Trump's legal defeat in Colorado may turn into political gold

CharlieH

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

First off, there is no evidence that Biden is corrupt or senile.

Second, the Constitution does bar candidates who engage in insurrection. But not senility or corruption.

Oh, you don't care what the Constitution says?

Has Trump been convicted of insurrection?

Last I heard he was impeached, but acquitted.

Are we not putting the cart before the ham sandwich?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, candide said:

Follow the news....

Colorado Supreme Court kicks Trump off ballot, citing 'insurrection'

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-67768873

Why do you want to relieve me of my right to vote for the candidate of my choice?

Why do you have against democracy?

......By the way, I voted for Brandon in the last selection.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NoDisplayName said:

Why do you want to relieve me of my right to vote for the candidate of my choice?

I don't want anything. There are laws and there is a justice system. The Colorado SC made a decision, the U.S. supreme court will further decide.  So be it.

Actually, I think the Dems have more chance to win with Trump on the ballot, so it won't disturb me if the SC does not uphold the disqualification of Mr Trump.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NoDisplayName said:

Has Trump been convicted of insurrection?

Last I heard he was impeached, but acquitted.

Are we not putting the cart before the ham sandwich?

That happens to be my position.

I was responding to a poster who wanted to bar Biden from the ballot due to alleged senility and corruption.

6 hours ago, charleskerins said:

If you need proof after all this time -you must have your head in the sand.Maybe you're the one that needs care Biden would run circles around you.  You seem to prattle endlessly  Christ do you read ?   You want someone to provide proof?  

"So, if you want to redeem your childlike & embarrassing missteps here please provide some evidence and proof "   He provided you with proof .  You owe him an apology.  It is you that have taken the childlike and embarrassing missteps. "Accuse the other side of that which you are guilty."

Clearly he is pretty much always guilty and does prattle endlessly. Seriously doubt someday he ever finds his way out of the rabbit hole. 

19 hours ago, NoDisplayName said:

IIRC, Trump was involved in a plot to overturn the 2020 election. Overturning an election = denying people the right to have their votes count.

Are you okay with that?

2 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

So, is it appropriate to try to win elections by pushing to remove candidates from the ballot?

Those wishing to stop Trump being on the ballot may come to regret it if the GOP put up a different candidate, as Biden's main attraction seems to be that he's not Trump.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Danderman123 said:

IIRC, Trump was involved in a plot to overturn the 2020 election. Overturning an election = denying people the right to have their votes count.

Are you okay with that?

Not proven. You seem to have a problem in waiting for an actual conviction before pronouncing Trump guilty.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

You doubt there was a plot to overturn the 2020 election?

Geez, people have already pled guilty to participating in the plot.

Riots are not typically the outcomes of plots. The J6 riot looked to me to be more opportunistic than anything else.

"People" are not Trump. In any case, Trump has not even been charged with plotting, let alone convicted. 

• Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Riots are not typically the outcomes of plots. The J6 riot looked to me to be more opportunistic than anything else.

"People" are not Trump. In any case, Trump has not even been charged with plotting, let alone convicted. 

Pretty simple plot, concocted at the last moment:

Use the rioters to stop Congress from certifying the Electors;

The rioters chase Pence away from the Capitol;

Senator Grassley conducts the certification, and throws out Biden electors;

The election is overturned, and the House of Representatives decides the winner.

Almost worked.

BTW, the "Hang Mike Pence" chants were designed to scare away Mike Pence, so he fled to Andrews Air Force base with the Secret Service.

• Thanks 1