Will a SCALE Help with WEIGHTLOSS? Best Scale Available on Lazada?

GammaGlobulin

4 hours ago, Screaming said:

I have a digital scale and weight myself every morning. My weight has not changed much since I was in high school even though I am now in my 70s. I weight my self as part of a total health plan including a home blood pressure test. My mother died at the age of 58 from cancer that possibly could have been treated and enabled her to live a much longer life. She ignored early signs of this cancer including weight loss.

This is very good advice.

Someone who is near and dear to me had suddenly lost weight.

Turned out to be cancer.

The weight loss occurred about a year before the diagnosis.

IF the weight loss might have been seen as a warning sign, ...

Then...

The cancer might have been detected FAR earlier, when there would have, most likely, been sufficient time for a cure.

Of course, such weight loss, due to cancer, can normally be easily detected without a scale.

I just wish that the weight loss had been seen as a warning sign, and so unfortunately it was not.

Terrible, really.

In and of itself scales won't make your weight fall off BUT if you want to lose weight, you will need scales to know what weight you are now and to know when you have attained the weight loss you desire. 

Which ones to buy? I prefer digital scales with the smallest increment of 50g rather than 100g or 200g. They use a small battery - CR2032 I think. You can buy scales that do not use a battery. They use a spring mechanism. My opinion is that they are less reliable and less accurate. However, if you don't want battery operated scales and you are not too fussed about accuracy and just want a general guide to your weight, they might be a good choice for you. They are usually cheaper too. If you use the same scales in the same location, on the same surface and stand in the same way each time, most scales should be good enough for most people. 

How often to weigh? Daily in the morning after urinating. Don't worry if your weight one day is higher than the day before. That can happen. It's best to note the trend over weeks - generally downwards, generally upwards or generally no movement at all. To remember your weight and to be able to note the trend upwards or downwards, you might want to record your weight on paper or some other way. 

Good luck. 

Edited by asf6

5 minutes ago, asf6 said:

In and of itself scales won't make your weight fall off BUT if you want to lose weight, you will need scales to know what weight you are now and to know when you have attained the weight loss you desire. 

Which ones to buy? I prefer digital scales with the smallest increment of 50g rather than 100g or 200g. They use a small battery - CR2032 I think. You can buy scales that do not use a battery. They use a spring mechanism. My opinion is that they are less reliable and less accurate. However, if you don't want battery operated scales and you are not too fussed about accuracy and just want a general guide to your weight, they might be a good choice for you. They are usually cheaper too. If you use the same scales in the same location, on the same surface and stand in the same way each time, most scales should be good enough for most people. 

How often to weigh? Daily in the morning after urinating. Don't worry if your weight one day is higher than the day before. That can happen. It's best to note the trend over weeks - generally downwards, generally upwards or generally no movement at all. To remember your weight and to be able to note the trend upwards or downwards, you might want to record your weight on paper or some other way. 

Good luck. 

Thank you for your encouragement.

I would weigh less on the Moon, in Newtons.

But, unfortunately, my mass would not change.

19 minutes ago, Puccini said:

@GammaGlobulin

Libra  is a nifty app for Android phones to record the weight and see the trend.

Apparently, the Xiaomi scale will connect through Bluetooth or WiFi to my Xiaomi account, which I also use for my air purifier machines.

This way, Xi JinPing will be able to keep tabs on BOTH my room air quality, as well as my weight.

Of course, as Xi must know by now, he is a total FATZO....

QUESTION:  Are you....THIS Puccini?....

Edited by GammaGlobulin

20 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Lots of cardio will not help you to lose much weight. I noticed that 45 minutes of treadmill walking at a fast clip burns about 200 calories. To burn off a big mac, fries and a coke you'd never get off the treadmill. Diet adjustment is the only way.

Strangely enough, you rarely will see a fat bike courier in NYC.