Welcome the Refugees

georgegeorgia

On 12/22/2023 at 7:04 AM, ezzra said:

I read the OP post couple of times and i'm still miffed as to what is it all about? a hospital cleaner posting on AsiaNow?

what/who are you, a local, foreigner, expat or a refugee?... 

He sounds like a sometimes Australian Tourist, who avoids certain establishments in Pattaya, but still goes there, likes to bash the brits, and comes from the most Racist country I have ever been to. 

I.E a sex tourist. 

Edited by brianthainess
  • Love It 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

Spend a bit of time in Tower Hamlets in London, then tell us about the 'benefits' they bring to the UK. 

Unfortunately your fellow "Brits" don't agree with you.

You did have someone similar to Australia's Pauline Hanson , was it someone called Tommy?

But you all called him "racist ',all the comments I saw on Social media about him from fellow Britsh

You people are hypocrites,even in Scotland, 🤣

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

He sounds like a sometimes Australian Tourist, who avoids certain establishments in Pattaya, but still goes there, likes to bash the brits, and comes from the most Racist country I have ever been to. 

I.E a sex tourist. 

I always find the English hypocrites.

I often wonder why Ireland doesn't invade Northern Ireland and tell them we want it back !

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

I always find the English hypocrites.

I often wonder why Ireland doesn't invade Northern Ireland and tell them we want it back !

Maybe "coz their Irish and not English, Welsh or Scottish. Oz education appears to be lacking somewhat.

36 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Maybe "coz their Irish and not English, Welsh or Scottish. Oz education appears to be lacking somewhat.

Doesnt make sense ,if they're Irish as you say why is your Government in control of that Country?

It's says Northern Ireland right?

Not Northern England

FFS mate ,stop making up excuses and give them their Country back !!

They phoned up mate ,they want their Country back 

I bet your one of  the pommy hypocrites saying Israel should leave Palestinian land 🤣

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Sad 1

I love Scotland, what a fantastic Government that follows  diversity & multiculturalism by installing a First Minister by the name of Moey.

What a fantastic Country and I hope "Moey" really makes it multi cultural and Welcomes his refugees 

Just like Moey I would love to see the bagpipes being played as the refugees arrive by boat onto the shores of Scotland 🤗

Hopefully next First Minister will be Transgender💜, people of Scotland should be proud of what they achieved 

Edited by georgegeorgia

I have been reading, listening, observing the mounting immigration issues globally. And I think I can give credence to the reaction to the most current influx of immigration overloading the usual average immigration levels. Historically, there have been these nativist "pushback" reactions historically. I am most familiar with my own home country's reactions ... a bit funny as there were times of anti - (fill in the balance) ... German, Irish, Chinese, Japanese, Southeast Mediterranean (aimed mostly at Catholic Italians), etc. I think I can quite understand how mass immigration is feared as changing any country's basic culture. I can also comprehend the forces driving refugees to seemingly safer, more prosperous countries. It appears to me that if one wishes to stop this mass refugee issue then ... you must address what is forcing the refugees seeking to better their life situation. Nope, the answer is not walls, the answer is providing peace and a way to have enough income to provide food, clothing, shelter for one's family. Yes, yes ... after that we can discuss achieving a just, sustainable society. In my own case, I count myself as an economic refugee as I am unable to have a sustainable working middle class retirement in my own country on a monthly $2400.00 USD monthly budget.

• Love It 1

23 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

Doesnt make sense ,if they're Irish as you say why is your Government in control of that Country?

It's says Northern Ireland right?

Not Northern England

FFS mate ,stop making up excuses and give them their Country back !!

I bet your one of  the pommy hypocrites saying Israel should leave Palestinian land 🤣

For your Info. I am of Irish decent, from Dublin and my grandfather who was born there, and was a Musician in the British Army, based in India.

• Thumbs Up 1

Look I don't want to turn this into a Northern Ireland thread but I can't help to think the current Government in England would want out of Northern Ireland if they could

They must be thinking all this Social Security money being paid into pensions and unemployment

, who knows maybe they asked Ireland if you want it back and they said no ,I bet they regret taking it now !

The younger generation must be thinking how stupid the older generation was .

Look at the burden you left us they must be saying

No ,your right ,I reckon if England had the chance to get out of NI they would , probably leave tomorrow if they could and who can blame them !

I never forget an old Irishman I met in a Aussie pub years ago , he was a staunch IRA supporter (from Australia) and I said to him " what if the British government do leave NI and you won what you were fighting for?

He looked at me shocked 😳

"I hope they don't bloody leave " he said , " I'll lose my bloody UK pension !! 🤣

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

Look I don't want to turn this into a Northern Ireland thread but I can't help to think the current Government in England would want out of Northern Ireland if they could

You have no idea what you are talking about .

There is NO Government of England, let alone an English Government being in Northern Ireland 

5 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

You have no idea what you are talking about .

There is NO Government of England, let alone an English Government being in Northern Ireland 

Don't tell me ....they took over already!!!😱

Tommy said they would ! 

But some would agree with you and say , "There's no England anymore " 

Edited by georgegeorgia

3 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

Don't tell me ....they took over already!!!😱

Tommy said they would ! 

But some would agree with you and say , "There's no England anymore " 

You are speaking about what someone called "Tommy" said and also about what other people say about England .

I do think that you are just trolling though 

5 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Because Ireland doesn't want Northern Ireland back 

And this is due to THIS Generation!

Don't blame it on politics or anything else 

It's pure LAZINESS on this current Gen Z

They asked them "Do you want it back ,we want to leave "

They said "Nah mate ,it's too much trouble,you can keep it !

Couldn't be bothered 

And the reason why ,pure LAZINESS

This Generation of politicians and activists are too busy in TikTok and making videos on their phones !

Anything they can not do is a win ,too much burden in their social media lives so they rather be on their phones !

An example is the young generation is now the only ones who don't want to work overtime extra days or work shifts , it's just too much for them !

On 12/22/2023 at 7:08 AM, georgegeorgia said:

Your post reels of "elitism" 

A hospital cleaner shouldn't be posting?

Should we all have a pompous attitude like yours?

"Oh he's only a hospital cleaner😲

I'm "miffed " at you bring "miffed" on what classes of people should be allowed to post here ?

Honestly did you really think the posters on here are all ROAD SCHOLARS ????😲

Maybe.. Like me... He was simply curious what this has to do with Thailand exactly... 

• Confused 1

19 minutes ago, 1happykamper said:

Maybe.. Like me... He was simply curious what this has to do with Thailand exactly... 

What makes you think every post on this forum has to "do with Thailand" ?

What even makes you think your "the customer" 

Wouldn't be much good for advertising agencies would it if it was just ...Thailand 

The forum name changed a few years ago to reflect more a Asian wide forum so those from or have a interest in other Asian countries can contribute thus advertising agencies from those Asian countries would also show interest in being the.... customer 

Nothing mentions especially in the PUB thread that it must be "Thailand centric" 

Doesn't open up a wide base of audience if that was the case reflecting in a lower "audience" which reflects in lower customers (advertisers)

As much as you like to read what you want,at the end of the day this Forum is a business ,it's here to make a profit ,not a community service .

I'm sorry to go into a rant ,but it peeves me off when people live in the past and say it's only a Thailand forum 

Edited by georgegeorgia

On 12/22/2023 at 7:43 AM, georgegeorgia said:

The cultural aspects ?

Refugees are welcome in my books because we need to show compassion 💚

Yep, Great. Until you realise the cost @ multi millions per day of your taxpayer money!

• Agree 1

31 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

Well I for one don't mind paying extra in taxes because I know it's helping people, I'm sure there's a lot of the silent majority who feels this way but won't express it 

And prey tell what else you do? Do you volunteer, giving your time to these scroungers? Do you donate personal funds to support the 'refugees'? If not, I suggest you get off your high horse and stop winding people up, for your own selfish entertainment.  

• Thumbs Up 1

38 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

Well I for one don't mind paying extra in taxes because I know it's helping people, I'm sure there's a lot of the silent majority who feels this way but won't express it 

They'll bite the hand that feeds them though. Look at France as a sad example.

Import the 3rd world; become the 3rd world.

Would you want to live in Afghanistan? Would you let your kid play outside in the streets of Somalia?

Heard about the playground stabbings by migrants in Western countries recently? France and Ireland, spring to mind.

Not to mention other acts of terror, violence, asssult, rape, and grooming, like stalking underage girls home from school

Loads of footage on the Internet, as evidence. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, FruitPudding said:

They'll bite the hand that feeds them though. Look at France as a sad example.

Import the 3rd world; become the 3rd world.

Would you want to live in Afghanistan? Would you let your kid play outside in the streets of Somalia?

Heard about the playground stabbings by migrants in Western countries recently? France and Ireland, spring to mind.

Not to mention other acts of terror, violence, asssult, rape, and grooming, like stalking underage girls home from school

Loads of footage on the Internet, as evidence. 

The evidence I see is people ,and also those of Anglo Saxon looks,  are protesting in the streets to Welcome refugees .

Would you agree that anyone who has a different opinion is called a racist?

I see many who are of Anglo Saxon background calling others racist particularly in the UK where that politician "Tommy"  was ,where I believe  they even jailed him 

So correct me if I'm wrong ,but it's led me to believe either the silent minority are the loudest or people want to welcome the refugees particularly the younger generation in the UK 

Are you saying the majority don't want refugees in the UK?

Edited by georgegeorgia

2 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

What makes you think every post on this forum has to "do with Thailand" ?

What even makes you think your "the customer" 

Wouldn't be much good for advertising agencies would it if it was just ...Thailand 

The forum name changed a few years ago to reflect more a Asian wide forum so those from or have a interest in other Asian countries can contribute thus advertising agencies from those Asian countries would also show interest in being the.... customer 

Nothing mentions especially in the PUB thread that it must be "Thailand centric" 

Doesn't open up a wide base of audience if that was the case reflecting in a lower "audience" which reflects in lower customers (advertisers)

As much as you like to read what you want,at the end of the day this Forum is a business ,it's here to make a profit ,not a community service .

I'm sorry to go into a rant ,but it peeves me off when people live in the past and say it's only a Thailand forum 

Your sounding more n more like a 'Road scholar', but do try not to talk down to your listeners.!! 

• Haha 1

On 12/22/2023 at 12:53 AM, georgegeorgia said:

And I agree with her ,I'm really sick of meeting these farangs in places like Soi Bukhao (usually from Britain) who talk nothing about how immigration is ruining their country

Australia is far from Africa and Middle East, most European countries suffer at the moment under a migrant-burden, due to they were too kind to so-called refugees in the past...:whistling:

The major bands of immigration to the UK were agreed to by the UK government.  They needed cheap labor so they gave the windrush generation passports and they welcomed the slaves from Africa and Guyana.  That was 50 years ago.

The new refugee myth is just to stir up the voters.

1 hour ago, khunPer said:

Australia is far from Africa and Middle East, most European countries suffer at the moment under a migrant-burden, due to they were too kind to so-called refugees in the past...:whistling:

Australia welcomed the poms 250 yrs ago, biggest mistake they ever made! 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1