Brexit has completely failed for UK, say clear majority of Britons – poll

4 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Do you read what you write?

"The poll has nothing to do with the actual impact of Brexit. It only intends/pretends to show what the public's perception of what the impact of Brexit has been."

Do you disagree with this? 

And you make this ridiculous generalization without offering any evidence.

What ridiculous generalization have I made?

In fact, if polls were faking it, there would be no relation between the actual results of elections and what polls predicted.

I at no time said the polls were faking it, and I have no reason to think the results are false. I think you are confused. 

Please share with us the evidence that poll results are bought and paid for.

Are there polling companies that will do polls for free? Are you really arguing that there is no one funding the polls? 

More on this below.

Please be gentle....

5 minutes ago, placeholder said:

The EU-UK Trade and Cooperation Agreement (TCA) , which provisionally entered into force on 1 January 2021, provides for zero tariffs and zero quotas on all trade of EU and UK goods that comply with the appropriate rules of origin. Rules of origin are an important aspect of any free trade agreement such as the TCA.

https://taxation-customs.ec.europa.eu/customs-4/international-affairs/third-countries/united-kingdom_en#:~:text=The EU-UK Trade and,agreement such as the TCA.

You said: "Typical post in defense of Brexit. The UK chose not to be part of the Federation. Despite the fact they it still enjoys considerable privileges that other nations don't, Brexit defenders still insist on additional privileges."

How does your current link show that the post was a "Typical post in defense of Brexit."

Or that "Brexit defenders still insist on additional privileges."

I never doubted the UK left the EU.  

5 minutes ago, rudi49jr said:

I did say ‘usually’, as you so perceptively noticed. There are of course companies who will fudge their numbers to please their clients. That usually has to do with the way they do their sampling, i.e. not random.

Thus, confirming my point. Thanks.

• Confused 2

6 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:
21 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Not polled by the Guardian.

Keep up. I've already corrected myself.

I know, I know...couldn't be arsed correcting myself.  I apologise for my tardy observation of the thread's contributions.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

That fact that this company actually was one of the few that gave an edge to Grexit kind of vitiates your point. And that their predictiohs about the 2019 elections was one of the 2 most accurate polls. You set an impossible standard because the fact is you've got virtually nothing. When I gave you links to actual evidence you just ignore the evidence but instead natter on about wikipedia.

I do have something. As pointed out several times.

5 minutes ago, gamb00ler said:

Most of your potential customers would be saying, "you're having a laugh" when they read your "methodology" section.

Customers? So the polls are there to attract customers? 

If so, it goes without saying, only what is likely to attract custom will be shown. Polls in the interest of business will he published. Others will be discarded. 

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, placeholder said:

For your first question, refer to the third post from the bottom of page 1.

I saw that, but how does it show that "...all the polls have been unanimous for two years.". It does not show that. 

18 minutes ago, placeholder said:

On the one hand, you accuse pollsters of giving the answers the people who pay for them want, but on the other you say that pollsters don't skew the results. Do you understand what "skew" means?

I do not think I said what you're claiming I said. If you can show where I did, I will gladly apologize. 

And I am certain I never said pollsters don't skew the results. You just made that up. 

I think what I said was, that I had no reason to believe the poll inaccurate or that the data was skewed. 

3 hours ago, placeholder said:

That's why it's best to look at their track record. And given that the polls seem to unanimously show Brexit is unpopular, your point seems untenable.

In hindsight, do you think Britain was right or wrong to vote to leave the European Union?

image.png.9be9ba71f7e36910c875f52ea6469935.png

https://www.statista.com/statistics/987347/brexit-opinion-poll/

Looking at the timeline in the chart above, should also consider the effects of Covid-19, inflation and susequent interest rate rises. If people felt better off economically, I doubt that many of the questions would have been answered as they were. Was Brexit to blame for the economical effects, or was it Covid, or some of both? 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, mfd101 said:

What depressing reading! I said, he said, they said, no they didn't ... And anyone and everyone is to blame except Me Me Me.

Seen from afar, one can only conclude that British social & cultural & political incompetence, mixed with racism & petty ethnicism, produced a catastrophic economic & social outcome. 

The country will take decades to recover, probably by rejoining the EC once the latter's members have gotten over their outrage and bitterness. (Why would anyone trust the Brits in terminal decline?)

Racism ?

British people have the same racial make up as Europeans , so the reasons for Brexit cannot be racism 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

IMO many Brexit supporters were fooled into believing that withdrawal from the EU would stop the influx of non European (African/Asian) immigrants. Of course, this has proven to be a false hope.

I would not say that all of those Brexiteers were racists, but I'm sure that many were.

No, I think that you are just looking for an angle to accuse others of being racist 

17 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

IMO many Brexit supporters were fooled into believing that withdrawal from the EU would stop the influx of non European (African/Asian) immigrants. Of course, this has proven to be a false hope.

I don't know why many would believe that. IMO, many would more likely believe that withdrawal from the EU would stop the influx of European immigrants. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, asf6 said:

I don't know why many would believe that. IMO, many would more likely believe that withdrawal from the EU would stop the influx of European immigrants. 

Maybe I should have said non EU immigrants. But, most of the arrivals by boat across the channel are Afghanis, Pakistanis, Indians, Iranians, and Bangladeshis.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-53699511

2 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

Then I think we are agreed.

The reasons for the Brexit vote wasn't racist .

Like , the UK leaving the E.U , which is predominately White , so align the U.K with non White Countries like Japan and India .

Remaining in the E.U could considered to be more racist , because they want to remain in White Europe

• Confused 1