Ukrainian Man Seriously Injured after Crashing his Big Bike into a Taxi at a Phuket Intersection – VIDEO

webfact

6 hours ago, Eaglekott said:
6 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"...probably no Taxi Driver license, who knows maybe no license at all".

Huh?   Based on what, but what's that got to do with it?

I have ridden with many of this private "unlicensed taxis" and I have not seen a official Taxi driver license in anyone. You know the yellow one with a picture stating the drivers name. However I spoke to one time that could speak very good english, and after we talked a bit she even told me she didn't even have a Driving License and when I question about it she told me she knew a few other drivers also with out any driving license driving taxis. She say no problem as long as there is no accident, but if she caused an accident her premium insurance would not cover her car only the other one. When I asked her why not get a license she answered, "Why should I? If I ever get stopped the official fee is 200 Baht, and police probably ok with 100 Baht not have to do the paperwork.

So, based on only anecdotal information, then.

"I have ridden with many of this private "unlicensed taxis...".

What is a "private, unlicenced taxi"?   Where are they operating and how do you manage to hail one of these "many" taxis?   Are you referring to the likes of Grab, Bolt, etc.?

On Facebook.

🆘 Need urgent help for Arthur Kostenko (28 years, from Ukraine) who got into a seious accident: broken neck and spine, severe injuries to his head and internal organs, unconscious now.

👮 Official police report: The accident was due to the fault of another local driver who also admitted his guilt in the accident. Unfortunately, the driver's insurance doesn't fully cover the costs of the treatment. So the local driver is not able to cover the financial part of the treatment.

👨‍⚕️ He is in Vachira Hospital. Doctors have already performed the first neck surgery (200,000 THB). There will be another emergency spine surgery soon to keep him alive and able to walk/sit. We don't know the exact amount needed, since the bills at the clinic are growing every hour. Probably he will be transported to Vejthani hospital in Bangkok that specializes in bones, they have a modern equipment with using robots.

🤞 We strive to raise 500,000 THB to overcome the critical danger to life.

🙏 We would be grateful for any help and ask you to join the fundraiser, unfortunately, anyone can find themselves in this situation.

💳 Thai Bank

Account holder: Kateryna Shepetenko

Account number: 139-1-71327-6

Bank’s name: Bank of Ayudhya Public Company Limited

💲 Crypto

USDT TRC 20: TGmW32ZwChFpQPB23SzYYuuhUuqS2EUN58

OR you can come to Vachira Hospital with any help.

18 hours ago, brianthainess said:

As with mirror, signal, manuver, unlike most drivers here, Manuver, no signal , what is a mirror. 

LOL.....:biggrin:.....but they do know what a mirror in the car is for........checking your hair, and squashing zits....

• Agree 1

19 hours ago, Chelseafan said:

I think that's a a good point. Jumping a red is obviously illegal but I understand why they do it when you might have to wait upto 300 seconds for the light to turn green again. They need to shorten some of these wait times.

I've waited, for what seems an eternity, at those very lights when coming from the other direction to turn right. It's very frustrating if you just miss them.

It may have been a slight help for the rider that the two biggest private hospitals on Phuket are very close to that corner.

Edit:  I note that he is in Vachira which is just a bit further past the Bangkok Hospital.

Edited by Old Croc

16 hours ago, stevenl said:

👮 Official police report: The accident was due to the fault of another local driver who also admitted his guilt in the accident.

fair enough, perhaps BIB will start enforcing traffic laws more competently........nah TIT! 

19 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

What is a "private, unlicenced taxi"?

To me a Private, Unlicensed taxi is the taxi you get, when you order a "Just Grab" or a Bolt etc and the Taxi is not "Colored" Has no Taxi sign on the roof, does not have the license registration number plate painted on the side of the car, They do not have a yellow metal badge inside the car stating License plate number in both and English, and they have a white licence plate in stead of a yellow Taxi one and the there is no sign of the drivers yellow "Taxi driving permit" 

• Sad 1

20 hours ago, Eaglekott said:
On 12/21/2023 at 8:05 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

What is a "private, unlicenced taxi"?

To me a Private, Unlicensed taxi is the taxi you get, when you order a "Just Grab" or a Bolt etc and the Taxi is not "Colored" Has no Taxi sign on the roof, does not have the license registration number plate painted on the side of the car, They do not have a yellow metal badge inside the car stating License plate number in both and English, and they have a white licence plate in stead of a yellow Taxi one and the there is no sign of the drivers yellow "Taxi driving permit" 

Grab (cars or taxis), along with Bolt cars are licenced ride hailing operators regardless of the colour of the plate, signs on the roofs, etc.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/20/2023 at 11:30 PM, KhunBENQ said:

No it doesn't. Not even in Thailand. About 5 seconds to clear the intersection.

The car clearly jumped the red light in high speed.

Totally irresponsible.

The headline is a "masterpiece" of confusion as if the motorcycle hit the taxi with high speed.

The motorcycle rider was impatient and obviously inexperienced about the criminal driving here.

Impact happened at one second in green.

The bike rider thought he could do what the locals do. Except the locals grew up on motorcycles and on these streets and have decades of experince at these lights. 

Some Thai's jump lights early. But they look both ways usually

• Haha 1