Dismiss "Wokeness" - Stop doing business with people who hate you and your traditional values

15 minutes ago, Sunmaster said:

Yes...sooo inclusive....

Indeed. I include all those who stoop to hate speech and hide behind first amendment rights. It's cowardly. No other western nation permits hate speech.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, mfd101 said:

Hard for me not to laugh. Most of the people rabbiting on above - for & against - are living in Thailand, which must surely rank down there (or up there) in the bottom/top least 'woke' countries in the world.

My Thai Khmer peasant family is just emerging from the 1950s in to the light of the late C20th - technologically, economically, culturally. Some of the children are even already dealing in & trying out assorted illegal drugs. And everyone under the age of 77 (my FIL) has a mobile phone ... They may even vote MFP instead of PTP at the next election.

Meantime wokeness - the 80% exaggerated & ridiculous - is just a passing phase. It will have been forgotten in 10 years. And the 20% that makes some sense - greater sensitivity to the effects of our actions & feelings on other people - will endure under other labels. No point in getting hysterical.

I beg to differ. The activist make a living out off this.....no issues about wokeness to act up against, no payouts. They won't let this religion die. What else would they do?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Well said the Russian propagandists are even using anti-wokeness in their absurd caricatures of Western society. 

Brilliant stuff. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sunmaster said:

10 more years!?!? Good Lord....

~ Let's hope that we did reach Peak Wokeness in 2023, and that the nonsense will gradually fade away in 2024.  But I am not very optimistic on this matter as the woke mentality has been deeply ingrained and for sure we haven't seen the end of it yet. 

But voting with your wallet, by not supporting woke organizations and refraining from using their products/services can make a difference as the Bud Light saga shows. 

And organizations that hire/promote on DIE criteria instead of merit/qualifications will have to learn it the hard way.  It will take one or more internal crises and drastic measures/overhauls before they change their ways. 

Also on country-level, it looks that people have had enough as the election of Argentina's new President Millei shows. I do not agree with all his policies but his blunt anti-woke stance is more than refreshing in the Politically Correct climate.  

• Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Anybody with concerns about illegal immigration is not racist. This is why the left hate the wingnuts so much. The filth in our society want to project these negative stereotypes on and dehumanize their political adversaries.

"The Filth"  Man, you're a firecracker today. Thanks for the laugh.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

First sentence is racism. Second sentence is baby talk.

That blacks have a statistically higher probability of legal problems isn't racist.  It's a documented fact.  12.5% of the population and 33-36% of the arrests.  Or do you believe the wokies that try to convince us they're being picked on?

crime.png.79d20e54908e88cfeec10839f229e0dd.png

https://bjs.ojp.gov/content/pub/pdf/revcoa18.pdf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, impulse said:

That blacks have a statistically higher probability of legal problems isn't racist.  It's a documented fact.  12.5% of the population and 33-36% of the arrests.  Or do you believe the wokies that try to convince us they're being picked on?

crime.png.79d20e54908e88cfeec10839f229e0dd.png

https://bjs.ojp.gov/content/pub/pdf/revcoa18.pdf

Nothing like facts to deal with is there. 12.5 % of the population commit 33% of violent crimes. Yeah let's have these bros in the boardroom or better yet, how about President of Harvard.

• Sad 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

"The Filth"  Man, you're a firecracker today. Thanks for the laugh.

I unreservedly condemn everyone who engages in hate speech in the strongest words possible. It's sociopathic behaviour.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

I unreservedly condemn everyone who engages in hate speech in the strongest words possible. It's sociopathic behaviour.

Now let's find out what exactly you consider hate speech. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, proton said:

Not so sure, it's here but not as bad. They got rid of black man mops with the fuzzy woozie emblem and renamed Darkie toothpaste to Darlie, and that was years ago

And the Apache cough medicine ad must be on borrowed time

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, retarius said:

You haven't addressed violent crime by blacks. It is a staggering 3 fold higher than violent crime by whites

But here's the deal.  Just like Jesse Jackson, I'm a racist when I feel safer encountering a group of white kids after dark.  I think differently, and that's racism.  But I don't act on it.  I do my best to deal with the individual, and trite as is may sound, a lot of my good friends (and roomies) have been black.  And people I've worked with and promoted.  That's what Equal Opportunity laws are about.  They know they can't dictate or control feelings.  Just actions.

Jesse.png.49dbd635f2f1bfb46897c030563a2fec.png

Source:  https://quotefancy.com/quote/247823/Jesse-Jackson-There-is-nothing-more-painful-to-me-at-this-stage-in-my-life-than-to-walk

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Let's start at the beginning. Woke means understanding racial inequality. Emphasis on understanding.

That is what I still do not understand... Woke means the past tense of wake...

This morning I woke up... tomorrow, if I am lucky, I will wake up... and if I am really lucky... a man will be a man, a woman will be a woman... and all the women will be glad for it...

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

I hadn't thought of that one,   so white man taking a black wife could be  guilty of racism , likewise  a white man taking a white wife could also be guilty of racism,  whatever their real reasons for choosing their partner, both are leaving themselves wide open to accusations ,and once the accusations have been made , it would be almost  impossible to defend themselves  by any sort of meaningful discussion 

Its like a cross between Catch 22  and the Spanish inquisition,  With a bit of the Salem witch trials thrown in for good measure

When it comes to romantic wokeism*, my favorites are the 300 pounders screaming misogyny when they spend more lonely nights at home than their 130 pound friends.

Regarding race and romance, if you're a white guy and you choose Joy Behar over Halle Barry just based on race, you have a bigger problem than being a racist.   That's just stupid.

*Yeah, that's an ever changing meaning of "woke".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1