I'm going to start claiming back some of the money from the fines.

Chris Daley

Just another topic, that has been left after the OP can answer what the fine was for. There is no visa fine that can amount to even 10k baht, more then overstaying 50 days. In that case you would have been shown the door.

Moreover, if you are being fined every month, you will never reach the amount of 10k baht.

Edited by Gottfrid
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

23 hours ago, Chris Daley said:

I recently got a 10,000 baht visa fine and I'm always looking for new ways to claim the money back.

I know a guy who once got a 10,000 baht (cash) fine for being under the influence, which he wasn't, he paid up after being threatened to be put in jail.

I asked him if he was pi$$ed and off, of course and his reply was, I will just put it down to being in the wrong place at the wrong time and he had already let it go.

He said once in 7 years was ok, taking a wrong turn wasn't supposed to happen, but giving into them was better than taking them head on, game over, he won as he said, a fine back in his country was about the same amount for speeding, which he wasn't, but he speeds on many occasions and hasn't been caught, so given them some charity money (tea money) meant that he got to move on, no point in crying over spilt milk, especially when in a country that has had this system for a while, so why challenge it, life's too short.

Wise friend he is.

• Like 1

On 12/20/2023 at 2:48 PM, Chris Daley said:

I recently got a 10,000 baht visa fine and I'm always looking for new ways to claim the money back.  Maybe eat at restaurant and walk away without paying?  Fill up the tank and drive off?  Drop the GPA by 1 of 200+ students.  Steal the toilet paper in public toilets?  Or just littering more.  Anything to even out the balance.

Typical farang teacher attitude :coffee1:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/20/2023 at 2:48 PM, Chris Daley said:

How do you deal with being fined and scammed on almost a monthly basis?

Can't really remember last time I got scammed.  After the first few times, I'm a quick learner.  Those simply vendors, overcharging, all folks or farang price.  Easily & quickly sorted to avoid reoccurring.

Do things correct & legal, usually keeps you free from being scammed, from 'officials', if that was the case.

All you suggestions of 'getting back' simply makes you a scammer of the innocents.  Pretty sad state actually.  

Might want to check you morality gauge, as running a bit low I think.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Just another topic, that has been left after the OP can answer what the fine was for. There is no visa fine that can amount to even 10k baht, more then overstaying 50 days. In that case you would have been shown the door.

Moreover, if you are being fined every month, you will never reach the amount of 10k baht.

He's probably 'working' without a correct work permit, they will come and shake him down every now and again.

I've seen this kind of thing before involving someone I know - they are out to get you, working undercover and attempting to catch you out doing the most mundane things which might not be 100% described on your work permit but in the same place of work, etc.

For example if you're a chef and you accept someones payment which is a cashiers job - they will wait until there's no staff around and then ask to pay, all undercover looking like a regular customer, then the badge comes out and the money changes hands.

They hate us all and will go to extreme lengths to make problems. Best to remember that.

Edited by ukrules
  • Confused 2