Exemptions under the new tax laws?

18 hours ago, Presnock said:

WIth US govt pension is easy enough to do, get yearly/monthly reports of pension funds sent and taxes deducted, then at end of year get a w2 stating total paid during the year and taxes paid for that period and if that is not enough, then there is my 1040 income tax form that I have to do yearly.

fyi interesting article on some local powers against this new policy too in Thai Examiner.com

I think you are dreaming there, as if that was true, then they, TH IMM would simply have started accepting those, (W-2/1099) as proof of income, instead of the 'income affidavit' that embassy is too lazy to verify by same means for our $50.  

Which I'm happy they stopped issuing, as would rather give $10 ish to TH bank for actually doing something than $50 to the embassy's scam.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, jerrymahoney said:

However, the conditions, methodologies, and documents supporting the claim are still unclear.

Thanks Jerry.

Yes, some things are indeed still unclear.

6 hours ago, jerrymahoney said:

The plan includes an amendment of the personal income tax return form to facilitate the foreign tax credit claim.

Thats the badger I was looking for.

What is included in the amendment will speak volumes and will dictate ( at least for some ) what avenue they will need to go down.