Democrats argue Biden is underestimated

CharlieH

5 hours ago, impulse said:

Once again, the Dem establishment insisting they know better than the voters.  The voters know when they're getting peed on, even if the Dems want to claim it's rain.  But feel free to ignore the voters...

polling.jpg.1f6ff39b8b8d43a02685134112484a86.jpg

https://edition.cnn.com/polling/approval-rating-poll-of-polls

https://edition.cnn.com/polling/approval-rating-polls

And those are the CNN lefties.  I won't even link to the conservative press. 

If I was a Dem looking at those numbers, I'd be looking for a better candidate.  And I would have started that search a long time ago.

Voter education hasn't started yet.

Come back in 6 months, the situation will be different.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

Yeah, no problems at all with the remain in mexico policy. Unless you went to mexico and actually looked. The refugees weren't going to go back to their home countries and build skyscrapers.

Maybe not, but it discouraged more people from coming.

3 hours ago, Trippy said:

How about a 'remain at the border in detention ' policy? Along immediate deportation and blacklisting for crossing outside of designated ports  of entry?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Maybe the DEMs and Biden supporters should from time to time watch news and shows which are made for GOP supporters.

Because then they would see the truth about Biden and his age and his mental difficulties.

Personally, I read mostly news from DEM friendly sources. They write how great Biden is and what an idiot Trump is. What they don't publish are all the not so great things about Biden.

Sometimes I watch videos on YouTube which show when Biden stumbles physically or mentally. When he greats people who don't exist, and when he doesn't know left from right. I am sure fox and co show things like that all the time. And then nobody should be surprised when their viewers think B is not capable of doing the job.

But DEMs somehow don't see this information and are ignorant and they ask: Why do those people don't like Biden. Just watch and learn!

All in all, I think Biden is still the better alternative, mostly because Trump is such a nightmare, and he is not suitable at all for that job.

But why don't the DEMs look for a younger guy, with experience, and not so radical views? That could be a real alternative which the people like to vote for. And not just the lessor evil. 

This is rich considering that Trump supporters want the voters to decide if Trump should be president but the right wing are doing their best to argue that Biden shouldn't be allowed to stand based on his age. He thrashed Trump at the last election so tjhere's no reason to believe it will be any different this time, especially when the calculus is that Trump will be convicted of felonies before the election and polls indicate bad news for Trump if he is convicted.

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Trippy said:

Coming as far as Mexico? You'd need a link to evidence to convince me that that's true to any significant extent..

16 hours ago, 2baht said:

But there must be some young blood???

Apparently not, but more likely the clever ones will treat being POTUS as a poisoned chalice, and want nothing to do with it. Politics has become too toxic.

Re the OP, if Biden was female they would be ranting on about her opponents all being misogynists by now, but as they haven't got that option I suppose the best they can come up with is "underestimated".

It must be hard having to support someone that in their hearts they know to just so wrong to be standing again.

• Confused 4
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

Never underestimate  Joe's ability to 'call a lid' on command. Works 5 hours on a busy day, nearly 40% of his time on vacation, being President sounds like a good gig!

As I recall, Trump's schedule, working hours and work habits were a matter of discussion back when. What I don't recall is Trump fans not making light of it.

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, still kicking said:

So you work at the white house? Having all the knowledge how many hours he works. Go and have a burger with the orange guy but be prepared to pay for it. 

The President's schedule is a matter of public record.  And also public scorn. He is (in)famous for having all events scheduled between 10 and 4.  

Nothing to do with the Bad Orange Man, the topic is Biden.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ozimoron said:
21 hours ago, Trippy said:

Coming as far as Mexico? You'd need a link to evidence to convince me that that's true to any significant extent..

Have a look at the increase in docket cases between FY 2019 and 2020, when Trump got serious about illegal immigration and implemented Remain in Mexico" on Jan 25, 2019.

Oops.  I mean the decrease

Immigration.png.84759a123de1e96c6fca3fa43ce15dde.png

https://www.ice.gov/doclib/eoy/iceAnnualReportFY2023.pdf

Now, compare that to the Biden free for all...  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ozimoron said:

The border crisis is such a manufactured crisis. The US needs immigrants. Period.

Yup.  And there's a legal procedure for that.  Carefully crafted to weed out criminals, terrorists, etc.  And if you want more engineers, you can offer incentives that make it easier for engineers.  I worked with dozens of great Thai engineers who would give their eyeteeth to move to the USA an increase their earnings by several multiples.  And if you need low wage fruit pickers and ditch diggers, you can make it easier for them.

Or, you can throw the borders wide open, neglect immigration laws, and let anyone in, with millions to be a net drain on the taxpayers for decades.   That seems to be current administration's modus operandi.  Obviously, someone's benefitting (even beyond the cartels who are making a killing).  I wonder who?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, impulse said:

Yup.  And there's a legal procedure for that.  Carefully crafted to weed out criminals, terrorists, etc.  And if you want more engineers, you can offer incentives that make it easier for engineers.  I worked with dozens of great Thai engineers who would give their eyeteeth to move to the USA an increase their earnings by several multiples.  And if you need low wage fruit pickers and ditch diggers, you can make it easier for them.

Or, you can throw the borders wide open, neglect immigration laws, and let anyone in, with millions to be a net drain on the taxpayers for decades.   That seems to be current administration's modus operandi.  Obviously, someone's benefitting (even beyond the cartels who are making a killing).  I wonder who?

Well gollieee jeee just why pray tell hasent the gop been legislating up a storm passing laws right and left to help fix the immigration problem hummm???obviously because it’s such a convenient club to attack the dems.this whole problem is a manufactured mess that the republicans have absolutely no interest in solving.

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/3/2024 at 5:38 PM, Tug said:

Well gollieee jeee just why pray tell hasent the gop been legislating up a storm passing laws right and left to help fix the immigration problem hummm???obviously because it’s such a convenient club to attack the dems.this whole problem is a manufactured mess that the republicans have absolutely no interest in solving.

Because the laws are already in place.  Biden is simply ignoring them. 

He's demanding they throw more money at it so they can continue to handle the inrush at the border, not to get immigration back under control and quit allowing criminals, terrorists and fentanyl over the border.  More money for Dem donors that are making $trillions on immigration programs and more future Dem voters.  Probably sooner than later when taken together with Dem efforts to allow illegals to vote.

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, impulse said:

Because the laws are already in place.  Biden is simply ignoring them. 

He's demanding they throw more money at it so they can continue to handle the inrush at the border, not to get immigration back under control and quit allowing criminals, terrorists and fentanyl over the border.  More money for Dem donors that are making $trillions on immigration programs and more future Dem voters.  Probably sooner than later when taken together with Dem efforts to allow illegals to vote.

Let’s put you to the test.

Provide evidence to back up your claim that ‘Donors to the Democrats are making $trillions on immigration programs’.

Give it your best shot, put up the evidence or be owned by your own baseless claims.

Edited by Chomper Higgot

I think that he will have a health issue close to the election date which means he has to gracefully retire and then a done deal Democrat will come to the fore and be a shoe in for the anyone but Trump brigade. Not announcing it now allows Trump to keep digging his holes and thinking that Sleepy Joe is the candidate. It will be a stunning bait and switch come the moment. Maybe Michelle Obama on a buy one get one free deal. 

• Like 1

On 1/2/2024 at 11:47 AM, Chomper Higgot said:

The headline ‘Trump is going to win’ and variations there on gets more traffic for the news outlets, hence that’s what they are pumping.

Meanwhile Biden is delivering for America.

Added to which he’s not facing multiple criminal trials, and doesn’t stink of leaking diapers.

Biden is delivering for America? What? Bloopers? 

Not facing multiple criminal trials? Yet.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

On 1/2/2024 at 11:48 AM, Danderman123 said:

The results of the first term have been pretty good.

You seem to be living in a different world than the rest of us.

Right. As we can see from the polls.

• Agree 1

On 1/2/2024 at 6:57 PM, Danderman123 said:

Voter education hasn't started yet.

Come back in 6 months, the situation will be different.

Yep, Joe should be at 30 by then.

Edited by nauseus
+ be
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

I think that he will have a health issue close to the election date which means he has to gracefully retire and then a done deal Democrat will come to the fore and be a shoe in for the anyone but Trump brigade. Not announcing it now allows Trump to keep digging his holes and thinking that Sleepy Joe is the candidate. It will be a stunning bait and switch come the moment. Maybe Michelle Obama on a buy one get one free deal. 

I really do hope you are correct.

Biden has done well IMO but I do not believe that anyone over 70yo should run for or hold high office anywhere!

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

29 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Brilliant, Moriarty! Those despicable deplorables will never get a sniff of this.

• Confused 2
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Yep, Joe should at 30 by then.

Nobody voted for Biden based on his popularity. Ever. Nor will they. Ever.

Biden did not get elected because he was more popular than Trump.

If Biden's dog Major stood against Trump he would win. And he bites people.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

Nobody voted for Biden based on his popularity. Ever. Nor will they. Ever.

Biden did not get elected because he was more popular than Trump.

Makes sense. 

Nonsense.

• Agree 1