Scores of people die in road accidents on fifth of the seven dangerous days

webfact

4 minutes ago, lordgrinz said:

Couldn't disagree with you more.

I think most expats would be of your opinion and yet many would willingly slip 300 Baht under a policeman's clip board (try doing that in the West) and I have seen many a falang jump into his car after 3 or 4 large beers, not obviously drunk but over the limit but they obviously drive better than the Thais and are more responsible, one of my acquaintances managed to kill himself by driving his motorbike in to the wall of his own house while drunk. 

• Confused 2

I would assume that most of the accidents are perpetrated by those with bkk license plates, given from the observations of this perspective they are by far the most careless drivers on the roads here in cm.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, novacova said:

I would assume that most of the accidents are perpetrated by those with bkk license plates, given from the observations of this perspective they are by far the most careless drivers on the roads here in cm.

If you saw what passes for a road test here, it would be very apparent why.

28 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

I have seen many a falang jump into his car after 3 or 4 large beers, not obviously drunk but over the limit but they obviously drive better than the Thais and are more responsible

Really?  Those over-the-limit, intoxicated foreigners are "obviously" "more responsible" and "drive better" than "the Thais"?    Could you point out where there is any logic in your statement?

Edited by Liverpool Lou

7 hours ago, DPKANKAN said:

On the fifth dangerous day, Kanchanaburi province topped the list with 69 road accidents and 73 people injured.

Not surprised!. Yesterday drove up to our 2nd home in Thong Pah Phum. Being overtaken by pickups and vans at speeds of 150kph. Cutting in and out and overtaking on blind bends and brows of hills, while big bikers were swarming round like bees and of course because we leave stopping distance between vehicles it is their target areas too!!!

Oh yer they love a gap to swerth into and cut you up , that's for sure 

The responsible department for this year's campaign can claim success. They have not had to report a Disaster so their mitigation has been a success.

For the 2024 campaign we can expect to a special statistical category for burning EVs.

13 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Was on the road last week.  Sorry,  the drivers here are insane.  Tailgating at 120 right on bumpers of other vehicles. Car after car.  So uneducated and reckless.  Ignorance and non caring.  Disgusting really I wonder sometimes how much they value life.

I was driving in Saraburi a few years ago and 5 pick ups nose to tail went roaring past us folks laughing and yelling,I said to the missus "that's an accident waiting to happen".Over the next rise, here they were all into one another .people all over the road  a couple obviously dead . As you say disgusting .That was 10 years ago.Nothing changes