Smell of FEAR: Now Rapidly Aging...Your 5 Greatest Fears...ARE?

GammaGlobulin

This is really no laughing matter.

As one ages, the smell of fear rears its ugly head in the weirdest ways.

These days, what are your newfound fears?

Your greatest worries, now that you are at a certain age?

Besides your fear of death, in case you might have such a fear, which I do not, what are the things your fear most, hierarchically speaking?

Fear can be debilitating, as well.

How do you cope with your fears.

Do you practice denial, for example?

What are your best strategies to continue to move forward when anxiety pulls you back?

So, ranked top to bottom, your fears are?

Even OJ Simpson was not immune to fear, one presumes....

Ganmna

• Like 1

You can practice opposite to denial , I forgot what psychologists call it ,but you don't avoid it , avoidance 

I asked a friend in Pattaya if he was going to the New Year's eve concerts 😄he immediately said no !

He is licking himself in as he AVOIDS crowds ,he is in denial ,he needs to go out and experience it

2 hours ago, novacova said:

I don’t live my life in fear, therefore I don’t belong on this thread.

Let’s hope that you don’t live to regret that revelation.

EDIT: Let me reword that in a less threatening manner - let’s hope that you do live to regret that revelation, happily , and for a long time, with only the mildest of regrets.  It’s always good to hope for the best, regardless of the likelihood.

5 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

76 is not too late to start resistance training and diet discipline. Much older and it will be a lot harder. The key to good health is resistance training. I recommend a trainer for at least 3 months if you can afford it.

No problem with a trainer but I would be wasting my time had 2 broken ankles can hardly walk  

• Like 2

Losing my internet connection. I lost it last week for a few days and it was awful. I had to go out and buy a book. Now that I have my internet is back, I have to try to be brave enough to open the book. I've red the cover a few times but it's hard to get stuck into a story when the world wide web keeps staring right at me. Life was much easier in the twentieth century.  

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, asf6 said:

Losing my internet connection. I lost it last week for a few days and it was awful. I had to go out and buy a book. Now that I have my internet is back, I have to try to be brave enough to open the book. I've red the cover a few times but it's hard to get stuck into a story when the world wide web keeps staring right at me. Life was much easier in the twentieth century.  

Ain't that the truth.

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Fear that the b'tards will resuscitate me.

Fear that I'll end up in a nursing home eating mush and being forced to watch freeview tv.

Death- nah, it's inevitable and nothing is going to stop it happening, so why fear it?

A lot of those places show:

Gilligan's island

Mash

I dream of genie

Get Smart

Reruns something to be excited about.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Gilligan's island

Mash

I dream of genie

Get Smart

You seem to be a most learned television watcher, watching television fare of the highest order.

Do you never view PBS?

What about Upstairs/Downstairs?

12 hours ago, StreetCowboy said:

Let’s hope that you don’t live to regret that revelation.

EDIT: Let me reword that in a less threatening manner - let’s hope that you do live to regret that revelation, happily , and for a long time, with only the mildest of regrets.  It’s always good to hope for the best, regardless of the likelihood.

Fear is a state of mind, an illusion. In the military during survival training we were trained to overcome fear and pain to compartmentalize it. Good luck living in a state of fear, after all it’s a mental myth that can be overcome. 

On 12/31/2023 at 12:18 PM, bkk6060 said:

Gilligan's island

Mash

I dream of genie

Get Smart

Freeview in NZ doesn't show movies. They show the biggest load of <deleted><deleted><deleted> I've ever seen in my life. It's beyond bad it's so awful. They even show infomercials all day on some channels!  If I face going into a nursing home I'm offing myself first.

I went to visit a friend's mother in the hospital part of a nursing home and we passed the tv on with a crowd of oldies around it, and I though to myself, that that is something I'd rather kill myself than have to put up with.

On 12/31/2023 at 12:18 PM, bkk6060 said:

Gilligan's island

Mash

I dream of genie

Get Smart

I used to love MASH, like everybody, till it went woke on about series 2 million near the end. If anyone makes me watch those episodes again I'm killing them ( if I can manage to get out of the wheelchair and find a gun that is ).

Sarcasm alert for the easily offended. :-)