What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2024)

Rimmer

I can't seem to find any movies to my liking at the moment, although there are a few good series out there, to which I am not too partial, so I went foraging around for a couple of movies from the past and came up with, "Falling Down" and "Three billboards outside Ebbing, Missouri", both of which I liked very much (again).

Something intrigued me on the comments about Falling Down, when someone on a movie website asked, what was the point of it and there were many suggestions, not all of them seemed to make sense!

For me it was a guy at his wits end because of his divorce, followed by being laid off from his job, and then encountering circumstances which seemed beyond his comprehension and control, and which eventually turned to violence.

The Three Billboards movie was also good to watch again. 

• Agree 1

21 hours ago, BritManToo said:

The Red King, entire season just out.

Remake of The Wicker Man with a female police sergeant of Indian descent in the lead role.

Not to mention the lady of the manor is black and the retired policeman has a mail order Thai bride.

Surprisingly good with a bit of tongue in cheek wokeness, decent acting, and well written.

Beautiful scenery and photography.

Well worth a watch.

Subtitles wanted please....cannot find any?

On 4/26/2024 at 2:14 PM, LosLobo said:

I was very disappointed with Season Two after Season One.

Agree, most of the series is about him driving around from place to place in a car, talking on the phone and looking gloomy all the time.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, freeworld said:

Agree, most of the series is about him driving around from place to place in a car, talking on the phone and looking gloomy all the time.

Yep spot on, I am a big fan of Taylor Sheriden and Jeremy Renner but the last series of this show was uninteresting and boring with a very lame plot, (if indeed there was one) I did not even bother to archive it, went straight in the bin.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jai Dee said:

Just released digitally is Cash Out starring John Travolta.

I got it from TGx.

image.png.df6e79998b1158f23f00f4a93b420c2d.png

Doesn't come close to "Swordfish", but OK time killer.   He's looking good for being 70 yrs old.

6 hours ago, petermik said:

Subtitles wanted please....cannot find any?

4 hours ago, giddyup said:

Can't see any site where subs are available for this series.

Same here...maybe wait a while as it`s a new series....subs,if available, are handy for my TGF to follow :thumbsup:

58 minutes ago, petermik said:

Same here...maybe wait a while as it`s a new series....subs,if available, are handy for my TGF to follow :thumbsup:

Or maybe if you can find a 1080 version as they usually come with subs whereas 720 often do not

• Like 1

19 hours ago, freeworld said:

Stumbled across this movie last night named "Dusk for a Hitman"

https://www.imdb.com/video/vi1303168537/?playlistId=tt10819348&ref_=tt_ov_vi

A film about a hitman from the Montreal underworld. The soundtrack is in Canadian French but there are English subtitles. Found it quite a good crime drama.

Thanks for the heads up @freeworld. I'll have a look at that.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/26/2024 at 2:21 PM, BritManToo said:

The Red King, entire season just out.

Remake of The Wicker Man with a female police sergeant of Indian descent in the lead role.

Not to mention the lady of the manor is black and the retired policeman has a mail order Thai bride.

Surprisingly good with a bit of tongue in cheek wokeness, decent acting, and well written.

Beautiful scenery and photography.

Well worth a watch.

Thanks @BritManToo. I'll have a look at that.

On 4/27/2024 at 3:24 PM, Jai Dee said:

Just released digitally is Cash Out starring John Travolta.

I see it has a Hugh IMDB rating of 4.8 -&--Rotten Tomatoes rating of  27%---  write ups like=  "It is one of those movie you watch  when you don't need to think and just be entertained."

"This movie doesn't take itself to serious nor should we."

Still everyone's  got different taste--& I cant keep count of just how many times IMDB/Tomatoes  have been wrong about a movie.

27 minutes ago, Rimmer said:

Watching Red Eye and enjoying it a lot, far fetched as heck but great entertainment :biggrin:  

Yeah, I enjoyed it even if a bit silly...

Almost turned it off after the first ten minutes, glad I didn't. 

• Like 2

I can't focus in this heat wand I decided to rewatch James Caan, in Las Vegas, from the early 2000s. Kind of like a Baywatch set in the desert. I will never grow tired of watching Vanessa Marcil. 

Has this been mentioned before? Ripley I have never been a fan of noir - but watched the first episode last night, may be interesting .. idk.

• Like 1