I'm going to start claiming back some of the money from the fines.

Chris Daley

5 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

A 20 day overstay would be 10,000 baht (20x 500 baht).

Now the Op clearly is rather unintelligent & with his lack of clarity its impossible to know for sure what his 'visa fine' is for... 

Perhaps he meant 'overstay' but lacks the simple vocabulary to state this. 

Ok, my bad. Wrong calc.

2 hours ago, ukrules said:

He's probably 'working' without a correct work permit, they will come and shake him down every now and again.

I've seen this kind of thing before involving someone I know - they are out to get you, working undercover and attempting to catch you out doing the most mundane things which might not be 100% described on your work permit but in the same place of work, etc.

For example if you're a chef and you accept someones payment which is a cashiers job - they will wait until there's no staff around and then ask to pay, all undercover looking like a regular customer, then the badge comes out and the money changes hands.

They hate us all and will go to extreme lengths to make problems. Best to remember that.

You are really deluded. Maybe you stayed too long time in Thailand.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

You are really deluded. Maybe you stayed too long time in Thailand.

No, this happened to someone I know and I know of several others who have been shaken down over the years on a regular basis as well.

You're deluded if you think this kind of thing doesn't happen because it does.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Buddy and I were working on opposite sides of house up on ladders using  hammers.Suddenly I hear this god awful shouting ,screaming and swearing from his side.

I drop everything to race around to see how badly injured he is.What I see is John screaming at my dog and trying to kick him.

I shout..John John what happened.He replies Hit my effing thumb with the hammer.

So I understand where you coming from .

But I felt worse for my dog .

• Confused 2

10,000 baht visa fine? If true, just another idiot. In 14 years living in Thailand i have been fined exactly 700 baht total. Corruption? maybe have paid about 2000 baht in tea money to immigration in total in that time, nothing anywhere else.

• Like 1

On 12/23/2023 at 12:47 PM, bwanajohn said:

Buddy and I were working on opposite sides of house up on ladders using  hammers.Suddenly I hear this god awful shouting ,screaming and swearing from his side.

I drop everything to race around to see how badly injured he is.What I see is John screaming at my dog and trying to kick him.

I shout..John John what happened.He replies Hit my effing thumb with the hammer.

So I understand where you coming from .

But I felt worse for my dog .

How much money will be claimed or was anyone fined? 

Slightly off topic but good story mate, have you got any more? 😂

How's the dog? 

On 12/21/2023 at 2:47 PM, BenStark said:

Just look at the OP's topics and posts for the past few months, then realize he is a teacher somewhere in a Thai school, where your child may be a student

All of my children are bastards, and spread out all over Isan.  Where is he teaching? 

12 minutes ago, Bobthegimp said:

All of my children are bastards, and spread out all over Isan.  Where is he teaching? 

No idea, I only know from his previous posts that he is a teacher, and going by those post i doubt it will be in an international school

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, BenStark said:

No idea, I only know from his previous posts that he is a teacher, and going by those post i doubt it will be in an international school

Oh ffs, with his abysmal command of the English language and what seems to be a complete lack of intellect, he wouldn't be teaching my kids! If I had any that is! 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/20/2023 at 1:48 AM, Chris Daley said:

I recently got a 10,000 baht visa fine and I'm always looking for new ways to claim the money back.  Maybe eat at restaurant and walk away without paying?  Fill up the tank and drive off?  Drop the GPA by 1 of 200+ students.  Steal the toilet paper in public toilets?  Or just littering more.  Anything to even out the balance.

How do you deal with being fined and scammed on almost a monthly basis?

Do it correctly in the first place. :wai:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 12/21/2023 at 7:26 PM, ukrules said:

He's probably 'working' without a correct work permit, they will come and shake him down every now and again.

I've seen this kind of thing before involving someone I know - they are out to get you, working undercover and attempting to catch you out doing the most mundane things which might not be 100% described on your work permit but in the same place of work, etc.

For example if you're a chef and you accept someones payment which is a cashiers job - they will wait until there's no staff around and then ask to pay, all undercover looking like a regular customer, then the badge comes out and the money changes hands.

They hate us all and will go to extreme lengths to make problems. Best to remember that.

On 12/21/2023 at 10:00 PM, ukrules said:

No, this happened to someone I know and I know of several others who have been shaken down over the years on a regular basis as well.

You're deluded if you think this kind of thing doesn't happen because it does.

So you claim know several people who this has happened to over how many years and how many expats have there been in Thailand during that time? Were they all absolutely 100% innocent? That may be your experience, but it certainly is not mine, nor of anyone that I know.

quote from your post "They hate us all and will go to extreme lengths to make problems. Best to remember that.

BTW who are the mysterious "they" that hate us all? I can't think of anybody in any position, Thai or farang that, in your words, hate us all?

In my 30 years in Thailand I don't remember any Thais hating me. On the contrary, most Thais that I have met have been friendly and helpful.

Perhaps both you and the OP live in a different Thailand to many of us.

43 minutes ago, billd766 said:

So you claim know several people who this has happened to

Yes.

The rest is irrelevant, they were guilty of exceeding the exact description of what was on their work permit.

The undercover aspect of people lying in wait posing as customers and waiting to pounce when a chef does something not 100% chef related, and instigating it - they were immigration police posing as customers in one place.

They didn't arrest anyone - it was only about money.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, ukrules said:

Yes.

The rest is irrelevant, they were guilty of exceeding the exact description of what was on their work permit.

The undercover aspect of people lying in wait posing as customers and waiting to pounce when a chef does something not 100% chef related, and instigating it - they were immigration police posing as customers in one place.

So basically if I understand you, the immigration staff were only doing their job properly. They could hardly do it if they were in full uniform could they?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, ukrules said:

Yes.

So money = hate? Right...

On 12/20/2023 at 12:48 AM, Chris Daley said:

How do you deal with being fined and scammed on almost a monthly basis?

Look at your monthly rent or housing cost.  Then look at what it would be for a comparable property in a warm and sunny location in your home country.  Subtract 10k baht.  The difference is almost certainly still a positive number and you've already pocketed the difference.

I like the post that said it's a social cost.  

• Confused 1

33 minutes ago, ChrisP24 said:

Look at your monthly rent or housing cost.  Then look at what it would be for a comparable property in a warm and sunny location in your home country.  Subtract 10k baht.  The difference is almost certainly still a positive number and you've already pocketed the difference.

I like the post that said it's a social cost.  

OK again, I have paid a weekly rent on my unit for 7 years of 240 AUD per week never had a rent increase and yes I don't live in the sticks I live in a city of 2.3 million. Beat that.

• Confused 1

23 hours ago, still kicking said:

OK again, I have paid a weekly rent on my unit for 7 years of 240 AUD per week never had a rent increase and yes I don't live in the sticks I live in a city of 2.3 million. Beat that.

OK.  That converts to just over 24,000 baht per month.   If your city is 2.3 million then that's really only comparable to BKK or one of its districts.  I don't know what rents are there or what sort of property you're in in OZ.  240 AUD per week sounds like quite a find so maybe the comparison doesn't apply to your situation.  I'm only trying to offer OP some small perspective that might make them feel just a little bit better about the 10k baht visa fine, and it's fair to say that in general, housing costs in Thailand are far less expensive than in the west.