Hospital recommendation for general medicine in Chiang Mai

peterrabbit

I have now been living in Hang Dong for 9+ months and need to chose a private hospital to register at, which I can head to if I or the family was ill or had an accident etc. 

I have Bupa/Aetna/Alliance insurance for inpatient only so I need somewhere that accepts this insurance and has a good 24h outpatient department.

No specific illness, just a hospital where I can see a doctor 24 hours a  day in a reasonable time limit which won't break the bank and has good patient care.

Some where that puts patients before profits and is reasonably easy to get to from Hang Dong.

If you have a positive or a negative experience of a private Chiang Mai hospitals please share below so I can choose the right place.

I have had good experiences with Rajavej Private Hospital in Nong Hoi. Quite quick being seen. Possibly a bit far for you, although most of the big hospitals AFAIK are the same distance.

I have used Bangkok Hospital for check cystoscopies, professional but expensive.

I believe there is a clinic in Hang Dong run by a Dr. Morgan. Apparently she has a very good reputation among expats, and speaks excellent English.

21 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I have had good experiences with Rajavej Private Hospital in Nong Hoi. Quite quick being seen. Possibly a bit far for you, although most of the big hospitals AFAIK are the same distance.

I have used Bangkok Hospital for check cystoscopies, professional but expensive.

I believe there is a clinic in Hang Dong run by a Dr. Morgan. Apparently she has a very good reputation among expats, and speaks excellent English.

I agree Rajavej is quite good, for me just 3 km from my house and through my Social Security fund membership (which Rajavej accepts) costs are free/reasonable. And they have a totally profession in-house ambulance service with trained staff, and quick to respond.

Can you please share more details re Dr. Morgan, thanks.

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

I agree Rajavej is quite good, for me just 3 km from my house and through my Social Security fund membership (which Rajavej accepts) costs are free/reasonable. And they have a totally profession in-house ambulance service with trained staff, and quick to respond.

Can you please share more details re Dr. Morgan, thanks.

Dr Morgan.png

• Thanks 1

Been with Dr Morgan since the clinic was opened some 10+ years ago. Very popular with expats as Dr speaks excellent English and there are 2 registered nurses on staff, opposite Geriatric Hospital on Hang Dong Road. You will need appointment. Health Care Medical Clinic. Phone  08 2766 8672.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

It certainly pays to shop around if you can. I 've had excellent treatments and service at Bangkok Hospital on Super Highway, including 3 operations (varicose veins stop potential DVT again plus removal of gallbladder). Everything excellent BUT yes, of course, it's expensive. The following 3 are a lot less expensive, I think.

My recent post on Prostate Treatment highlighted an excellent doctor at McCormick. My very knowledgeable Thai lawyer had a prostate removal operation there and recommends it.

My restaurant owner, a very shrewd lady, had very good cancer treatment at the University hospital now building itself a very good reputation.

Sriphat too.

• Confused 1