What Car would you buy now sub 800k Baht

33 minutes ago, kwak250 said:

Who said I was anti-china?

Nothing wrong with China I have visited many times.

Also some of the lower BMW vehicles are priced the same as Ev cars.

Now who's being silly?

Screenshot_20240102_175657_Chrome.jpg

What rubbish are you talking about? On the. BMW Thailand website, there isn’t a single vehicle below Thb 2 million. The most expensive Chinese made EV I know of in Thailand is less than Thb 2 million.

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, jaideedave said:

On that topic. We bought a new Yaris 2 years ago.Excellent for our small family. 620k. I originally was going to get a low kilo model 2 years old but was met with roadblocks.Most BKK vendors only would sell for finance. Thats how they make their money I suppose. Unless buying from a farang with the mainentance schedule followed I would never buy from a local. I did once and never again. Zero maintenance was ever done. My advice is to buy new only from a dealership.

Expat Auto in Chiang Mai has a range of secondhand cars, and a good reputation. Run by two Americans.

I bought my Vios from a Brit, he had obviously maintained it well.

Buying a car from a local I would regard as a lottery. Some maintain their cars, others skimp on it to save money.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, In the jungle said:

"Lane keeping assist can be useful if you need to take both hands off the steering wheel for a couple of seconds for whatever reason."

If you really do that I suggest you go back to driving school.

Hahahaha. You are probably still holding your steering wheel at 10 and 2.

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, kwak250 said:

Who said I was anti-china?

Nothing wrong with China I have visited many times.

Also some of the lower BMW vehicles are priced the same as Ev cars.

Now who's being silly?

Eh? For one, no they are not, they are more expensive. And anyway a bottom of the line 320d is not going to achieve classic car status either is it?  You tried to dig yourself out but made it worse.

320d, 220d, BYD Dolphin, Atto Seal, any MG, none of them are going to become classics so I have no idea what you were trying to achieve with your ridiculous comparison between BYD/MG and Ferrari/Aston Martin other than to bash the Chinese brands.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

Hahahaha. You are probably still holding your steering wheel at 10 and 2.

And would that be so bad?

I am sure there is a statistic somewhere. I am pretty sure now more accidents happen because too many idiots think they can drive while they play with their "phones". Or those people who "think" the autopilot function does everything automatically all the time.

It doesn't! And nobody should be surprised about that.

18 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

320d, 220d, BYD Dolphin, Atto Seal, any MG, none of them are going to become classics so I have no idea what you were trying to achieve with your ridiculous comparison between BYD/MG and Ferrari/Aston Martin other than to bash the Chinese brands.

Eh ! 

Come on you missed BMW 

Oh yes because you already looked like a <deleted> about that.

Do yourself a favour and quit.

44 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

What rubbish are you talking about? On the. BMW Thailand website, there isn’t a single vehicle below Thb 2 million. The most expensive Chinese made EV I know of in Thailand is less than Thb 2 million.

Oh Chinese made maybe but I was including all models

1 minute ago, kwak250 said:

Eh ! 

Come on you missed BMW 

Oh yes because you already looked like a <deleted> about that.

Do yourself a favour and quit.

Er, what??

"320d, 220d, BYD Dolphin, Atto Seal, any MG..."

What do you think the first two are?

Never mind. Closed mind, anti EV, anti China, makes up nonsense to support his prejudice, then tries desperately to dig himself out of the hole he's dug........and fails. Move along, nothing to discuss here. 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Er, what??

"320d, 220d, BYD Dolphin, Atto Seal, any MG..."

What do you think the first two are?

Never mind. Closed mind, anti EV, anti China, makes up nonsense to support his prejudice, then tries desperately to dig himself out of the hole he's dug........and fails. Move along, nothing to discuss here. 

You are a tool

You say I am anti China I already said I have been to China and enjoy many Chinese products.

Let's be honest nearly everything you own is from China.

You deliberately took off BMW from my list because I proved they make them in China.

Now where is that block a <deleted> button

• Confused 2

30 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

And would that be so bad?

I am sure there is a statistic somewhere. I am pretty sure now more accidents happen because too many idiots think they can drive while they play with their "phones". Or those people who "think" the autopilot function does everything automatically all the time.

It doesn't! And nobody should be surprised about that.

If you are a 10 and 2 driver, that gives me an idea of your age and driving level.

I don’t play with my phone when I’m driving as my new age car allows me hands free control of my phone if I need to answer a call. You should try it sometime, unless you are one of those drivers who can’t drive and talk at the same time like some old folks that I know.

I also don’t rely on autopilot to drive the car for me. Indeed, my car does not have autopilot and I wouldn’t trust it even if it did.

Is it that all ICEVs don’t have such modern features or only the overpriced Toyotas and Hondas?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, kwak250 said:

Oh Chinese made maybe but I was including all models

Well, American and European made EVs are overpriced and that’s why their sales have slumped. One has to have more money than sense if they decide to buy those over Chinese made EVs (and probably a show off to boot).

• Thumbs Up 2

Petrol car or Derv pick up.

electric cars, are  not for me now, maybe in the future, we will see.

To much new tech coming  round the corner, to go feet first into Ev.

Ps Got a good 5-8 years left on car at present. I will stick with that.

Edited by quake

1 hour ago, Gweiloman said:

If you are a 10 and 2 driver, that gives me an idea of your age and driving level.

Maybe I am a professional driver like Misha. Or maybe I am just realistic that if I learned something from a drive instructor that maybe he was right and didn't just tell me to do something to make me angry. You could try it.

16 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Maybe I am a professional driver like Misha. Or maybe I am just realistic that if I learned something from a drive instructor that maybe he was right and didn't just tell me to do something to make me angry. You could try it.

Did you actually watch the video you posted? He specifically said not to hold the steering 10 and 2. You’ve scored a glorious own goal, sadly.

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

It depends how you feel about cars. My recent car was not the sensible choice, but it was what the heart wanted. If you want a sensible city car (as you said you already have a captiva) just get the little Neta V and save yourself 300k. It doesn't float my boat, but it fits your situation if you have the possibility for home charging. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, alien365 said:

It depends how you feel about cars. My recent car was not the sensible choice, but it was what the heart wanted. If you want a sensible city car (as you said you already have a captiva) just get the little Neta V and save yourself 300k. It doesn't float my boat, but it fits your situation if you have the possibility for home charging. 

This is a very good comment.

It's some time ago that I bought a car, but I over the years I bought some motorcycles in Bangkok.

There is often a big difference in what I like and what makes sense.

I.e. I thought about buying a sports bike because it's fun to accelerate with those things. They also look good. But in Bangkok traffic they make absolutely no sense.

Luckily, when we get older, we think more about what makes sense and not only what is cool.

landscape-1493127142-download-33.png?res

21 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Honda Jazz or City. Jazz is better and a little cheaper.

Can't get a new jazz now unfortunately. And second hand jazzes are insanely expensive. My wife has a city turbo and is quite happy with it. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Gweiloman said:

Well, American and European made EVs are overpriced and that’s why their sales have slumped. One has to have more money than sense if they decide to buy those over Chinese made EVs (and probably a show off to boot).

..and Chinese made teslas? One wants to prey they are better quality than the US ones!

19 minutes ago, DavisH said:

..and Chinese made teslas? One wants to prey they are better quality than the US ones!

Apparently, the Chinese made Teslas are better made than American made ones. Better build quality etc. However, I’m not sure where these are sold. I would imagine Asia, including China of course, Australia, NZ, possibly Europe? I don’t they are sold in the US.

2 hours ago, DavisH said:

Can't get a new jazz now unfortunately. And second hand jazzes are insanely expensive. My wife has a city turbo and is quite happy with it. 

I was lucky then, just bought my new one in 2022.

Good to know about the resale value though I have no plans to sell anytime soon.....

8 hours ago, Sheryl said:

I was lucky then, just bought my new one in 2022.

Good to know about the resale value though I have no plans to sell anytime soon.....

Boy racers love the manual gear version which is what I believe you have. Look after it well and you can still sell it easily in 5-10 years from now. 5 year old cars are still selling for over 400K. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Gweiloman said:

Apparently, the Chinese made Teslas are better made than American made ones. Better build quality etc. However, I’m not sure where these are sold. I would imagine Asia, including China of course, Australia, NZ, possibly Europe? I don’t they are sold in the US.

This is what I've heard also, re: the better quality. It's a shame they are still quite expensive, though I imagine that will change in the short to medium future. 

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

This is a very good comment.

It's some time ago that I bought a car, but I over the years I bought some motorcycles in Bangkok.

There is often a big difference in what I like and what makes sense.

I.e. I thought about buying a sports bike because it's fun to accelerate with those things. They also look good. But in Bangkok traffic they make absolutely no sense.

Luckily, when we get older, we think more about what makes sense and not only what is cool.

landscape-1493127142-download-33.png?res

Having a son looking for his first car, I may be able to relive some of my childhood....jdm anyone?

eg.jpg

• Like 1

On 1/2/2024 at 6:37 PM, Gweiloman said:

…and anything exceeding 800k is irrelevant as to the OP’s thread 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Agree 1

On 1/2/2024 at 1:13 PM, Gweiloman said:

It’s been a while since I sat in any of the Hondas and Toyotas mentioned above. Do they have all the modern safety features like lane keeping assist, adaptive cruise control, electronic parking brakes, TPMS, blind spot monitoring, integrated dash cam, automatic tailgate etc etc?

You forgot the aircon duct below the steering wheel to chill ones scrotum or vagene when driving.

• Haha 1