Dollars be dropping on you, you, you

jayfai.webp

2443896.jpg

I wonder whose expense account paid the bill?

She went in mob handed to the “Jai Fai” Thai street food restaurant, which has clinched the Michelin star for the seventh consecutive year.

It would not have been cheap, nor would it have been normal Thai street food.

• Confused 2

11 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Imagine you are famous and just want to eat something. But anywhere you go are hordes of people watching you all the time.

It must be horrible - at least that is what I imagine. 

On top of that, anything you eat is turned into the new catchphrase of the government, "softpower".

Come to Thailand and eat Jai-Mai street food because pink girl ate it.  Woohoo! 

7 hours ago, billd766 said:

I wonder whose expense account paid the bill?

She went in mob handed to the “Jai Fai” Thai street food restaurant, which has clinched the Michelin star for the seventh consecutive year.

It would not have been cheap, nor would it have been normal Thai street food.

Jai Fai doesn't do steak french fries, she does crab omelettes for 1200 baht a piece.

This was obviously a promotional stunt paid by Nongshim noodles

• Thumbs Up 2

9 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Ahhh yes Thailands darling starlet that had to go to Korea to make her fame and fortune.

Yep she should be proud of herself. The 7 years of training/working with the Korean Company has made her a lot money, lots of fans and major recognition in many countries. So yes I'd say she is Thailand's darling starlet at the moment, with an MBE.

14 minutes ago, BenStark said:

Jai Fai doesn't do steak french fries, she does crab omelettes for 1200 baht a piece.

This was obviously a promotional stunt paid by Nongshim noodles

1200 baht for an omelette? So a pensioner can eat half per month.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, MrJ2U said:

On top of that, anything you eat is turned into the new catchphrase of the government, "softpower".

Come to Thailand and eat Jai-Mai street food because pink girl ate it.  Woohoo! 

I don't know why they call this lady's food "street food" because it is an actual restaurant according to Wikipedia.

She's the daughter of Chinese immigrants and "opened her restaurant in the 1980s and originally served congee and noodle dishes such as kuaitiao khua kai and rat na, building on her mother's recipes. She then gradually expanded her repertoire"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jay_Fai

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Does anyone really care?

Not really.

But I think it's one of those moments which shows how times have changed.

I guess many restaurants want many customers. Or maybe they want just enough customers to run their business.

Now the old lady cook has to decide if she can have 10 minutes off just to sit and maybe talk with a friend, or if that would upset the 50 people who wait to get a seat.

She could (and probably has already) also employ additional chefs. But then she has to train them, quality control of the work of others, etc. Just more work for herself.

And of course, she won't have many of her regular neighbor customers left who visited her years ago. Nobody wants to wait an hour before you can sit down for lunch. 

It's all nice to make some money, and some more money, but if that ends up in 24/7 stress then at least I wouldn't want it. 

• Thumbs Up 1