What Car would you buy now sub 800k Baht

3 hours ago, superal said:

only car to leave me behind at the lights was a Honda Accord . Try looking at 0 - 50 kmh which is realistic in towns .

My 2001 Strada pickup leaves most cars behind at lights.  Apart from boy racers & delivery truck drivers, most Thais are very slow out of the blocks ;-)

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Yorkshire Tea said:

My 2001 Strada pickup leaves most cars behind at lights.  Apart from boy racers & delivery truck drivers, most Thais are very slow out of the blocks ;-)

Yes, it’s super annoying, especially here in CM. But I guess they are watching out for red light runners, irrespective of whether the roads are empty or not.

19 hours ago, Gweiloman said:

In town, presumably stop and go traffic, even a bus can keep up so what’s the point of any decent acceleration? Acceleration is really only needed for overtaking or when joining traffic. Most EVs would leave the average ICEV in its dust.

Acceleration from the lights allows you to pass / underpass the outside lane huggers , slow pickups and inconsiderate , low driver skilled Thais . If you are happy to dawdle along , so be it . 

16 hours ago, Yorkshire Tea said:

Agree , plus crazy tourist carrier mini buses 

My 2 baht!

I have a Yaris, 1.5,  today you can still get a Yaris for 650,000 baht.

i also have a Toyota Hilux 2.4 E 2x4 Auto 7 speed Diesel and a 12 passenger van.

living in Thailand although it might be City driving you just never know? 

Must expat dont buy trucks to work or go off road. Out of all the vehicles is the truck a bit bumpie but so is the Yaris. Bigger is better?  I find the size to be an advantage on the road with Thais then I noticed gas mileage is much better and cheaper larger to me bigger motor translate to everything bigger which is the A/C, although the Yaris is well maintained I find running the fan at 3 to be comfortable whereas the truck at 1 is much colder.  Smaller engine waiting at long lights,idling, long trips takes it toll.

My truck is E, 2018. Price at 890,000 got it drop to 855,000, if mainly two in front should be ok draw back I got a big hog for a daughter in law sucks up all the A/C coolant for my son cause there is no AC vent for the back. If you want you need to move up model G 960,000