Using an Agent to change from Thai Wife visa to Retirement visa

2 hours ago, YangyaiBrit said:

Hi all.

Has anyone used the Thai Visa Agent service in order to obtain a Retirement visa? I have been in contact with a person named 'Grace', and recently informed me that the fee for changing from a Thai Wife visa to a Retirement visa is now Bht. 27,000!  Only a few weeks ago she quoted me a figure of Bht.20,000 !  So, has anyone actually been to the Thai Visa offices in BKK and met this person in the flesh? I'm slightly concerned... I plan on visiting them on 8/Jan/24.

Yes me, they done a retirement extension for me Dec 2022, charged me 14,000 baht.

On 12/20/2023 at 6:26 PM, CartagenaWarlock said:
On 12/19/2023 at 1:11 PM, Neeranam said:

These agents bribe immigration officers. 

They are the middlemen who distribute money from people lucky enough to have access to earn dollars to the unfortunates who don't have the luck to earn dollars.

I like it when people say the Agent-ImmO-no 800k in the bank routine will never change because there's too much money in it.

And just how much of that money do the Revenue folks now get?

2 hours ago, YangyaiBrit said:

Hi all.

Has anyone used the Thai Visa Agent service in order to obtain a Retirement visa? I have been in contact with a person named 'Grace', and recently informed me that the fee for changing from a Thai Wife visa to a Retirement visa is now Bht. 27,000!  Only a few weeks ago she quoted me a figure of Bht.20,000 !  So, has anyone actually been to the Thai Visa offices in BKK and met this person in the flesh? I'm slightly concerned... I plan on visiting them on 8/Jan/24.

For anyone not reading the thread it should be noted that OP has stated he does not qualify financially for retirement visa 800k option.  So it appears this would not just be a change from marriage to retirement unless he can qualify by income method.  As so often is the case missing information can make a world of difference in readers answers and an agents fee.

As for the poster preaching we should not ask questions (obviously we have to ask when full information is not provided) - would point out immigration will be asking such questions (why the change) and will likely require other party to acknowledge this change in status.

Edited by lopburi3

2 hours ago, OJAS said:

So what is your answer to his question, then, eh, Mr Clever Clogs?

Thai Visa is a reputable visa agency. I have used it in the past and so have other members of this forum, I believe. He doesn't have to go all the way to Bangkok, the procedures can be handled through EMS.

As another poster pointed out, the main problem is that the stamp will not be from the immigration office where he is living. Instead, it will come from a provincial office (Thai Visa can inform him which one).

It might also be possible for the OP to find an agent in Pattaya at a lower price. In that case, the stamp will come from Jomtien immigration.

32 minutes ago, jaywalker2 said:

might also be possible for the OP to find an agent in Pattaya at a lower price. In that case, the stamp will come from Jomtien immigration.

More likely to come from Khon Kaen. 

• Sad 1